Lippi Lines up Friendly with Brazil

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Regency, Jul 3, 2005.

1. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't seem to grasp how anyone can consider Totti a "risk". A spoiled, prima donna - si. A head made of stone, and at times a testa di merda - si. But a risk to the Azzurri, is a bit short sighted and a little harsh for me. Italia's chances in WC06 are significantly heightened with an in form and fit Francesco Totti. He is the best attacking mid we have. As I've said in other Roma forums, I hope that his recent marriage and soon-to-be-bambino help Totti's maturity and focus on what's important (i.e. it's not all about him).

2. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Babarino than how bout we both face the facts that if Del Piero cant cut it at international level neither can totti because totti has no leadership skills and he has one of those attitudes that you cant risk on a team. Well if Del Piero is in form than ill take him over totti.

3. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i kno this has nothin to do wit anythin but wat does FORZA mean?

4. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    The literal meaning of the word "forza" is "strength", but used like this, it really means the same as "Go!" or "Come on!"

5. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The blind ignorance and bias is all yours. You tell me when he has actually put those "world class skills" on display when it has mattered.

6. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    We don't need him on the team. The following team would be just fine:

Buffon; Bonera, Nesta, Cannavaro, Chiellini; Camoranesi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Zambrotta; Gila and Cassano.

And tell me what Totti has actually done to merit his so-called indispensability with the Azzurri? Think hard because I can cite to many examples why he should not be on the team.

7. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    Maybe that's the problem; get rid of her, I mean, his shoes, and maybe he'll actually do something noteworthy.

8. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti is obviously a fantastic talent. He's proved that
    in Serie A (110 goals, countless assists); at Euro 2000,
    where he scored 2 and gave a Man of the Match performance
    in the Final; and even at the World Cup, where he had
    3 assists and was our only midfielder with any creativity.
    Euro 2004 was a blot on his character but it was no
    reflection on his talent.

One should also mention Totti's exceptional play in
    the Champions League. He's been brilliant in many
    different international games . . .

As for replacing him, there is no way to do it that
    leaves the midfield with the same amount of quality.
    You can use Pirlo an attacking mid, but then you have
    to fill Pirlo's role with someone less creative like Blasi
    or De Rossi. Either way you lose the unpredictable
    element that Totti brings.

His main flaw? Lack of consistency. But the solution
    to that it to use Totti but not depend on him. I think
    that is what Lippi is doing now--making use of Totti
    but also getting creativity from Pirlo and Cassano. It's
    a sensible plan.

9. ForEverBlue

ForEverBlue New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    Quite Right! Totti would bring unique stuffs than anyone else can do to Azzurri, think about Euro2000.
    I think both Totti and ADP will be called up for Ger2006, and Lippi will mostly rely on Totti for this tournment.
    IMHO Cassano isn't that good for a regular though he could be shining as an sub of Totti, Vieri can be sub of Gila, that list of forwards could find no competitions except for Brazil.

10. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about a trident of Totti-Cassano-Gila?

11. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004

I think Cassano is still too young he has a lot of time and he will be in another two euros and another two world cups let him be a sub for totti

12. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    No Lippi will still use Totti he has too the FIGC would murder him if he didnt bring totti, its all politics i think at this point he is just living off his name

13. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think you can let a talent like Cassano be a sub. Did you watch him at Euro 2004? He led the whole Italian team. He has what it takes to be a star at the WC next year. If Totti, Gila, and Cassano can for a chemistry with each other, it'll be a nearly unstoppable trio.

14. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Your thinking too much like a roman Cassano, their are other players and we still have ayear to go how do you know these 3 can lead us. With the year Totti had im surprised you still want to see him in the +NT. HE did not mature one bit, NOT ONE BIT. Gliardino i will admit is a must have but i truly think Cassano and TOtti are expendable

15. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There's no better pairing up front than Gila-Cassano. Vieri is old, Toni is the same type of player as Gila, and ADP is still unsure of his spot on the team.

16. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004

Maybe your right maybe your not well just have to see next season im hoping that Cassano doesnt have a year like last year and that Totti finally grows up but i think the main problem with Totti is that he considers himself Roman b4 italian. But im also hoping that ADP returns to greatness. SO next season will most likely be a highlight season, and do you guys notice how everybody has forgot about montella.

17. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Montella was good in the first half of the season, but after the Christmas break, he wasn't the same player. He scored most of his goals in the first half and if he was the same, he would've scored atleast 25 goals.

18. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Correct. Next topic.

19. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    Sue It was an obvious attempt to bait me. But since we have a rogue moderator in here I have decided not to return to this place. Just thinking there are some bozo italians in here almost gave me the urge not to support the azzurris anymore. It is better I not return and read anymore crap. I will supoort the azzurri in an intelligent and fun manner and these obvious misfits can go get a life

20. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :rolleyes:

21. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    okay umm you need to relax and think about this i mean calm down in the end their just words ok there is no need to make a big deal about this

23. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Man... I question the loyalty of an Azzurri fan that would stop supporting them for a few people at a forum. :rolleyes:

24. Jet$on

Jet$on Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Old Blighty
    Club:
    Portsmouth FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so has the date been set yet?

25. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Presumably, it will be either Nov 12 or 16 which are the dates set aside for the WCQ playoffs. But first Italy has to guarantee they won't be in a playoff before they can formalize any match.