Linux: never better than Windows

Discussion in 'Technology' started by noaihmtch, Apr 19, 2006.

1. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    proven by many. it's been a while since the linux zealots kept claiming linux would send microsoft and its companions to the graveyard but hey, where are they now? hahahahahahaha

enough said:cool:

2. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    go microsoft.... you always have my full suport and you deservev it :cool:

3. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you gonna start a flame war at least substantiate your statements. In what way is windows better than linux? Stability, cost, security, ease of use? Please be specific. You can choose to continue giving your money to M$ for crappy products like Internet Exploder, IIS and Office. That's YOUR choice. I choose Firefox, Open Office and Apache.

4. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys, he's just a troll. Search his previous posts in this forum.

5. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    pfff...IE is the worst browser. Use Opera instead. It's lightning fast. Even better than Firefox.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Opera is a good browser.

As for Winblows, hey I love it, as long as Gates keeps making his crappy OS there will be plenty of jobs for us computer geeks.

7. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I ever get a spare computer that I can have fun with I'm definitely picking up a copy of Ubuntu to screw around with and try to learn.

8. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    why do you waste your time with something that nobody gives rats ass? :confused:

9. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    crappy? it's much more stable and reliable than red hat and mac craps. as for red had or any other stupid linux distros, don't even think you are getting them for free. basically they are the one who hire you without a pay to find and fix all the stupid bugs that windows would never ever have. get the fact straight.

10. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    go explode your mom's car first.

fyi, firefox is basically made for everyone's favorite microsoft windows family.it's not exclusive to mac or lanax so don't try to twist the fact. mozilla boys know MS is the best otherwise they won't make firefox or thunderbird for windows. it's disgusting how they claim ff is better than ie while they live on 100% help and assist from the greatest microsoft empire. what a ********ing low-life twat those stupid mozilla dipshits are...

11. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like someone's meds ran out early this month.

12. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    I think it's Hama's annual didn't get accepted by Apple day....

It just so happens to coincide with I wasn't good enough for Linux either day.

Anyone who knows anything about computers refuses to use IE. I've heard good things about IE2 though. Don't know if it's already out, coming out soon/ever.

The tab feature for one thing that is lacking on IE is so helpful.

Erm...Windows more stable and reliable than OSX?? Your meds have definitely run out.

13. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See this is how I know you are just a shill for M$. You try to spread worthless FUD about real operating systems all the while not having a clue about how those OS's work.

You do know that OS X is based on BSD Unix right? You know the same Unix that M$ took their IP stack straight out of right? You know once they finally realized that the NetBios crap that they layered on the TCP/IP stack sucked worse then Monica with Bill.

Windows would never have bugs you say?? ROTFLMAO. You must be in sales and have never had to support an NT, or 2k or 2K3 Network. If you had you would know just how stupid and ignorant you sound.

But please continue your posts, the humorus ignorance you spout off with makes me laugh.

14. M9fanatic

M9fanatic Member

Oct 31, 2000
    North Side.
    So i was reading yahoo news and came across this article....

Microsoft to Unveil New Internet Explorer

this is what caught my eye....
    :D Am I crazy or does that name not resemble all of noaihmtch previous Big Soccer incarnations?

15. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    HAHAHA...repped!

But I though hama worked in sales?

16. patrickdavila

patrickdavila Member

Jan 13, 1999
    Easton, PA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    chin chin nami nami

lol

18. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    My understanding of this whole "Genuine" thing with MS is that lots of kids are pissed that they are going to end up having to pay for a program they should have paid for in the first place.

Waah.

20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging from some of those articles, their money would be better spent on OSX.

21. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, IE2 is "based" on the IE code, so it's still, in essence, the same crappy browser.

And IE 7 does have tabs, but they're pretty crappy. In fact, IE 7 on XP has a crappier GUI than IE 6. The top bar has the back/foward buttons, the URL bar, and a search bar (just like Firefox, only a few years behind). This bar cannot be moved. Just below that is the "file, edit, etc" bar that can be moved around with the google toolbar. Just below that is your tabs/rss bar (just like Firefox, only a few years behind.) Even if you have one tab open, you'll still see a tab. There's no way to close, or move this bar.

IE 7. Still crappier than Firefox 3.0a1.

More from that yahoo link:
    This is Microsoft's third beta of Internet Explorer 7 made available to the general public, and Hachamovitch said there are plans for one more. The new version comes amid growing competition from browsers such as Firefox, which has long offered functions such as tabbed browsing. Some also consider other browsers to be more secure, since IE, with its market dominance, is a popular target for attacks.

In fact, the firefox guys suggest that the new IE logo shows the fox running circles around the "e".

22. Sebring98

Sebring98 Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Lansdale, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You could always try the Linux live cd's. Of course, you won't be able to save anything, but you could definately test it out a little. I don't know if they are still doing it, but they were sending out live cd's and the installation cd's together if you wanted to try. I got them from a friend, but they are also available for download, or used to be at least.

23. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    oh please dear, as if you were teaching something new!! you do know you were just repeating the same old shit that jeffs used to be bragging right?

24. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    windows users always have many choices. firefox, ie, opera, or whatever they like while mac and linux users don't have many

25. noaihmtch

noaihmtch Red Card

Mar 12, 2005
    Great Japan
    think of setting up vncserver for example. why would you waste your precious time for finding and configuring "xorg11" and "vncservers" from the display monitor to stupid password on fadara core blah blah crap? i don't know about the other linux shits but in Windows or even appal mocantoshi it's very easy to configure with the friendly looking gui. there are more than dozens of examples why lanax sucks big times compared to Windows.