Line-Up formation for USOC Final/Playoffs?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Shabs, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    3-5-2

--------------------Walker

---------Lietch------Pope-----Jolley

---------------Lisi--------Clark

--------Gaven--------------------------Barth

--------------------Guevara

---------------Mathis-----Magee

I love Wolyniec, but I think hes so much better as a late game sub. Changes the game dramatically. Gaven playes not so wide, Lietch makes good overlapping runs up the wing to cross anyway.

2. KeeperKid18

KeeperKid18 New Member

May 3, 2003
    NJ
    I agree with this for the most part. I like Bartolo out wide, and any formation with Richie not on the field is an improvement.

3. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like a good lineup. I'm wondering about Mathis though. The way the team has played without him in the last 2 games, I almost feel as if we're better off without him. With him due back against Dallas, maybe Bradley should bench him. I mean, if things are good, why toy with it? But he's such a huge part of the team, I don't know.

4. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I like the lineup, but I am not sure if I am comfortable with Leitch as our third back.

I personally would stick with the four back of Leitch, Pope, Jolley, and Edgar.

Edgar obvioulsy can cheat up more, but we should be careful, especially against a very good poaching team in the Fire.

The midfield is where this game will be won. Gaven brings us a different dimension that we have never had before. The question is can Lisi play the role that Clark had earlier this year? By that, can he handle the extra defensive responsibilities? I am not sure. I don't think so. You have to play Gaven out there, though.
    What we have to focus though is the strengths of Chicago, and you build your lineup to cope with that. I haven't thought about it much, but we'll see. I trust Bradley, especially after todays brilliantly played match against the Quakes.

5. Partizan_fc

Partizan_fc New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    New York City
    -------------Walker-------------
    --------Pope-----Jolley--------
    Ziadie------------------Bartolo
    --------------Clark---------------
    --------Lisi-------Gaven--------
    ------------Guevara-------------
    -----Mathis--------Magee-----

-or-

-------------Walker-------------
    --------Pope-----Jolley--------
    Ziadie------------------Bartolo
    -----------Lisi---Clark----------
    -----Gaven--------Guevara----
    ------Mathis------Magee------

I think Ziadie is going to be back in the starting line up for this one. Not sure who will start beside Mathis. Its can be Magee, Wolyniec, or even Juskowiak. I think Juskowiak is a player who can do well Vs Chicagos style but not sure if Bob has faith in him.