Lil Rant?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by CC05, Aug 20, 2003.

1. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep I think I will... final season match tonight against our toughest team in our league. All out dirty game for both sides. Our team pushing, their team pushing. Our team cussing, their team cussing. The only difference, our teams parents didn't yell at the opposing teams players - even the opposing teams coach was being a bit on the immature side. Their parents yell to some players on our team "watch out here comes the fat one" or if someone on our team gets the ball from them they'll yell "take them out hard". Is this really needed from parents? Along with this our player had pushed someone in the box as "revenge" against a push she had received just seconds before that (mind you neither girl fell and both kept their composure) and their coach had yelled "Where's the card for that push ref?" So in response, our coach (who I think shouldn't have said anything back in the first place) said "Didn't you see your player push our player first?" So he said "Yeah Yeah, go back to your cage." Is that necessary? I think not. It was so ridiculous.. IMO, the coach on the other team should be watching and observing the game, not making silly immature comments to the other coaches. And the parents should be cheering on their own team, not tossing negative comments to players on the pitch. Anyways, thats just my rant.. and i'm still fired up about it :p.

On a more positive note, our team finished that match 4-3 and finished first in the league :).

2. CPFitz14

CPFitz14 New Member

Oct 10, 2002
    Uncalled for on both sides. However, it seems like some of the responsibility should fall on the referee. Its their job to make sure the game stays under control.

-CPFitz-

3. CC05

CC05 Member

Jul 16, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep I completely agree with that, however the ref hadn't showed up so (luckily) we had someone volunteer to ref the game (he was qualified though). Neither of the two A.R's wanted to ref the game so he stepped in. Yes he should've said something to keep it under control, but i'm not about to complain since he was a volunteer afterall ;).

4. Pokeden

Pokeden New Member

Jul 20, 2003
    It is also the fault of the Coach. NO Coach has the right to act in this manner toward Referees, players, each other, etc.!!!!

Volunteer or not, Ref is still to keep control of the game. The ARs are also supposed to help keep control. If control can not be kept, abandon the game; and file a report. Yes, even for a volunteer Ref.

You do have a right and an obligation to request this. If Ref was qualified, then you can and should make a report to the authorities.

This is ONE of many reason why:
    things do get out of hand
    Referee stop being a Referee
    AR stop being a Referee
    AR does not offer support
    Referees get a BAD REPUTATION (and we know that they really do not need any help)

What if:
    someone was injured?
    violent behavior got out of hand
    protest was made
    your team did not win
    it was not your final game

There are soooo many "what ifs".

What age group?

5. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    I may get blasted for saying this, but that's a pretty funny story.

6. vakeeper22

vakeeper22 New Member

Oct 16, 2002
    VA
    I agree, it sounds like something straight from my league. Mind, the refs are the ones doing the yelling and screaming.

7. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Something

There's nothing better than parents actting like idiots because of their kids kicking a ball back and forth.