Like or hate new bigsoccer

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by WhiteStar Warriors, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Like or Hate it

1. Like

28 vote(s)
    26.9%
  2. Hate

76 vote(s)
    73.1%
  1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but if the background is going to be this light, then bigsoccer needs to use a different font. Basically, any sans serif font is going to be unreadable. Make it a font with a serif like Geramond and or Times New Roman, and it will still suck, but not as much.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  2. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's very quick, much quicker than before..

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Oh dang I never knew about that! Thanks for the heads up. It is a lot simpler using that but I still prefer what we used to have.

4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Me too. Supposedly, they are still trying to reinstate the "My BigSoccer" section but when will it be done?

5. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it. This is the second of third time that I have gone throught a major change. Much cleanier look and feel. I especially like no advertisements. :p See how long that lasts!

Since it's still not complete, I wouldn't get too excited about missing features as of yet...

6. koola

koola Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Scotland, it's crap.
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The new version makes me keep away from bigsoccer....

7. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    I think the colour scheme should be a black background and white text..
    The white background and black text = bland

Looks like a poor mans facebook ,with all the annoying alerts and "people liking your posts" .

8. CharlieT7

CharlieT7 New Member

Mar 11, 2012
  9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why?

And all of the issues in this thread are known and some (like the left navigation and My Bigsoccer) will be returning once all importing and thread fixing is sorted out.

10. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The new site is a huge improvement

Well done to everyone involved

Huss repped this.
  11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good work on the font front. Much more readable now,too.

Huss repped this.
  12. pablo85

pablo85 Member

Jul 22, 2007
    I'm lovin it
    With new website designs, wait a week or so with your opinion, most of the time you just have to get used to it!!

Huss and Q*bert Jones III repped this.
  13. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems though there's less users on this new format.

14. Val1

Val1 Member+

Arsenal
    Mar 12, 2004
    MD's Eastern Shore
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I agree. It seems that way to me, too.

15. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    people always dislike change, but change for the sake of change is REALLY uncalled for. and "if it's not broken don't fix it" comes to mind here.

Why I voted HATE

*where did "subscribed forums go" how come I have to look at all this nonsense instead of the topics I am interested in? will anyone even see this post or is it lost in the whole disorganized stream?

other little problems:
    *Each Profile used to say 3 clubs you like and 2 clubs you dislike. now your profile is only associated with 1 club (but while some clubs are on the list 3 times, you still can't write it in if it's not on the list)
    *I'm a "new member?" I had over 1,000 posts on the old BS. *FIXED :) *
    *Re-edited posts. no longer timestamps them apparently. that will do real well for score prediction threads. Some people probably can't wait to repredict every game that ever happened from now on.
    *navigation is not intuitive.

16. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    You'll get used to it. I felt the same way as you until I did a couple things.

Here's what you need to do. Mark all your forums read. When you do that you'll basically be starting fresh. Then every time one of your threads is updated it will appear in Watched Threads and you'll also get an Alert. It's like a more advanced MyBigsoccer.

In retrospect, the admins should probably have set all threads as read for all users when they did the switch. It would have saved a lot of moaning.

17. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My real complaint isn't that there were problesm with access, and usability (colors unreadable, etc), but the fact that some of the main pieces of functionality that make the board useable were straight up forgotten (i.e. left side navigation bar and "my bigsoccer").

Without those it's nearly impossible to navigate the forums, and honestly i've cut down viewing threads drastically in the past week because it's annoying the ever living shit out of me to try and switch between the 10 or so forums I tend to browse.

So either the admins had 0 clue what people actually use on the board, don't care, or weren't ready to perform an upgrade.

18. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sit corrected. Looks like we can no longer edit threads after some time or after they are replied to. *EDIT* :)

OK Question, is there still a "bigsoccer plus" paid subscription status? I used to have to pay to add attachments. Now, "upload a file" is an option, and I haven't paid my dues. Is this the site improvement? I think I found it!

19. hykos1045

hykos1045 Member

May 10, 2010
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree. Or maybe I am missing something. Below is what my watched forums looks like. Before, it was only 4 forums. Now it's about 90. I can't collapse the ones I don't want to read! If I want to read about ONE MLS team (plus its superfan group subforum) and ONE women's team and ONE national team I shouldn't have to keep this many forums open. So much clutter.

1. SA
      1. Soccer in the USA
      Discussions:
      Sub-Forums: 1
      Latest: Do You Think MLS Will Ever... bigredfutbol, Today at 9:05 AM
      RSS
    1. USA Men

Discussions:
      Sub-Forums: 43
      Latest: US v. Scotland, May 26, 2012 keller4president, 1 minute ago
      RSS
    2. Major League Soccer

Discussions:
      Sub-Forums: 82
      Latest: RSL vs Wanker County... I_Believe_In_Kreis, 1 minute ago
      RSS
    3. NASL

Discussions:
      Sub-Forums: 13
      Latest: Buy The Stadium or Help Them... speedcake, 13 minutes ago
      RSS
    4. United Soccer Leagues

Discussions:
      Sub-Forums: 12
      Latest: USL Pro attendance thread wtimkey2016, 2 minutes ago
      RSS
    5. Yanks Abroad

Discussions:
      Latest: Spector: Birmingham v.... iad_22201, A moment ago
      RSS
    6. College & Amateur Soccer

Discussions:
      Latest: Akron Zips 2012 Official... bisbee, Today at 1:52 PM
      RSS

Pro Indoor Soccer

Discussions:

..and so on and so on for a page a mile long.....................................................................................

20. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    It was like this for me too. I know it's confusing. It's showing you every forum you've ever posted in.

At the top left of this page, you'll see "Mark Forums Read." If you click that button it'll effectively clear your Watched Threads list. From that point on BS will only add threads to your Watched Threads list when they are updated (so you'll get your 4 threads back.)

Alternatively, you could watch only those forums you want, meaning BS will alert you anytime posts in a forum. But I suspect that's probably too often for you.

21. Fenerbace

Fenerbace Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Hate the search results. I noticed I've stopped coming to this site due to all this. That means Sounder fans won and nobody wants that.

22. City Dave

City Dave Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goodbye BigSoccer.

23. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys know there are close to two million threads on here, right?

I personally am stunned they got the new version up and running within, like, a day. I was honestly expecting closer to a week. That is kind of nuts.

Yes, I too am waiting for My Big Soccer and the Left Navigation, and a cleaner browsing experience. Also some of my moderator functions aren't working -- but the basics of the site are up and running and most conversations are continuing with hardly a blip.

I have bailed on a few forums for the time being as well, because navigation is much more difficult at the moment. But call me stupidface, I have faith these things will be ironed out in the coming weeks and months.

24. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Neither. We made a choice. To keep up with the forum growth using our old inefficient software was costing high four figures per month. We had to switch software so we could bring our hardware economics back in line. Using software to solve load issues is better than buying more and more iron. I have posted countless times that a version of My BigSoccer and Quicknav will be back. I will point out that this forum has WATCHED THREADS and WATCHED FORUMS. In my watched forums list I see four forums. So that's like the top half of MY BIGSOCCER for me. In my watched threads list I see everything I've posted in and that's like the bottom half. The quick nav is not ideal. As a stopgap we will add the forums you are watching to it so those links are always handy. We are exploring other options, but the migration was the priority.

25. YilmazOrhan

YilmazOrhan Well Brian, I hit it first time...

Jun 18, 2006
    Suburbia, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the improved speed.

Hate the drab gray grayness. I used to keep a regular eye on 4-5 forums, and check half a dozen others on occasion. Now I check the Sporting KC board and get the hell out before the grayness ruins my mood.