"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation"

Discussion in 'International News' started by jpg75, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    To give further context, here are reports from Iran's official news agency on the conference where Ahamdinejad spoke, including who attended the conference as well as the resolutions adopted by the delegates.

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-17/0604161280215858.htm

Among the resolutions adopted by the conference in Tehran, here are several that might be of interest in light of attempts to make Ahmadinejads comments at the conference appear somehow unique. Recall, incidentally, that it was under intense US pressure and blackmail (making repeal conditional to pursuing peace talks between Israel and Palestinians) that the UN General Assembly repeated its resolution equating Zionism with racism.

http://www.irna.ir/en/news/view/line-17/0604167583230248.htm

2. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So you think rumours that Ahamdinejad has been in contact with Millwall supporters to buy a "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" T-shirt are untrue then?

As the land used to be Jewish land, how did it become arab land? Clearly they can't possibly have taken it by force, as you regard that sort of thing as terrible, so how did it change hands? Were they invited in? Did they win it in a game of cards? What?

3. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ancient history that is irrelevant to the building the foundations of a just, stable and enduring world order.

Incidentally, because I do not believe in forcibly changing the character of any land, even though Israel's founding was illegitimate, I do not advocate a solution that would require another relocation of people from what they have now grown to know as their land. If the Moslem world, and Arabs in particular and Palestinians especially, were not powerful enough to prevent the "Zionist enterprise" from finding its foothold, at some point they must accept part of the consequences of being feeble. The part they need to accept is that the current residents of the "Jewish state" are here to stay. The part they need to reject always is the intellectual and ideological foundations of that state (political Zionism), coming up the same time with an appropriate framework to resolve the issue. That framework should look towards a Palestinian confederate state with an autonoumous state of Israel, an autonomous capital city of Jerusalem, as well as autonomous states in the West Bank and Gaza.

4. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    so how long ago does it start becoming ancient? Where's the marker between invasions of land being OK and valid, and them becoming unjustified?

so essentially you are against your leader's wishes then?

Or are the phrases "create an autonomous Israeli state" and "annihilate the zionist regime" synonymous in Farsi?

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Only in a country like Iran can a mentally disturbed individual be the president.

6. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...STINIANS.xml&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Red Card

Feb 13, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I would like to know is what the story with Ahamdinejad Mahdi/hidden Iman rethoric is? I mean, does he really believe that he is somehow the instrument to hasten the Madhi's return? Or is something else going on here.

Also, how do you reconcile his Madhi talk with his statements about Iran being a contender for the 2010 World Cup (because, I would asusme that after the Madhi returns, you will not have time for soccer). I am not trying to be funny here. I am serious.

9. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    "Bring 'em on!" - Dubya

10. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I guess you missed Seymour Hersh's report in the New Yorker, wildly picked up and reported by various media. If you don't trust Hersh, here is Arkin -- military analyst and reporter for the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/14/AR2006041401907_2.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=atuq2PVbmC0A&refer=us

11. Liviu

Liviu New Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Illinois, USA
    I can't believe I'm witnessing an insane Ahmadinejad provoking the world to stop him from obtaining nuclear weapons and the world is talking about "diplomacy, economic sanctions, and a multi-pronged approach".

The U.S government should put a $1 Billion price tag on Ahmadinejad's head.

If that doesn't succeed, inform the Iranian people that unless Ahmadinejad is no longer their leader in 30 days, Tehran will be "eliminated by one storm" and an evacuation would be highly reccomended.

It's about damn time we started acting like the most powerful country on earth.