Liga Nos 2020/21 CHAMPIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Aug 28, 2020.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #1 fdasilva, Aug 28, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    Lets hope the end of this thread is a bit better than the last one....

The draw for the 2020-21 league campaign takes place today. Results to follow.

Edit: here is the calendar. Fixtures to note are a derby right in the 4th round vs. Porto, and the 2nd last round a derby vs. Benfica

[​IMG]

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Gil Vicente has another 11 cases of covid and have been ordered to quarantine. It's very likely our first league match against them will not take place next Saturday.

3. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yea right. Liga will make us play. We're not benfica. We don't have the Prime Minister on our payroll.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I mean, not sure how we can play against a team that's quarantined... although from the looks of it we're getting hammered with infections too.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Apparently there are now at least 7 players and 1 staff member with covid-19, the club hasn't released any names but from what the media says, Luís Maximiano, Renan Ribeiro, Rodrigo Fernandes, Nuno Santos, Pote, Borja & Gonçalo Inácio are infected (asymptomatic).

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Ruben Amorim also tested positive for covid-19, as well as another player, and now even the chief doctor has covid.

7. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    How is this game not postponed yet? Complete bull s*** if it's not. We'll be missing 8 players, plus our coach. Gil Vicente will be without some of their starters as well. Absurd

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Covid gonna be treated like an injury, otherwise there won't be any football. Calendar is already gonna be super tight this year.

At least we'll have immunity after this

9. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    So if your whole team gets Covid, the whole team is considered injured? Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I don't think we'll play a full season without a few stoppages in between. If it gets out of hand, the liga will be at a halt.

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Well no i don't think they expect entire teams to get infected. Generally its been 2 or 3 max and they get sent home for 2 weeks. In this case though its likely it will get postponed. In this unique case both teams have many cases, gil Vicente has like 16 cases and they can't even train.

The squad has been isolated in Algarve to prevent further spread. The more concerning part is actually europa league, they won't cancel or postpone qualifiers and if we can't show up we'd forfeit.

Edit: the sporting vs. Gil vicente match on Saturday has officially been postponed

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Palhinha has covid-19 as well as another staff member. This is particularly worrying because the players that were supposedly healthy were isolated in Algarve to try and contain this thing. But Palhinha has been at Algarve and is now positive.

12. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    The postponed Sporting CP x Gil Vicente match has been rescheduled to during the week of October 12-16. Details TBA.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Finally time for our debut in the Liga. Not expecting a brilliant performance, but the good news is Nuno Santos (who had covid) recovered and was called up. Also Edu Quaresma is negative but not called up in time. Paços will be tough away but hopefully we get the 3 points, also considering that Braga started with 2 losses in the league so far.

14. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Starting XI:

Adán;
    Coates, Neto, Feddal;
    Porro, Wendel, Matheus Nunes, Nuno Mendes;
    Jovane, Vietto, Tiago Tomás

Same starting lineup as on Thursday, again Sporar on the bench, which just screams to me even more that we desperately need a striker.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Tiago Tomas misses a glorious chance to get an early lead.

16. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Golo!! Penalty scored by Jovane.

We've looked lively, especially the full backs Nuno Mendes and Porro seem to actually know how to cross. Just need a striker to finish these chances.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Shoot. Jovane pulled something and had to be subbed off. Nuno Santos (just recovered from covid) subs him.

18. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    That or Amorim has more trust in Tiago Tomás, but we do need a legit striker. I don't get why we're signing Tabata. Maybe we're preparing for Jovane's exit?

19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Golo! Coates turns it in after a great cross from Nuno Mendes (with his weaker foot). 0-2

20. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Dirty nutmeg from Tiago Tomás keeps the play alive. Coates makes it 2-0, assisted from Feddal (i think he was trying to head it in lol.) Great pressure from us.

21. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Bragança on for Vietto. Let's hope the kid can make an impact with 20 minutes left.

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bragança comes on and you can already see his technical ability. Also liked what Nuno Santos brought so far.

23. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    I really like Nuno Santos. Personally, i think he's too good to be on the bench. I know it's difficult to insert him with our formation, but he needs to be in somehow.

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Oooo lovely from Bragança, quality to chip it over the opponent and then spring a first time ball in the space for Nuno Santos.

SCP_16 repped this.
  25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    FT: Paços Ferreira 0-2 Sporting CP

3 points in the bag in a game where we started well first 15-20 minutes. Fell off a little afterward and in the 2nd half picked it up again and scored a nice 2nd goal.

Coates man of the match, but to me the full backs were really good, if we knew the kid Nuno was good already, Porro is showing a lot of quality on the right. They can both provide quality crosses and the team is screaming for a quality striker.

Wendel and Matheus very physical, although I think with Palhinha alongside Wendel we will have a more secure midfield.

Vietto continues to be inconsistent with his passing and looks to be a fish out of water in this system. Tiago Tomas missed 2 huge chances that a quality striker should always finish. With Sporar on the bench we should be looking for a solution. Looking forward to seeing Pote recover and starting in this team.

natenate101 repped this.