LIGA GUATEMALTECA (National League)

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by edcalvi, May 10, 2007.

1. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    JORNADA 22 (JORNADA FINAL)
    20180506_190936.jpg

20180506_191101.jpg

RELEGATION TABLE
    Screenshot_20180506-192608_Guatefutbolcom-1.jpg

GOLEADORES
    Screenshot_20180506-192640_Guatefutbolcom.jpg
    @Chul0 How many of these are Guatemalan??

Othoniel Arce (MEX) 9 goals in only 892 minutes, that's amazing.

Chul0 repped this.
  2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Damn wtf is going on with Los Rojos y Los Cremas ?

3. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    1. Mexi
    2. Tico ( just left Malacateco, rumor puts in Antigua GFC next season, imagine that)
    3. Pana
    4. Mex (if he would've come early Suchi would be safe, rumors place him in the spanish 2nd division, but its probably just humo)
    5. Chapin (how neither Sopegno Nor Claveri started him in NT is beyond me)
    6. Chapin
    7. Chapin (Messi a la tortrix, midget with a lot of skill, ala Altan & Ojeda)
    8. Uru
    9. Chapin (only scores when he plays for Centrone)
    10. Chapin (Merece jugar en the NT)

5/10 , not bad, better than usual actually

edcalvi repped this.
  4. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Combination of terrible coaching and bad recruitment.

*Cremas let the core of the Hexacampeonato leave without replacing them adequately. And then keeps insisting with the same carousell of coaches

*One of the best squads on paper, but Medford isn't what they need at the moment. They also replaced some of their best players with others that have "more cartel" , but dont contribute as much as the previous ones.

*Also, the rest of the teams have gotten better. A lot of them can manage to match similar wages as Cremas and rojos

Example:

Sanarate: has better coaching in Centrone, and players such as Paulo Motta (best gk we have, previously Rojos) and others that have play for Xela and Cremas

Coban: One of the best squads in the league. Better than all except maybe Rojos imo

Guastatoya: Best up and coming Guate coach and great recruitment. Dude has been there for a while too, tho that might change if he goes to Rojos

Antigua: A lot of players who played for Cremas and stability from a coach thats been there for the past 4-5 years. One of the best squads too.

Xelaju: Best guate coach we have

Siquinala: Decent squad & coaching. They can afford great foreigners. Where they get the $$ im not sure

To me this the perfect opportunity to revamp the league, but our directivos are too short-sighted unfortunately

Catracho_Azul and edcalvi repped this.
  5. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Only one six teams in the liguilla has TV rights that aren't with Tigo. Does anyone know of a way to watch these games? I was trying to create a tigo account to stream via the app using a VPN but I couldn't figure it out

edcalvi repped this.
  6. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    There's always some channel streaming games on YouTube. I'll post links here

7. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    The only way I've found them was on facebook. Just look up the name of the game and it usually comes out

edcalvi repped this.
  8. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Habemus semifinals. Antigua just got eliminated (they only do well in aperturas apparently)

Guastatoya vs Coban
    Xelaju vs Sanarate

*All 3 guatemalan coaches made the semifinals. And they all with different styles. Claveri is dogmatic and insists with his positional play. Amarini is all about transitions and Chapa is more pragamatic (has become more attacking this semester since he finally realize his players are for the most part offensive)

* Will Xelaju or Coban be champions again or would we have a new king (Sana & Guasta)?

edcalvi repped this.
  9. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    My heart says Xela or Cobán... But it would be awesome to have a new champ.

10. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Ojala que no, esos cerotes me caen en la punta de la verg...They're always calling themselves the best fanbase and yet they stopped attending the stadium when they were struggling. Not only that but there always violence there when they lose.

If it was up to me, this is who i rather win, in this order

1. Guasta- Ya merecen titulo los pizados. Amarini has been consistent but if he keeps falling short, which tbh is normal since they have the smallest budget, he will be known as a nearly-man. On the other hand, no tienen aficion so it'd be rather boring

2. Coban- They have the best squad left with 2 Guatemalan forwards leading the way. And I feel that like Antigua, they could keep up with Rojos & Cremas in the longterm. Besides it'd be epic to see how they celebrate another title.

3. Sanarate- They have super Motta, Centrone gives youth a chance (based on his Petapa days) and Nestor Martinez deserves to lift a tittle again. Dude is 37 years old but runs like he was 20. Imo, he's the best rightback I've ever seen play for the NT. I remember watching the UNCAF on galavision back in the day, and el comentarista le llamaba el "7 pulmones"

4- Xela- Just for Claveri. Dude is annoying with his referee comments but the best current Chapin Coach deserves to be champion at least once in his life

edcalvi repped this.
  11. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    The final is set:

Guastatoya v Xela

Newly promoted clubs:

Iztapa (seaside town in Escuintla) and Chiantla (This is almost a suburb of GTY)

Chul0 repped this.
  12. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Viste el desvergue que hicieron en coban? Esos de Xela y Coban call themselves the best fans, pero estan bien pendejos

I watched both the second legs and this is what I think.

*Sanarate llego hasta donde pudo. They had the opportunity to kill Xela last game, but over the course of the two legs Xela deserved it. Kevin Elias is returning to form

*Coban chose to have their worst game at the worst time. Not only should they have beat Guasta on the first leg by the amount of chances they created but They had a man adavantage for over an hour on the return leg. And yet their only "tactic" was to cross a lo pendejo. El unico que me gusto fue Delfino Alvarez. I've had high hopes for this kid (now 24) since his beginnings in Guasta. Once the NT returns, he must be in it. Ps Henry Lopez never fulfilled his potential. How Benitez brought him instead of Kike Miranda is beyond me. Also two of their best players (Robin & Lombardi) are leaving them for Cremas. Lets see if they can rebuild

*Xela favorito. No me gusto el planteamiento de vuelta but it was enough. These are Claveri's last games for xela cause he's resuming his NT duties once the suspension is lifted. You heard it here first. I dont think he should return, but entre el y alguien como medford, me quedo con el clavo

*Guasta ya merece ser campeon. 3rd final and Amarini has been part of all three (one as an assitant). Dude has been consistent and they showed great maturity yesterday. He might just be our best guate coach rn. Too bad guasta got two red cards, lets see if they can replace them

Final -Best chapin coaches. Possession vs transition. Tigo vs Albavision. The present vs the future.

Finally, I'm also happy for the new acendidos. Both with guatemalan coaches as well (Marvin Hernandez & Paco Melgar). But their stadiums are crap. Going from la maquesa & El Carlos Salazar to this is just terrible

Also, there has been a renaissance of guate forwards

Guerra, Robin, Elias, Bebote, Ortiz, Castellanos & Vargas

Not bad

edcalvi repped this.
  13. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Xelaju 1 Guastatoya 1

Me gusto como planteo el juego claveri. Presionando la salida, con los laterales bien arriba, and Brandon De Leon covering en la contencion. Unlucky not to beat Guasta who couldn't string more than 3 passes together in the 1st half. Guasta players looked tired but if they can recover in time, they're the favorites to be champions

edcalvi repped this.
  14. mczh

mczh Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I only saw the first half but Edgar Macal put in a great shift. I thought Villatoro made a mistake putting Navarro as the left back, which contributed to Macal/Godoy attacking down the right wing heavily. Paredes was visibly upset and yelling Navarro a few times

Is Macal really 26 though? All the prensa I follow refer to him as a juvenile

edcalvi repped this.
  15. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Agree, the second half was slightly better since Xelaju got tired and couldn't press as much. As for Macal, yes he's that old but our journalists suck, they rarely know what they're talking about sadly.

16. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Gol de guasta min 23 Vargas

Otro cerote that Cremas never gave a chance :'(

17. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Ambos goles de Guastatoya fueron mano a mano contra el arquero.

Merecido campeón.

Chul0 repped this.
  18. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    So it looks like its gonna be an eventful summer. Cremas already confirmed Vargas & Robin which i like, Rojos are trying to get Arce & our suspension will be lifted most likely this month with Claveri being in charge once again. The only thing i dont like is the fact that Claveri is gonna choose the rest of coaches for the u-17 & u-20. Last time he chose ppl that didnt deserve it imo.

Also, and take this with a grain of salt, there are rumors that Antigua might be sold to mexican investors who would even build them their own stadium. On a similar note, if our suspension is lifted soon enough they'll be able to participate in the Concacaf Champions league.

edcalvi repped this.
  19. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    Cremas just confirmed the signing of Alexander Larin as well

Chul0 and edcalvi repped this.
  20. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Thats right. How did he do in Alianza? Cause i saw him play a few times in the concacaf cl a few times when he was in costa rica and his long distance shooting was pretty good

21. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    he always been standout, mostly used as a wing back or winger on the midfielder, he can provide that X factor that Communicaciones needs. In the past he had problem with discipline but seems to matured much better, who knows he could eb like Paolo Suarez who helepd win you guys three titles.
    Plus Larin is sort of a lucky charm he has won titles in mexico, Costa Rica and El Salvador (just completiting the double with Apertura and Clausura).

Chul0 repped this.
  22. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    That's good to hear. Cremas hasn't won a championship in the last 3 years and haven't even qualified for the liguilla in the last 2 seasons. So wee need our new players to hit the ground running.

So I'm guessing he will be playing as the left wingback since our coach prefers a back 3.

23. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    A new season begins this weekend, and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, most of our teams bested their counter parts from Honduras & El Salvador, not to mention that Comunicaciones finally has a team to challenge for the title. On the other, the amount of foreigners continues to increase. Municipal has like 11, Antigua like 8, Coban 6, Cremas 5. Which wouldn't be a problem if we were exporting our players to better leagues but we aren't. Moreover, the vast majority of foreigners coming in aren't even better than our local players to begin with. Unfortunately, I don't think this would be fixed any time soon.

Anyways, here's what I'm looking for the most this season, which tbh is mostly related to the national team

Favorites for the Liguilla (in no particular order)

Comunicaciones: I want to see how Robin & Vargas perform on the wings. So far they've play as inside forwards in a 4-3-3. Which is where I see them as starters for Claveri. I'm also looking forward to seeing Saravia at the base of that midfield. Now, if Enoc could just go back to his old self, I would be forever thankful.

Municipal: I hope they fail so bad they finally fire Medford and all the crappy players he has brought. Its incredibly infuriating what they're doing. They're even including the assistants son in the squad in one of the worst examples of nepotism I've ever seen in our league. The worst part is, they have arguably the future backbone of the NT. Hagen (23) wont play, though apparently Motta is retiring after this season. Flaco Martinez (21) has 3 forwards ahead of him. Carlos Alvarado (19) wont start in midfield, Mendez (19) is suspended, Altan(21) left on loan to Sanarate. Heck, even Frank De Leon (23) wasnt a starter during preseason even though he was one of their best performers. And then you add that Payeras is injured and wont return for a while and I start getting mad again...

Antigua: Another team full of extranjeros (8). Unlike Municipal though, most of them look good on paper. Let's see if they'll represent us in the coming CONCACAF CL. I'm looking forward to Galindo tearing it up. How Claveri never called him is beyond me. I also want to see if Dominguez (uno de los gallos de Lez) is the real deal. Lastly, we need Jimenez to go back to his former self. We don't have any reliable right backs right now.

Coban: They lost 2 important key players to Cremas in Robin & Lombardi. They haven't look like they miss them so far, at least in preseason. Let's see if Dani Guerra can continue to be as prolific, but he's on the wrong side of 30 already, so idk if we should depend on him to lead the line (NT). I also want to see if Daniel Guay (20) can continue to perform as an midfielder. I also want to see if Cabrera (22) can continue to be the best right back in the league. Imo, he should start for the NT but unfortunately he's too "short" for Claveri :( Lastly, if Delfino Alvarez (24) isnt called to the NT in the next call up me va dar algo

Xelaju: I saw them against a Mexican second division team and they didn't look out of place. Kevin Ruiz (24) is there on loan. We don't have any decent centerbacks, so he should start performing asap. Finally, it looks like Brandon will be playing as a box-to-box again. At his peak, he's NT material.

Guastatoya: They have the best guatemalan coach. Right now the only players I see with National team potential are Norales (27) & Marquez (30). Let's see if they uncover anyone else.

Rest of the teams:

Sanarate: A lot of their players left so making it to the playoffs is out of the question imo. I hope for the sake of the NT Altan gets the continuity he needs. I also hope Sequen can reignite his career. We don't have many players in his mould anymore, and if he performs, he'll no doubt be very useful to Claveri

Malacateco: We don't have centerbacks, maybe it's time we could try at least of one Moreno, Betancourt & Castaneda

Petapa: Will this be Marco Pappa's swan song?

Siquinala: Well they now have Del Aguila & Juan Cardona. Unfortunately for them, defensive midfielder is where we have the most depth.

Iztapa: Guatemalan coach... I got nothing wlse

Chiantla: Same as above...

edcalvi repped this.
  24. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    @Chul0 any news about the group of Mexican investors who wanted to buy Antigua?

25. Chul0

Chul0 Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Supposedly they had talks back in May, but no one said anything after that. No se si era puro humo, or those investors realized how backwards our league is in some things.

Like the fact that their own rules, se las pasan por el culo cuando les conviene a los hijos de puta... like

*El Repechaje between Guasta and Antigua. Legally, Antigua was to be Guate #1

*Clubs like Petapa being able to register even though legally they could not if they owed salaries to their players

* Chiantla getting their stadium approved even though it didn't meet the prerequisites

* El chingo de extrajeros

Y a eso le sumas, que los estadios belong to the Municipalidades, and for example, EL Pensativo no le dejan poner alumbrado...

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of potential in our league. It could be very profitable, but it'll never be as long as the same directivos continue to do the same things