Liga de Quito - All news and everything related too

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by Vinotinto10, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinotinto10

Vinotinto10 New Member

Sep 8, 2005
    Miami,FL
    En Venezuela estamos contentos por este traspaso del Turbo,ya que no le estaba llendo muy bien en el UAM.. para los Fanaticos de La Liga,que tal les parece El ? Si creen que rinda por lo visto cuando jugaba en el Cuenca ? que expectativas tienen sobre El ?
    http://www.clubldu.com/noticias2006/noticia010606b.htm

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Venezolano Hector ''El Turbo'' Gonzales firma con La Liga de Quito

is he any good?

3. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Hombres dont cry around a defeat. They accept they were inferior..and move on. Stop whining!! Be a man, do mexicans know what it means to" tener huevos"? Trolling here is by far more feminine than a chic with PMS.

Edit: With no disrespect to South American women, we know you have more character than those mexicans here.

4. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: La Liga - Simply The Best... (r)

I think you might be confused, and probably talking about Atlas....

5. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Do those maricas you are referring to sound anything like this?
    :rolleyes:

6. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005

I don't know why these Mexicans are whinning about.

1.) You Got Eriksson! I would be in cloud 1000 if this happened to Ecuador:D
    2.) You Got Antonio Margarito, the best welter weight.:cool:

It was a good, passionate game. Liga never came this far. If America won, I would have said, "Great Game. Now kick Boca in the Boca" Nothing personal against Boca but they won too many times. It's time an underdog took that cup home to give other people a sense of pride.

Be easy latinos.

7. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

EL BURRO HABLA DE OREJAS..........speaking of gay.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT25LjWg-NU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS7O9-9Ff5k&feature=related

8. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    OK as I see the thread has degenerated enough, let's bring some seriousness back to the discussion for a bit.

Observations from last night's game:

1. This tied for Liga's worst performance with the last home match against San Lorenzo. It is very clear, especially in the first half, that Liga suffers from the pressure of high expectations and home support. Liga's best soccer has been away in hostile stadiums.

2. Guerron is not doing his chances of going to Europe any favors. He seems to be reading his own press clippings too much. As mentioned by other posters, he does need to mature and improve his decision-making.

3. Salas was brilliant! It is a shame that he plays the same position as Bolan~os, I would like to see Salas get more playing time so he can reestablish himself on the national team.

4. Honestly, America brought nothing to this game. The only threat was Caban~as, and we contained him except for a couple of occasions where we had to foul him. Liga was way superior in both matches, in pretty much every part of the field.

5. I think it would be better to play against Fluminense in the final. It makes a difference playing against teams that have no experience in the big matches - like America and San Lorenzo. I think Liga can beat Boca on the field, but I think Boca would have a big psychological advantage.

6. I've said this before, but at times Liga's passing and ball movement, as in the 2nd half yesterday, is beautiful to watch.

9. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Manolo I couln't agree with you more

My observations from last nights game

I agree this was one of the worst games I have seen Liga play you could see the players had alot of pressure on them as well as they seemed to be a step behind (at least in the first half) not sharp at all. Credit to America Bauza said they planted a system he wasn't expecting so the players had to adjust on the fly. They adjusted in the second half and the game opened up.

Guerron has to play his game and tune out all this talk about his future until the Copa is done.

As a long time Liga fan I was so happy to see Salas back in the field in an important match he is still rusty but you could see flashes of what a great player he is.

Caban~as carried America to the Semifinals on his shoulders but when he faced the Liga Defense that was the end of America

I agree Flu would be a better game it it will be a more wide open and we will be able to see Ligas beautiful passing and ball movement.

I feel Liga has to be Humble and focus on the goal ahead of winning the COPA Por que esto es ¡¡¡LIGA!!! todos somos una sola familia.

AGUANTE LA U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. preyes10

preyes10 New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    ny
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Araujo had a real good match. He stopped everything that was thrown at him.
    I also think salas proved that he deserves some playing time. he would be a great spark of the bench when defenders are tired.

11. MetroG

MetroG Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Newark, NJ, USA
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Excellente point Araujo has been playing great I wonder if he would want to be an Ecuadorian Citizen he would be great on the Ecuador backline since Hurtado is getting old what do you guys think? Also Manso since we need a playmaker

12. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I wouldn;t be worried about Liga's performance! it is true, they messed up some great scoring chances, but on a good dya, some of those would have been put away! for the finals, i am sure tehy will dig deeper and find some resolve. i hope Guerron can play with the team more. towards the second half he did and made some decent crosses in the area. what is beyond me is how the hell is Bieler still starting???@!! i give him props for waving the Ecuador flag, but enough is enough! for all the games and minutes he play, he has a measly 2 goals to show for it not to mention he offers little else. Put in Tin or Salas!! please~:D

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

Interesting thought - I always feel comfortable when El Tin is playing because he has the ability to hold the ball, pass out wide or to the midfielders to create scoring chances. Even though he is not physically 100%, he uses his height and long legs so he doesn't need to run a lot. Plus he has always been a nightmare for defenses with his ability to score and pass with his head.

The only thing against this happening is the fact that you cannot change a winning team.

14. ecuaboy12

ecuaboy12 Member

May 18, 2005
    Lehigh Acres FL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Guess we're playing fluminense, Lets do it liga bring the title to ecuador.
    The game is the 25th right?

15. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Congrats Fluminense!

Just how I wanted it...

two hungry teams.... let's do it Liga, I'm rooting for you guys .. Ecuador is behind you.

16. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

this is Liga's time, congrats to Flu but I really feel that it is Ecuador's time to lift that trophy. is anybody going to Ecuador? I'll be there!!!!!!! I just bought my ticket to Quito, suerte Liga!!! DALE ALBO

17. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

Vamo Liga la copa se queda en ponciano, Ecuador se viste de blanco!!!!!!!

por la Liga:dale alegria a mi corazon..... que la copa libertadores es mi obsesion....ya vas aver que no somos como los p**** de la akd.... Aguante la U

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005

I like our chances of winning the Copa.
    LIGA knows its rival already. In Quito
    we should have beat Flu 2-0 but we tied 0-0
    and on their turf we lost 1-0 with our subs.

I can see us lifting up that cup! :cool:

[​IMG]

19. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY

I like this matchup but I don't like it.

I like it because Flu, as Brazilians, naturally are the favorites, which puts the pressure all on them, even though they are not really better than the teams we have eliminated.

I like it because even though they beat Santos and Boca, but did not really dominate them. Boca lost because of defensive mistakes and a bit of bad luck - including an own goal and that terrible mistake by the keeper in Game 1.

I like it because we played them in the group stages and matched evenly, and they only beat us 1-0 with our second team.

I don't like it because they are very similar to our style of play, good ball possession, sharp passing, and speedy wingers.

I don't like it because the 3-1 score against Boca gives them a psychological edge, even though it was much more flattering than it should have been.

I don't like it because since there are so many great Brazilians, they get 3 weeks of rest, however, 6 of our guys are the best Ecuadorians, so our guys will be playing with and adapting to another team, another system, and then having to readjust and refocus on Libertadores.

This last point could also work the other way - our guys might be fresher and sharper...

20. ecuafutbolfreak

Jun 3, 2004
    Quito
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

what is the date and times of the games?

We can do it!! We can be champions!! :D

21. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I hope to god Liga wins it. remember what dumb ass Noboa from barcelona said "Liga will never be champions of Ecuador as Long as I'm with barcelona" Not only will Liga will the Ecua Championships again but have enough balls to be Copa lIb champs.. Can't wait.

22. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'll admit ... Noboa's money gets to him... sure he has the money.. but money can't buy talent. But I'm still a Barcelonista to the teeth. I wish the best to Liga during the final and will be watching. If it was Emelec... hmm different story.

23. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I agree 100%, especially on Emelec.

24. lfsr1544

lfsr1544 Member

May 9, 2001
    Glen Rock, NJ
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

First and foremost congrats Ecua for keeping the cup in South America:D.

Secondly, VERY IMPRESSIVE when you look at all of Liga's opponents in final stages: Estudiantes, San Lorenzo, America... ALL WERE FAVORITES TO GET TO THE FINAL!...

Last but not least, not sure if you guys have touched on it BUT there is a DOWNSIDE to Liga getting to finals.

Liga has several players that will be playing WCQ. Even if they are "enchufados" at the moment, it occurs to me at some point exhaustion/injury may poke it's ugly head for some of these players as they have been playing intense football now for the past month (including local tourney).

If not during these 2 tough matches, where they have to travel to B.A. and then back 3 days later in Quito, surely for the restart of the final. Something that Brazil NT/Flu palyers wont have to really think about. It just seems to me that something has to give?!

25. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

OFF TO SPAIN!!

DINAMITA PARA EL GETAFE.
    | Fecha : 2008-06-06 10:41:48 |
    Luego de una verdadera novela que se tejió alrededor del futuro futbolístico del jugador sensación del momento, Joffre Guerrón, todo se aclaró. Ayer (jueves), “Dinamita” firmó contrato por cuatro temporadas con el Getafe español.

Quito

La noticia la dio Esteban Paz, en declaraciones exclusivas a Radio La Red, en las que manifestó: “ Para nosotros lo más importante era que él (Guerrón) esté tranquilo…no le dejaban en paz con tanta oferta sin concretar.”

“El que tenía la palabra final era Joffre, ya que el 50% de su pase es de su propiedad…Carlos Tenorio y Agustín Delgado ventajosamente, ayudaron a que el se decida y diera el paso final para vincularse al club español”.

Joffre habría estado indeciso sobre si firmar o no con el Getafe, pero los consejos de Agustín Delgado y Carlos Tenorio, serían los que a la final ayudaron a Guerrón a tomar la decisión de ir al fútbol español.

De esta manera se cierra la novela en cuanto al futuro de Joffre Guerrón, la nueva promesa del fútbol ecuatoriano, quién participará en una de las ligas más competitivas del mundo, la Liga de Fútbol Profesional de España…Suerte Joffre, ahora Europa conocerá al delantero más explosivo del Ecuador.
    (DE)