Liga das Nações 2022

Discussion in 'Portugal: National Teams' started by JoseEmidio, May 20, 2022.

?

Portugal vai vencer o grupo

1. Sim

77.8%
  2. Não

22.2%
  1. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    We have become hated circa 2004ish, when we become a top 7/8 national team and Ronaldo rose in prominence. Not a coincidence. Euro 2000 we were everyone's favourite, amazing players playing amazing footy, but once it wasn't a one off and we eliminated England twice more, our reputation was tanked.

Thankfully it seems we have enough talent coming through to sustain our level..we wont have Ronaldo as the best player in the world, but we'll have a team full of quality players keeping us as a top tier team....hopefully.

2. artielange84

artielange84 Member+

Aug 7, 2014
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    English media, the wink, the battle of Nuremberg and cristianos incredible physique is what made us hated imo

SCP_16 repped this.
  3. Joao Bibliotecario

Jun 24, 2014
    Brooklyn, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I watched the 2014 CL at my local here in deep blue Brooklyn. That was the one where Real Madrid came back against Atletico in extra time to win. When Ronaldo took off his shirt, this German guy next to me was so drunk he began screaming the f word (gay slur) at the projection screen. I couldn't believe it.

The hate is all about Ronaldo. Like Tom Brady, people just do not like him. And let's not overlook the race angle, why are Wales, Belgium and Netherlands always fan favorites but Portugal and Egypt never are? That always annoys me. But whatever, we know what's up.

4. Sumol

Sumol Member+

Portugal
    Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #254 Sumol, Jun 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
    It's hard not to laugh at England right now.

But, this Hungarian generation don't play around and will give you a run for your money.

We know first hand.

money11 repped this.
  5. Area 51

Area 51 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    They have a core group of solid players.

6. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Danny mills just now on the radio defending Southgate saying before he took the job England were getting knocked out by Iceland and Portugal bang average teams.

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    One day, we as a people will be confident enough not to give a shit what other nations think of us . Fvck them!!!

8. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  9. money11

money11 Member

Apr 15, 2007
    lets be honest, we have a team that's easy to hate. ronaldo and pepe alone will have half the football world hating on you and they both are on the same team, cancelo and b.fernandes both have weasley type faces (I'm a cancelo fan, bruno not so much) only likable guy on our team really is bernardo....