Liga Bwin 2022/23 - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Jul 5, 2022.

1. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Imagine having a player who has been directly responsible for costing us so many points keep getting playing time over and over and over and over.

2. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Am I wrong?

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nope LOL Its your fault cuz u didnt pray enough when he came in

I been praying since i saw him warming up :D

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We have done absolutely nothing since they scored. The players look absolutely worn out and clueless

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    2-1 final

6 points from Porto. Potentially 9 points from Braga and 11 from Benfica.

1st place in champions league though :ROFLMAO:

Questions need to be asked. Why is esgaio always getting the nod when we have Marsa on the bench? SURELY He cant be worse.

6. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pretty crazy to think that one player alone has cost us 5 points already. And, in 7 games, we’ve already let in half the goals we let in the entire season we won.

The thing I find particularly frustrating about Amorim is when someone is playing poorly and the fans are criticizing him, Amorims way of defending that player is to shove him down everyone’s throats. Usually when someone is on a string of bad games, put them on the bench for a while and test it out in a few weeks. There’s no way Esgaio should be playing right now, the dude has negative confidence. Odds are pretty high that Amorim starts him next week simply because he will be criticized.

anyways, game was a bit harsh, we definitely didn’t deserve to lose. Leagues been over for a while now, I just hope we do reasonably well in Europe and can finish third. Luckily porto seems pretty shit too and I doubt bragas run will last.

7. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Also, I do feel bad for Esgaio, it is hard to blame him on this one. The guys simply not a CB, never has been his whole career, and never will be one. Stop playing him there. It’s setting him and the team up for failure. Marsa is on the bench, give an actual CB a shot rather than play a RW/RB.

8. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I know we’re probably shitting on Esgaio, rightfully so for that dumb penalty. But Inacio is done in my books. Just absolutely awful showing on that first goal. Put some pressure ffs, instead of just letting offensive players walk in wherever they want. I said it before but his career trajectory reminds me so much of Ruben Semedo. Hype after that first year then just stagnant.

Lack of depth is really starting to show with the scheduled ramped up.

We basically gotta go 24-3-0 or 25-0-2 from here to even have a prayer. That amount of pressure is ridiculous considering it’s the middle of September.

9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    He's not a CB but he's also not a RB for this club.

And Amorim keeps playing him to make him feel good? What about Poor Marsa looking on from the bench and thinking "What do I have to do to get a shot?" How's that good man management?

Here's a scary stat from goalpoint - expected goals scored and expected goals against compared to previous seasons

10. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    And so now we ask the obvious question that should be asked as to Amorim's stubbornness to constantly play the players who aren't good enough for this team: WHY?

And here's the answer: Amorim was given control over the squad and it's incoming transfers. HE chose to spend $6.5 million on Esgaio who, up to that point, was a trash player when he was at Sporting the first time around and continued to be a trash player for Braga. But, as we all know, Amorim wants HIS guys (Paulinho, Esgaio, Trincao, Edwards, etc.). So, because we over paid for probably the worst player who's played at this club in at least the last 20 years at the behest of Lord Amorim, he finds the need to constantly play him in hopes of justifying such a colossal failure of a transfer. Because Esgaio was his recommendation and Amorim is as proud as a human can possibly be so he will double, triple, quadruple down if need be hoping to show he wasn't wrong at all and that Esgaio actually has a place in this squad.

We had a CB on the bench. A CB who had a decent pre-season and who should logically be next in the order to start and get minutes. Not too abstract considering Amorim was known for playing the young guys. What does he do? He brings on the dude who has single-handedly cost us points against Chaves, Braga, & Boavista JUST THIS YEAR ALONE. I'm not even talking about his horror show in Sao Miguel last year where he was directly responsible for all 3 goals that practically lost us the season.

So, that burden of responsibility falls on one person: Amorim.

Also, your assessment of us not deserving to lose is flat out wrong. We thoroughly deserved to lose this game. Dominated possession, but we were absolutely toothless in the final 3rd and Boavista threatened nearly every time they attacked. This is what happens when you field the same exact starting 11 as we did 4 days ago in Europe, and refuse to make substitutions until the 75th minutes. Again, Amorim's fault.

The Zeta Variant repped this.
  11. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    FACTS. Dude is too slow to play RWB, and too much of a shitty player for any position on this team really. He's a garbage player, one of the worst I've seen here.

I'd take Leandro Grimi, Hugo, Bruno Gaspar, Cristian Borja, Abel Ferreira, Joaozinho, etc. over him. I'm not even exaggerating how bad he is.

12. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    whats wrong with trincao and Edwards now? I disagree with your general premise. Sure Esgaio hasn’t worked out, but a coach should be the one that decides what his team needs. It’s what led to our only league win in 20 years and has generally worked out very well for us. The way the previous administrations worked, even this administration before Amorim, was to sign 30 random players every off season and hope some of them stick. This is clearly better. And it’s what every well run team in Europe does.

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Porro, Neto, Coates and Jovane all out for tomorrows game. St. Juste is recovered but won't start the game as a precaution.

Oh goodness we're gonna have Esgaio at CB again.

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What happened to Porro?

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Knock in training. Will probably recover for Marseille.

Now that I realize, esgaio will be at RB. So who plays CB? Do we finally see Marsa?

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Porro is always fuckin hurt man. Literally ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    St Juste looks like the same. We either buy crap players or good players that are injured half the time

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Starting XI

Adán;
    Gonçalo Inácio, José Marsà, Matheus Reis;
    Ricardo Esgaio, Morita, Ugarte, Nuno Santos;
    Trincão, Pote, Paulinho

Subs: Franco Israel, André Paulo, St. Juste, Sotiris, Edwards, Rochinha, Fatawu, Arthur, Nazinho

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Esgaio gonna get fucking WRECKED by Fujimoto. Mark my words.

20. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Morita is a stud

nelly29 repped this.
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Missed the first half but scoreline looks good. If we score first we seem to play well. Its when we have conceded first that we seem to deflate.

22. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Would be nice to pop another then save some energy for CL

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Trincao man shoot the ball

24. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Too many spoiled chances to ice this game grrrrrrrrr

gotta get to 3-0 before this turns to 2-1

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We dick around so much in the box when Gil is literally gifting us chances. Then they look dangerous on set pieces and can easily make it 2-1