Liga Aguila News and Comments

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by crzdcolombian, Oct 6, 2014.

1. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Looking to make the league a 20 team league. Seems like an excuse to promote America de Cali or the only way for them to do it is to have 4 teams promoted next season haha

I am ok with it as long as we fix the play offs and the preseason. The league has too many games. The final is played then 2 weeks later the league starts. Champion has 0 time to recover and teams get burned out and form goes down the shitter look at Nacional!!!

http://m.futbolred.com/torneo-posto...ica-y-cortulua-apoyan-los-20-equipos/14646356

2. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Si tuvieramos asistencias de 15k en promedio, hasta tendria sentido, pero con 10 o 12 de los equipos de primera A promediando menos de 5k, meter dos equipos mas ni atraera mas publico ni traera mas plata. Que tristeza que lo que no pueden lograr con futbol lo traten de lograr en el escritorio.

3. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Issue is stadiums aren't safe. Should be a fun place to take the kids

Even in the US it's filled with drunk assholes who want to fight and only drink and be annoying.

When I saw Brazil V Colombia people in front of me got up every 5 minutes to pee or buy beer.

5. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope. If you look at the teams in primera A only half of them have a decent fan base. In primera B probably 5 or 6 more and that's it. And the product is mediocre at best; why go to stadiums to watch crappy games if you can watch better games in TV at anytime ? The result is that the fan base at the stadium becomes dominated by hooligans.

6. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  7. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  8. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Group A: Santa Fe, Nacional, Caldas, Huila

Group B: Medellin, Cali, Tolima, Aguilas Doradas

Pretty much equal groups, will be an interesting playoff before they league will be changed.

9. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Would have been cool if Aguilas and Huila didn't make it. Sadly Junior and Millos are run by assholes

10. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Huila lost yesterday after 11(!) matches. They deserves to be there and Pecoso does a wonderful job there. We will have a difficult time against them.

pepinointer repped this.
  11. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Why didn't the league end early this season?

Nacional losing 5 players. Santa Fe their best 2 and Junior/Santa Fe losing there stars as well.

The play off thing is stupid who even wins the most points after 20 games should be champion. It's not like the stadiums get full every game that justifies teams playing an extra 4-8 more games after half the teams are eliminated

12. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The playoff are usually packed, unlike the other 20 games, for most teams.

And copa centenario was not a sure thing until march or April.

You have very bad memory for a guy making it big out there.

pepinointer repped this.
  13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No just in general. The team with the most points should be champion: the whole playoff is stupid people don't go to the games why add games to a already packed schedule. Plus all the teams that make it to the playoffs have less time to rebuild.

14. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It works for FPC. Or you'd rather have Nacional crowned champion like PSG, every season with 7 games to spare?

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dude who ever is top team at the end should be champion. So Nacional, Santa Fe, Junior getting their best guys taken for play offs are a good system?

Is it going to be 1 game knockout or that lame mini group bs?

16. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    http://www.eltiempo.com/deportes/fu...igara-a-los-simuladores-en-el-futbol/16671740

Long time coming

17. Baal88

Baal88 Member+

May 10, 2008
    Medellin
    Club:
    Independiente Medellin
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    pepinointer repped this.
  18. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    dapip repped this.
  19. kromekote

kromekote Member+

May 22, 2012
    Club:
    America de Cali
    keep it coming Pibe ;)

Couple of quick editorial notes -

1. Not sure if it's a new regulation or not but I think that 'post-season' points no longer count toward the relegation battle. Meaning your point about Jaguares trying to rack up additional points in this phase to save them from relegation isn't relevant. Same would apply for America de Cali. Only regular season points.

2. Farias is pretty much done for the season. He had some knee surgery back in April but is still just in personal training mode.

Considering this blog was done pre-results, your odds resulted pretty precise.

pibe10 repped this.
  20. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

As for Jaguares I mean that their main goal is staying in the league referring the second semester. Maybe I didn't explain myself clearly. Of course playoff series points are not included in the regular season. In fact, I'm not sure if they were at some point, but maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the review

kromekote repped this.
  21. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Wow, what a wonderful semifinal it supposed to be! Atletico Nacional vs. Millonarios & America Cali vs. Deportivo Cali. My gamble is on my team of course, and Deportivo.

crzdcolombian and dapip repped this.
  22. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I agree. Millonarios is not as deep and talented as Nacional, and I also think America lacks experience compared to Cali. So nice to see historical teams on the semifinals.

pibe10 repped this.
  23. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Is this how the league will be going forward? With the direct knockout :) I like it much better then the two group bullshit.

My only thing is wish it was like the NFL where better team has home field advantage. Most these games play to empty stadiums or not many fans. Seems like most revenue is TV revenue. So think less games would be better . So guys have longer vacation and rest time

Would be
    Game 1- team 1 v team 8
    Game 2 - team 2 v team 7
    Game 3 team 3 v team 6
    Game 4 team 4 v team 5
    Semis
    Game 5- game 1 winner v game 4 winner
    Game 6 - game 2 v game 3 winners
    Final - obviously the winner of the past 2 games

Maybe even have a 3rd place game. I mean l like the new format but still think it's too many games. The winner always seems burnt out the next season. Also kind of bullshit that playoff wins don't count towards regulation. Everyone should start at the same spot. If Real Madrid finishes last next season they get demoted next year. This bullshit 2 season games thing in Colombia where certain teams have a insane cushion Over new promoted teams isn't fair

Feel winner of every one v everyone gets nothing for doing that!! Maybe will make it a bit more competive

24. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crazed, it is a two legged format, where each bracket plays home and way. Top seeded teams DO have a home advantage: The higher seeded teams plays at home for the second leg, where they would have advantage in case of extra time or PKs - and they have advantage for all the playoffs. Furthermore, teams 1 through 4 were seeded and their opponents where randomly selected from teams 5 through 8.

I do think that they don't need the random selection part, and as you said, seed 1 should play 8th place and so on, but other than that, everything you have asked for is already there. And no 3rd place game. Yucks.

pibe10 repped this.
  25. pibe10

pibe10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Petach Tikva, Israel
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    +1

3rd place game is the most annoying thing in sports.

dapip repped this.