Lifting Sal's ban

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by P to the Wee, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Part of me hopes not :laugh:
    Imagine he comes back and calls someone a goof and gets another 90 year sentence and we go through this all over again?!

It has, and in context too, but in the words of our infamous Napoli mod "you have your opinion and I have mine!" :thumbsup:

2. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Truth is this is about Sal and not about Sal. He has become the symbol. My problem and I believe for some of you stating opinions is that moderation on this forum has gone down the avenue of political correctness, which has far greater influence than the message of a post intends. All of which is one sided and very subjective. It is OK to disparage someone from the Appalachia region, refer to them as uneducated rednecks and so forth. Or have threads with titles and content with the sole intent of targeting against people of certain religions, political beliefs or regional location. As long as it is not in violation of liberal values. I recently received a warning concerning a meme that I posted that showed the absurdness that somehow the Confederate battle flag is a symbol of hate and yet, the flag of Islam of which fanatical extremists use to kill innocent people has no meaning at all. The meme stated "Who makes these rules?" I was told that posting that meme was offensive to Muslims. No it was not. The moderator did exactly what was the message of the meme. He imposed his subjective values and misunderstood the message altogether, in the name of political correctness.

BigSoccer has become a bully forum. If you do not conform to our ideals, you will be sent off. Fine. I only converse on the Italy forum because I enjoy conversations with those who are regulars on it. We support different clubs and yet, can still have civil discourse among each other, even when we get into rivalry mode. Unfortunately, that is not the case in the other forums. The hate comes out in those forums. Think about that.

3. meazza

meazza Member+

Jul 12, 2013
    With all due respect I'm quite certain that after reading your posts that a 5 year old is smarter than you.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Enough's enough. @Sal - if you can get your posse to apologize for being so obnoxious repeatedly, to pledge to not do this again, and to acknowledge here that they you have done a lot to bring this on yourself, I'll consider yet another chance. But until then, not going to even consider it. If they remotely care about you, they'll attempt to drop this act, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I can't imagine going through life with this much righteous indignation over falsehoods, but to each their own I guess.

Il Ciuccio repped this.