Lieke Martens • Netherlands

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by sbahnhof, Jun 13, 2021.

1. sbahnhof

sbahnhof Member+

Nov 21, 2016
    Aotearoa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    “I’ve played in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany and now Sweden. Everywhere I’ve been has been good for me, and I think I’ve made the right decisions so far. Even so, it’d be good to stay in one place for a little longer now, to help my development more.”
    - Lieke Martens, 2015
    (Women's Soccer United)

[​IMG]

2017: "Martens named player of the tournament" | UEFA Women's EURO | UEFA.com

[​IMG] From Barça TV, the next year:

In 2021, the long-term plan paid off, both for Martens and for Barcelona, but it is worth remembering (from De Telegraaf), “The starring role for Martens was all the more remarkable, because the right-footed left winger was not always a certainty in the starting eleven of the team”.

- "Lieke Martens’ big game conundrum for Lluís Cortés" - (Taylor Powling, Jan 2021 / Archive)

Uefa Women's Champions League
    ★ Semi-final, 2nd leg vs PSG

And the final, well, you all saw it :)

Chelsea 0 - 4 Barcelona - (Leupolz OG 1', Alexia 14'p, Bonmatí 21', Graham Hansen 36')

Is there more to come? This bio & profile of her is from 2020 (by Rajesh Kannan, Barça Universal)
    https://barcauniversal.com/lieke-martens-the-queen-the-jewel-and-the-face-of-barca-femeni/

soccernutter and blissett repped this.