Libis Andres Arenas -News

Discussion in 'Colombia' started by Bigpapa42, Dec 15, 2004.

1. Diego Londoño

Apr 4, 2000
    Medellín, Colombia
    he will be training in Portugal, show them if he can be signed there. I hope he will be able to play in Portugal, at least as second goalie.

2. hadexxx

hadexxx Moderator
    Staff Member

May 3, 2005
    mmm... I don't know, to play in Portugal is not such a wonderfull thing. if you look at it sportswise, meaning that he will be a starter (maybe) then it's good if he is in a team that will go to champions league or uefa cup (or if he gets payed really great money and he doesn't care). The reason why I don't see portugal as this soccer Mecca or as this "trampolin" to elite start up is because i used to play with this guy that got picked to play against the second division of benfica, everything payed (hotel, trip to portugal, etc) don't get me wrong, he is an amazing player (actually was, before his knee injury, now i am amazed to take the ball from him so easily, and the reason is his fear after the injury). anyways this guy was a great player, but a no one and got taken to portugal to kick the portuguese benfica's ass. It makes me think you know. ROSCA? The guy that made up the team to play Benfica was this guy that has a lot of money, this was no tournament nor anything, it was just a friendly match of a street team against the youth team of a prof. team.

I get the fealing that they are a bit corrupt, i hope if Libis goes there he is under the arms of the right people (right corrupt people if you can say). Portugal has shown that goalies are very good there and competition is good, Ricardo is an amazing keeper and I hope Libis can be like him or better.

www.nuestrofutbol.tv

3. el crack

el crack New Member

Jul 22, 2006
    CF
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  4. carlos fernandes

carlos fernandes New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Hadexxx, I am portuguese and a sporting clube de portugal fan, I decided to write because i clearly reject the idea that you are passing to the other visitors that sporting is corrupt.

It is true that it is a process that investigates corruption in the portuguese football but the main suspects are the president of the FC Porto and some members that regulate the portuguese football. although, sporting is one of the bigger "supportes" of this investigation in order to punish the involved ones, having denounced this kind of activities since long time ago. sporting is not under suspection of corruption and is not a corrupt club!

another thing that is important to mention is that sporting has one of the best football academies of europe, "producing" talents like FIGO, Cristiano Ronaldo, among others, and if libis arenas really come to portugal, and if he has category and quality to be better than RICARDO, this way he could call the attention of bigger clubs and be tranfered for big clubs, but at high costs too... if he has not this quality it no matters if we goes to portugal or spain or even england becausehe will never has the quality to reach a club like manchester or barcelona. another important thing that you probably don't know is that sporting usually goes to champions league (as in the current year but teams like bayern and Inter eliminated sporting) and sporting reached the final of the Uefa cup in 2004-2005 season...

5. SportingFan

SportingFan New Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Hello everyone!

I'm a Sporting Clube de Portugal fan, and the news here said that Arenas probably arrive soon.

Who knows the qualities of Arenas? What's your opinion about this goalkeeper?

Thanks.

6. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He is a real good goalkeper. He is young and have the potencial to become a big player.
    He has aslo a good international experience with the under 21 Colombian National team.
    All colombians has good expectation for his boy.
    Colombia has always good goalkeppers Higuita, Cordoba. Mondragon, Calero and the new generation has a lot of talent for follow the road of the others.

7. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    libias no era q estaba en la lazio

8. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Libis estubo seis meses en la Lazio pero no tenia espacio la Lazio prefiriò seguir con jugadores ke tienen un recorrido y ya estan viejos Peruzzi 37 anos y Ballota 42 ademas de tener a Sereni ke tampoco ha jugado nunca.
    Ademas la Lazio imcumplio unos pagos asi ke Libis kedo libre para buscar otro equipo.
    Creo ke es lo mejor para el visto su edad y al talento, estar siempre en la banca y jugando solo con las juveniles no le ayuda a crecer y lo ke hacia era perder tiempo.
    Ojala en el Sporting lo dejen jugar o por lo menos lo dejen jugarse el cupo de titular

9. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Libis Arenas estará a prueba en el Sporting de Lisboa

El joven portero colombiano Libis Andrés Arenas Murillo, de 19 años y del Envigado F.C. de la Primera B, estará a prueba en el Sporting de Lisboa, de Portugal, durante cuatro meses.

More...

10. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Libis Arenas inicia un periodo de prueba en el Sporting

El joven portero colombiano Libis Arenas, de 19 años, inicia este miércoles en el Sporting de Portugal, un periodo de prueba de cerca de cuatro meses que podrÃ**a terminar con su contratación para la próxima temporada en el caso de convencer a los técnicos del equipo lisboeta.

More...

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: News: Libis Arenas inicia un periodo de prueba en el Sporting

le va a ser duro ser titular ya q es suplente ni mas ni menos q de ricardo, ojala q a ricardo le pase lo msmo q a rustu despues del 2002 ( quemarse, y q el unico q le mea goles a libis q sea wason y depronto nestor alvarez

12. uppsala

uppsala New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sweden
    Libis Arenas

Hola Amigos!

Do you know anything new about Libis Arenas? I know that he is owned by Lazio, but we never hear anything about him. Is he on loan to a Colombian club? Does he still play for your U21 national team?

Muchos gracias!

13. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Libis Arenas

libis isnt part of lazio they never paid the money for him... know he is at portugal at sporting tring to make the team... he is at loan there for 3 months I think so by the end of the summer we should know if he makes it... if he does he will be a 2nd string goalie because the starter is Portugals #1

14. uppsala

uppsala New Member

Apr 18, 2005
    Sweden
    Re: Libis Arenas

:eek:

I didn't know that. Do you have some kind of a source or something?

15. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Libis Arenas inicia un periodo de prueba en el Sporting

Lisboa, Portugal

El joven portero colombiano Libis Arenas, de 19 años, inicia este miércoles en el Sporting de Portugal, un periodo de prueba de cerca de cuatro meses que podría terminar con su contratación para la próxima temporada en el caso de convencer a los técnicos del equipo lisboeta.

El internacional colombiano sub-20 llegó ayer a la capital portuguesa después de abandonar el equipo italiano del Lazio debido a problemas en el pago de su ficha. (translated means he abondoned Lazio bcause of problems with payment of his transfer, really bumed too because he is an amazing keeper and all Lazios goalies r so old, he could have been a starter when the 2 40+ year olds retired..... it wasnt to be tho)

Arenas puede convertirse así en el tercer colombiano en el campeonato luso, en el que ya participan Néstor Álvarez (Académica) y Wason Rentería (Oporto).

16. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Libis Arenas News & Comment

Ok this kid was super promising and was our youth goalie for ever but his little trips around europe have done him no good. He should have been #2 in the Copa sudamericana. Any way he left lazio because they didnt pay for him which sucks because their keeper retired and then went to Sporting lisbon on loan and dropped off the face of the earth. Now Sportings/Portugal #1 keeper has gone to real betis. Hopefully this is good news for Libis as this kid really needs to play or come back to colombia as soon as possible because I dont want him to lose what he had. With Neko,Landurrazi, Ospina and Libis think we are good on keeper department for a good 10 years :)

17. minus

minus Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2004
    Portugal
    Club:
    Junior Barranquilla
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It seems that he is a back in Colombia? Can any one confirmed this? It also says that he is on loan from Lazio to Envigado. I guess he still belongs to Lazio?

18. padrino187

padrino187 New Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Brescia-Italy
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    La Lazio nunca ha pagado nada por Libis

19. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    its time to give up on this kid... he f'd up by going to europe too soon. Ospina didnt and look how well it worked for him. We have Brayn and NEko and alot others this kid is going to get lost. They are going to start sending him to 3rd division teams and is going to end up in colombia in 2-3 years playing in the 2nd divison.

look he is the same as rodagella. Amazing because the 2005 sub 20 was the best Colombian team ever. The players were so good taht they made every player amazing but in truth some of them just arent good like Rodagella which we all seen, and Libis. In the 2007 sub 20 this kid was awful, he stopped everything but left 10 rebounds each time. B4 with the 2005 sub 20 they fixed his mistakes but the crappy one we had in 2007 just couldnt and we saw him for what he was.

look I talk to the Sporting fans and they say he is on their Junior squad.... so his chances of staying are very minimal.

20. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Re: Colombians abroad 2007/2008

WEre in the World IS LIBIS ARENAS !!! This kid NO ONE KNOWS WERE he is. Went to Lazio then Sporting Lisbon and now ????? They say he is in Colombia but wouldnt we already know that???:mad:[/quote]

esta ne el spòrting de lisboa el cual vendio a su arquero titular ricardo aklk betis........tras esta venta puede llegar a la titular

21. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

esta ne el spòrting de lisboa el cual vendio a su arquero titular ricardo aklk betis........tras esta venta puede llegar a la titular[/QUOTE]

he is not going to be the started for Sporting.... go on the portugese forums no one has heard of the kid and said he was there in Feb and was training with their Junior squad.... he wasnt even the #2 goalie for them no way he is going to be their #1, also they bought Serbias #1 keeper to replace Ricardo

22. danieldionisi

danieldionisi New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    BuenosAires-Argentin

he is not going to be the started for Sporting.... go on the portugese forums no one has heard of the kid and said he was there in Feb and was training with their Junior squad.... he wasnt even the #2 goalie for them no way he is going to be their #1, also they bought Serbias #1 keeper to replace Ricardo[/quote]

Busqué en la web en todas las divisiones del Sporting y por ningun lado veo a Libis Arenas :mad: , si me podes mostrar exactamente donde está te lo agradezco.

23. danieldionisi

danieldionisi New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    BuenosAires-Argentin

most important
    Libis Arenas - Lazio(??? where is he, was our sub 20 goalie) He not have team, Envigado is the owner, but at this moment not play at any team.

John Livinton Ocorò – Inter Milan (juveniles, italy wanted him for their sub 17 and then never was heard from again) I try to find some info. about this boy about 1 month ago, and nothing, in the inter´s web page not appears in youth squads:confused:

Darley Mena - Danubio (Was going to bologna in the 2nd division in italy, havent heard his name since, was like 2 months ago) This is all i have about Daley Mena: http://www.possofutbol.com/jugadores/index.php?Id=150
    http://www.possofutbol.com/historial/index.php?ItemId=150&Id=607 stay on Danubio at this moment.

if u have time
    last found in italy
    Iván Lozano - Udinese (juveniles) ( no clue saw them on a list last yr)? Nothing...

Antony Gil - Udinese (juveniles) ( no clue saw them on a list last yr)? Nothing...

William Orejuela Delgado - Venezia ( no clue saw them on a list last yr)? "Caleño, 17 años, 1.80 de estatura, volante creativo, se probará en el AC Venezia de Italia. Formado en la Escuela Sarmiento Lora, ha jugado con América juvenil, estuvo en el Medellín hasta enero y luego pasó al Nuevo Chicago." from El Colombiano.

Alejandro Romero - Venezia ( no clue saw them on a list last yr)? This player is brother of Mauricio Romero, the player who plays in América, Bucaramanaga and Once Caldas. Alejandro play 1 game whit América. But i can´t tell you if he goes to Venezia. Sorry!

Mexico
    Juan Diego González - Santos Laguna? Now is on La Equidad, play 2 games at the moment in 2007.

JUAN DIEGO GONZÁLEZ
    DOB: 22/09/1980
    CITY: Medellín
    WEIGHT: 78 kilos
    HEIGHT: 1,80 mts
    POSITION: Defense
    TEAM: La Equidad
    HISTORY: 1996 to 1999 and 2002 Envigado 11/0
    1999 to 2000 and 2005 Medellín 21/0
    2000 to 2001 Almagro 2/0
    2003 to 2004 Santa Fé 64/0
    2005 to 2006 Once Caldas 24/0
    2006 Santos Laguna 6/0
    2007 to present day La Equidad 2/0

I can help you with some stats from a lot of players, but when they are young, is very hard to me find information. Sorry!

24. crzdcolombian

crzdcolombian Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    Avon,CT
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

thanks for the info yea but Libis Arenas, John Oroco are the 2 more important ones because they seem promising but no one has heard about them in 1 year... did they give up on soccer or something???

Libis must be kicking himself for turning down CSKA Moscow 2 years ago or not stayin in Colombia were he prob be startin keeper for Millos, America or another big team ala like Ospina but that kid blew it

Oroco is just exciting because he is at Inter and a striker :D, hope he pops up soon in some other team because Colombia really needs more strikers

25. danieldionisi

danieldionisi New Member

Apr 5, 2007
    BuenosAires-Argentin

Yeah i know Libis is onw of my favorires young players, but at this moment he disappear..:mad: