Libertadores TV coverage complaints, banter, etc. 2010[R]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by Mosco, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Whats your take on the Velez-Cruzeiro game is Velez defense strong?
    Also were do you live it says Argentina on your location I was just wondering?

2. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: Copa Santander Libertadores 2010 TV schedule

Vélez defense is good compared to the majority of argentine football, definitely beats Estudiantes there.

I live in San Fernando, around 20 miles to the north of Buenos Aires.

In South America they do, but few ones, this week only Católica-Colón and São Paulo-Monterrey, i am not sure but probably in Brazil with SporTV and Globo they show more than that.

3. kalin21

kalin21 Member

May 26, 2009
    TX
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

I dont know why FSE did not show Emelec vs Newells copa libertadores today at 9pm et..they are showing morelia game reprise

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Mexican viewers rather watch teh repeat, which is their target audience in USA, then show another libertadores game that doesnt include mexican teams. Well at least thats how i see it.

5. Cruzifero

Cruzifero Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Nu Jeru
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

********ing assholes that ******** raul orvañanos should cover himself up with a malaria blanket and die... no mexican team has won yet this year in copa why repeat such a disgrace, I'm pissed off right now

6. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    samuel jacobo ...kicked out???

I got the toll free number to bring your opinion and needs for the extra game that FOX espanol is leaving behind, to broadcast the bad jurnalism display that la TRibuNA show is doing at the regular hrs of copa libertadores games.

keep on mind that the cono SUR of the continent gets the nite game or the 3 games of the date, just in the north side they keep the signal and good notes from Niembro and marcelo Benedetti off the air

call 877 235 4070
    email: tribuna@fox.com

be short, decent and non racial and less nationalistic in your opinion to be heard!!!!

last nite they let the velez- corinthians game off for usa/mexican audiences, just to show a bad grp of analists take the main stage - same thing the day before, and it looks that today we will only have 3pm and 6pm games

not the 8 or 9pm game......:mad:

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

to keep the same (as in 2009/08) in both ends of the continent

pls call toll free 877 235 4070
    or
    email: tribuna@fox.com

be short- honest and decent in your opinion, if you want it to count and heve the 3 games or 4 games that fox has on the air daily, the problem is that in usa/mexico, they think we are happy with la tribuna show:(

at the same time they broadcast the 3rd or 4th game of the date in the south side of FOX coverage (UNDER THE direction of Niembro and marcelo Benedetti live on site, not under the tv viewing from estudios with raul ovananos y santiago)

pls post here if you get a response - do it twice for the good of the game!!

8. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Calm down brother:D

9. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

and Everyone thought it was just me :D

The mexican narrators in the Banfield-Morelia game were excellent. They kept it to futbol and they did their homework about Banfield. raul orvañanos is a racist piece of shit. i just love it when he "HAS" to comment a gol for the opposite team. It sounds like he got a dick in his throat instead of that usually "Let take the Alamo" Scream when a mexican club scores!

10. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

no bahhhhhh

no sabian quien era el james rdz...y cuando entro LG rey...estaban mas confundidos que nunca....no conocian medio equipo y solo repetian el nombre de ervitti -el poertero y papelirtos fernandez, tal vez un par de veces mencionaron a ramirez...

eso si , a xillion times mas decentes e inteligentes que OrbaNanos

hoy llame 2 veces...se demora como 4 o 6 rings to ansewr the 877 235 4070

11. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

thats the same guy that used to do the games before Orvañanos got to Fox and all you guys had a thread complaining about him. LOL

que poca memoria tienen

12. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Yes, these mexican announcers need to be changed or do their homework. Thats what really pisses me off. I dont hate mexicans or their league, but the lack of respect these announcers have and their blatent siding with mexicna sides instead of calling it fair? Its annoying. I mean the argentines do it sometimes, but they arent affraid to bite their tongue, and often DO call it fair, and are respectful and know their background info on players, apodos, etc.

Personally out of mexican announcers, I like the guy that calls MLS games on galavision sometimes, he's really funny and comes up with funny nicknames for guys and calls the game well. He's always rambling with his 'talk to me jesus' line and brings the energy lol.

1 person likes this.
  13. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

No it was not.. The guy that everyone complained about before orvananos was samuel jacobo. Everyone knows what happened to that dickhead. The two mexican comm that do the Pre show on some occasions seem knowledgable and well informed. It might have been them.

14. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

same guy as yesterday

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lcet_gzLr0"]YouTube- Chivas vs Boca Jrs. - GOLEADA HISTORICA (libertadores 2005)[/ame]

15. Argentine Futbol

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

I watched that game thru the argentine feed. Usually I just go thru justin tv if I absolutely want to watch a game without mexican com but the guys last night were excellent compared to others.

16. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Mexican Commentators...kicked out???

nunca le paraba bolas a eso!

no se como te diste cuenta:confused:

pero son far superior que el raul orbaNAnos y el tal samuel jabobo, en terminos futbolisticos y de conocimiento de copa Lib

llamaste al toll free number que di?

17. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Re: samuel jacobo ...kicked out???

Sweet ! Thanks for the info efernandez..I just left my message with some lady that answers the phone. I was polite and proper and stated the fact that while the tribunafox show is probably watched more in Mexico and bordering cities, it is still far less important than an international tournament like the Copalib. The lady told me i wasnt the first to complain about this issue..and that it probably wouldnt make a differnce how many people complained seeing as how the show apparently gets a higher viewer rating
    in the U.S than the Copa matches. To which i responded: No chinges la verga pendeja ! :D

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

very polite con la ruka!

yo tambien hable ayer con ella y dijo que lo haria
    faltan mas llamadas- yo le dije que no tenia nada contra:D el show La triBuna, solo que nos dieran lo prometido en tanta propaganda de enero/diciembre: LA COPA LIBERTADORES Y TODOS sus partidos, que la tribuna podia pasar despues o ser la previa al primer juego.....

19. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile

Tambien acabo de llamar y me contesto un tipo de "Tribuna". Le presente mi inquietud, le dije que era inconcevible que el otro dia repitieran el partido de Banfield/Morelia habiendo otro en vivo a esa misma hora. Me dijo que lo unico que podia hacer era informar a produccion.

20. spc3sc

spc3sc Member+

Jul 24, 2008
    Club:
    Sporting Cristal Lima
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Re: Libertadores TV coverage complaints, banter, etc.

Ayer en el partido de Estudiantes - Aurich, Tití Fernández decía que el torneo peruano ya había comenzado y que Aurich le ganó 3-0 al CNI (el torneo comienza mañana) :D

21. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

I am starting to think that the whole deal for the refs is to give the underdog teams a red card so that way the the bigger clubs have a chance, why so many red cards it makes no scense some of these players didn't do anything less than a harmless foul. Makes me wonder when Chivas enters this tournament if the refs are gonna screw them over on purpose scince their are a good number of Mexican clubs participating in this event. Just a conspiracy

22. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands

When Chivas enters, there will be only one other Mexican team. That doesn't seem like too many.

23. zasal911

zasal911 Member

Sep 1, 2000

usually lawsuits, or threats thereof, are the most effective way of doing things. if they really have promised to show all the games, they're in breach of contract if they don't....just saying

24. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

I just dont understand how foxsports can allow this...i mean, they can rerun the stupid crap all they like the way they do with every other show..but why cant they just show the Copa matches live ?
    Whats the big deal ?

25. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

did you call- just to see what is the answer to your concerns?

I want to see the programming for next week and call again with more details---

pls post here if you call 877 235 4070