Liberal Media Not Covering War!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by IntheNet, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    1) he continues the lie... unless

2) ... he meant to type "My Catechism" and our argument.

2. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did I spell them correctly?

Your spelling smack screams of desperation. Desperately trying to deflect the truth of your lies regarding your Catholic faith.

Riiiight. If you wanted to win you would have told me that instead of hail mary I should have used the correct name of the prayer, The Angelical Salutation. Or that the our father is really The Lord's Prayer.

3. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Well, congratulations on your spelling. But when I see what you write here, and that you have a picture of the pope as avatar, I am glad that my grandfather (who was a convinced catholic) can't read your posts. It would have hurt him.

Anyway... so why exactly is it that the IRA aren't terrorists?

4. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got you there pal! You see...It is only God who decides my fate, not you or anyone else wearing human clothes! I have a good sense my place in Heaven is assured already and I'm not in some desperate competition with BigSoccer posters on premium seating at Heaven's Stadium! Surprised you didn't know that!

btw.. It is only sometimes refered to as the "Angelical Salutation," arising from its initial words in Latin... Pull out some other trivia smack to catch me on....this is fun!

5. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, a lot of thread are getting hijacked these days.

6. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Sorry, that's partly my fault.

But then again when I asked about ItN and IRA terrorists I also asked if CNN are considered liberal. Are they?

7. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is pure classic.

Well it's proper name is the Angelical Salutation, but it is referred to as the hail mary. It's not sometimes referred as you claim.

8. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To some extent they are. People used to joke and call it the Clinton News Network.

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    IRA as terrorists is a bit extreme. They were not exactly terrorists persay, but I would call them independence officers. :D

CNN is not exactly far enough left to be considered liberal, but it is getting there.

10. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    True, but a lot of those people also said that Clinton was a liberal, so what do they know?

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Right. We disagree about the IRA. Anybody whose political agenda includes inciting terror by bombing and killing people is a terrorist in my book.

And I guess we could argue for ages about the definition of liberal. In Germany, the liberal party are actually conservative... very confusing. From what I've seen from CNN I wouldn't call it leftist though.. but sounds like we have a different coordinate system over here.

12. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    why not? Did they bomb people in a friendly way?

Which these were not terrorist acts?

1971: Three British soldiers are killed in a bomb attack in Belfast. [Northern Ireland]

1971: Catholic mother of ten, Jean McConville, is abducted and killed by the Provisional IRA, suspected of informing the British Army of IRA activities. The PIRA would deny any involvement in the killing until the 1990s, when it would acknowledge its action. [Northern Ireland]

21 July 1972: On 'Bloody Friday' 22 bombs kill 9 and seriously injure 130. [Northern Ireland]

4 February 1974: A bomb planted on a coach carrying service personnel and their wives and families explodes as it is travelling along the M62 at Birkenshaw. Twelve people are killed; nine soldiers and the wife and two young sons of one of them. [England]

1974: The Guildford pub bombings kills 5 and injures 182. The motive for the bombing was apparently that the pub attacked was frequented by soldiers.

1974: In the Birmingham Pub Bombings bombs in two pubs kill 19.

1974: In December a bomb explodes on the first floor of Harrods department store in Knightsbridge. Part of the store is gutted but there are no injuries. [England]

1975: The killing of businessman Ross McWhirter, who had offered reward money to people who informed on the IRA. [England]

1976: An IRA bomb kills the newly appointed British ambassador to the Republic of Ireland

22 March 1979 Sir Richard Sykes, British Ambassador to The Netherlands is assasinated in front of his house in The Hague.

1979: A PIRA bomb kills Earl Mountbatten of Burma, the British Queen's first cousin, members of his family and a local child off the Irish coast. On the same day the PIRA kill 18 British soldiers at Narrow Water, near Newry, County Down; in an attack described by the British government as "a classic guerilla attack", they first plant one bomb, which kills 6, and then begin firing with sniper rifles at soldiers sheltered near a nearby gate where a second bomb explodes, killing 12 others.

1981: The PIRA kill Ulster Unionist Party MP Rev Robert Bradford along with the caretaker of a community centre.

10 October 1981: a bomb blast on Ebury Bridge Road in London kills 2 people and injures 39. [England]

26 October 1981: a bomb explodes at a Wimpy Bar in Oxford Street London killing the bomb disposal officer trying to defuse it. [England]

20 July 1982: In Hyde Park, a bomb kills two members of the Household Cavalry performing ceremonial duties in the park. Seven of their horses are also killed. On the same day another device kills seven bandsmen the Royal Green Jackets as it explodes underneath the bandstand in Regents Park as they played music to spectators. [England]

1983: A Harrods department store bomb planted by the PIRA during Christmas shopping season kills six (three police) and wounds 90. [England]

1984: In the Brighton hotel bombing a bomb in the Grand Hotel kills five in a failed attempt to assassinate members of the British cabinet.

1987: In the Enniskillen 'Massacre' the IRA bombing of a Remembrance Day parade kills eleven civilians and injures sixty-three.

1989: Ten Royal Marine bandsmen are killed and 22 injured in the bombing of their base in Deal in Kent. [England]

1990: Car bombings in Northern Ireland kill seven and wound 37. [Northern Ireland]

27 May 1990: Two Australian tourists shot dead in Holland, having been mistaken for off-duty British soldiers.

30 July 1990 Ian Gow MP is killed when a device explodes under his car as he is leaving his home. [England]

1990: A British Army Artillery officer is killed by the IRA in Dortmund in the then West Germany.

18 February 1991: A bomb explodes at Victoria Station. One man is killed and 38 people injured. [England]

1991: Mortar attack on members of the British Cabinet and the Prime Minister, John Major in Cabinet session at Number 10 Downing Street at the height of a huge security clampdown amid the Gulf War is launched by the IRA. [England]

1991: Two PIRA members are killed in St Albans when their bomb detonates prematurely. [England]

28 February 1992: A bomb explodes at London Bridge railway station injuring 29 people. [England]

10 April 1992: A large bomb explodes in St Mary Axe in the City of London killing three people and injuring 91. Many buildings are heavily damaged and the Baltic Exchange is completely destroyed. [England]

12 October 1992: A device explodes in the gents' toilet of the Sussex Arms public house in Covent Garden killing one person and injuring four others. [England]

1992: Eight builders are killed by an IRA bomb on their way to work at an army base near Omagh. [Northern Ireland]

1993: Two PIRA bombs at opposite ends of a shopping street in Warrington, timed to go off within minutes of each other, kill two children. [England]

1993: The PIRA detonates a huge truck bomb in the City of London at Bishopsgate, which kills two and causes around £350m of damage, including the near destruction of St Ethelburga's Bishopsgate. [England]

1993: A bomb at a fish and chip shop underneath a UDA office on the Protestant Shankill Road in Belfast detonates prematurely, killing ten, including the bomber and two children. [Northern Ireland]

10 February 1996: The IRA ends its 1994 cease-fire, killing two civilians in a bomb adjacent to the South Quay DLR station in London's Docklands. [England]

18 February 1996: An improvised high explosive device detonates prematurely on a bus travelling along Aldwych in central London, killing Edward O'Brien, the IRA operative transporting the device and injuring eight others. [England]

15 June 1996: The PIRA detonates a 3,300 lb (1,500 kg) bomb in Manchester, injuring 206 people and damaging seventy thousand square metres of retail and office space. [England]

7 October 1996: the PIRA kills one soldier and injures 31 people at the British Army's Northern Ireland HQ, Thiepval Barracks. [Northern Ireland]

13. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland
    Just an FYI, it also happens to be ideology. :D

14. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I consider them a type of terrorist hence the smiley face. However, there is a huge difference between the IRA and all the sand people terrorists out there now...motive.

15. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I see, so terrorism is ok depending on the motive?

Please enlighten me on which kind of motive makes blowing up civilians acceptable?

16. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention referred.

17. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    The IRA is white?

18. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Where did I say it was ok? I never did. I just think that the motives of hate and jealousy spewing out of the Arabs is much different than the IRA battling the British blockheads for independence.

19. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    So all the dead civilians courtesy of the IRA were just collateral damage?

20. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I complimented Jacen on his nifty catch on ideology and your callout of referred is noted for posterity. Regrets! But for one so high on his Christian horse as you Dante, to condemn others for their lack of piousness, yet for you to misplace a consonant and two vowels on Catholicism, well, let's just say, I stand corrected but nonetheless validated. You might give Dr. Wanky less notice on his thesis, as it is wrong, but I end mine here... finis.

21. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I had any rep to give out I'd send some positive rep your way, you're just too funny.

22. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Call them whatever you want...

23. RichardL

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    as well as battling the 50% of the country that don't want independence, or did you forget them?

So do you consider them terrosrists or not? I'm confused, because on one hand you say they aren't terrorists, and now you say what they did isn't OK.

So do you consider the actions listed above terrorist actions or not?

24. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    I wonder how you'd respond if an Arab said that dead American civilians in the Pentagon were collateral damage.

25. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    What they did was wrong no doubt. Terrorist is a little extreme, but you are free to call them whatever you like.