LFC's Pennant signing = $$$ for Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Schu419, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    Because he was on his best behaviour with Arsenal when he had one chance left, and he was on his best behaviour with Brum too ?:rolleyes:

2. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    Pennant is more consistent than Joaquin and I'd have Pennanyt over Joaquin anyday to be honest. Joaquin is at times lazy and doesn't even show to matches. Yes Pennant has problems, but unlike Arsenal, Leeds and Birmingham Benitez won't tolerate bad behaviour and one bad move by Pennant he's on his way out. And as the old saying goes "Once you leave Liverpool the only way is down". Just ask Danny Murphy, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler, they'll agree. :D

3. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    Robbie Fowler not quality? what are you on about? He's posessed with bags of talent. You stick him in the 18 yard box with a football and 9x out 10 he'll score. He makes intelligent runs, he intelligent in his link up and build up play. So to say he's not quality is laughable really.

4. Miles Brasher

Miles Brasher Member

Sep 6, 2004
    Coventry,England
    I really like Robbie Fowler, and he's been one of the best strikers the Prem has seen....

...and suggesting he's still the player he was is what's laughable.

I also notice you didn't try to defend Lurch, Pongolle or Mellor

5. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. He even made Birmingham's useless forwards look better with some quality crosses. I think he'll be decent at Pool and on his best behavior at first but then about 6 months in he'll start to slip back to his usual stupid antics and we'll see how Rafa deals with it. My guess is that he'll be gone by this time next summer.
    Too funny...you'd probably take Crouch over Henry too, right? ;) :D

6. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England

lol o yea ''cos i forgot,wenger let him get away with murder''

wenger didnt let him get away with his bad behaviour, but everywhere he has gone he hasnt learned his lessons. im sure he'll be a good player for you when he isnt turning up to training drunk, or drink driving, or getting into fights, or when he isnt on lock down.

7. i404

i404 Member

Apr 19, 2006
    .ca - .de - .hr
    you can feel the love in this thread :p

Arsenal have Cygan ;)

8. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    I never said Fowler was still the player he was, but he's shown he's not past it and not a has been. Crouch is a good forward, but he doesn't score bags of goals which is what helps you win games, just as much as linking up play, holding up the ball and assisting goals.

Pongolle has potential but I don't hold much hope, Mellor simple isn't good enough.

9. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    I like relaible players. Pennant is reliable and has shown that week in week out for Birmingham. Joaquin is a fancy player who houses a lot of talent but he's inconsistent. If he's playing well he's amazing, if he's playing bad, then he's shockingly poor.

10. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

If you're so content with Pennant, why are you so worried about convincing Arsenal fans of the same thing?

11. Carragher23

Carragher23 Red Card

May 4, 2005
    I'm not I just think you threw away a good player, who will be a great player at some stage in his career. I can see your reasons for disliking him and the reasons for Wenger not giving him a chance, but I think you'll regret it.

12. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. As someone that was a big Pennant fan and always hoped he'd get his head on straight, I think you'll regret it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I look forward to seeing you return to this thread in a year when we might know who was right. I'll be sure to bump it after his next arrest. :D

13. SLO-Gunner

SLO-Gunner New Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Baltimore

I'm not saying he won't become a good/great player...it's just that it was clear that he wasn't going to be that good/great player at Arsenal so in essence we didn't throw him away.

14. GoonerMan

GoonerMan New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Essex,England
    you could be the next minister of 'mis'-information for iraq!

[​IMG]

''yes its ok, its ok, jermaine pennant IS reliable

15. Aussie_gunner_14

Aussie_gunner_14 New Member

Jan 3, 2006
    Adelaide
    Nice GoonerMan...

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well put. Pennant is a player who plays for the cash not for the love of the game.