Lewis and Feilhaber. Derby v. Newcastle 9/17 (R)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by ossieend, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite

Please tell me you're joking. :D

2. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    FT
    1-0 Derby..

3. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    no.. I'll rewatch in on DVR and do a little pbp.. it was the classiest 10 seonds of the game..

4. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My stream didn't stop on TVAnts. Benny had a few nice touches and played a nice ball that almost created a scoring chance.

5. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was definitely a classy little sequence.

6. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    man, why did I have kids? and ones that head off to college and need crap, right at the end of a game. No idea what happened.:(

7. Soccernova78

Soccernova78 Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Beyond The Infinite

Wonderful :rolleyes:. Benny comes on, my stream goes out and he plays brillant soccer.

8. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Does Feilhaber get credited with a save?

9. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    He exudes class. Watching him live in his short substitute appearance against Canada in the Gold Cup and it was abundantly clear that he he has something. He's like a more offensive minded Claudio Reyna, replete with a cannon for a shot.

10. flux82

flux82 Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Mississippi
    That is a huge three points for Derby. And Benny got his debut. And Eddie went 87. Sweet!!!

11. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a very nice pass into space.

12. DLee

DLee Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Was it better than the Dempsey "backheel" from last season?!? I don't see how it could be.

13. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    was it as sweet as Dempsey's legendary backheel last season?

14. wooglin12

wooglin12 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    any video for us?

15. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    I haven't seen it, but to become memorable, Feilhaber's pass will need it's own name. How about 'space pass?' :D

16. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Benny's 10 seconds of class pbp..

90'
    Derby def clear the ball to the LM who one touches to Benny.. Benny backheels then sprints forward for the return ball, Pearson actually "intercepts" the ball plays it further up field to the LM who holds it up and plays it back to Benny.. Benny then sweetly drags it away from a defender, passes it back to the LM who one touches it back to Benny who then sends a beautifully weighted ball for the attacking LB (to the top of the 18).. Said LB has a slightly bad first touch, then has his shot blocked, for a throw-in..

I think the LM was McEveley, who showed some very good touches in limited time..

17. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    THis was my exact first thought, but it wasn't as dramatic for some reason.

18. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute. This makes it sound as if Benny isn't a purely destructive mid the way Hardworkin' Bob uses him. That can't be right. Can it?

Glad to see him get his feet wet. Here's hoping he shows well enough to get some starts before too long.

19. odsum5387

odsum5387 Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH jeez, i knew I shouldn't have commented on the nice little sequence. It's the beginning of another Dempsey situation on BS already.

20. 60611

60611 Member+

Jan 23, 2007
    Chicago
    Perhaps, but its only natural to get excited over our young talents' first touches in the EPL (and Benny and Clint are very entertaining guys to watch). Hell, noone even commented on Deuce's sweet, penetrative backheel against Wigan this weekend.

21. the_mighty_rams

the_mighty_rams New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    near Avebury
    Nevermind Benny, how did Eddie do? ;)

22. Plan B

Plan B New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Chicago
    ha, I did not, but I don't think we need to provide links to prove that Donovan's talent is not at Henry or Zidane's level :p

p.s. congrats to Benny...and how did Eddie do?

23. Dynamo Kev

Dynamo Kev Member

Oct 24, 2000
    Eddie looked like one of those old men in a pick-up basketball game.. lots of funny little poking and pulling going on.. he's a bit crafty in his old age..
    sent in a couple nice balls, but really, he probably shouldn't be starting for a EPL side at this point..

24. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A cog in the RoboBob machine follows the program. And RoboBob likes destruction, not creation. :p
    Benny is a classy young player, and unless injury or dim, rigid, USMNT managers get to him he has the potential to be one of our best national players for a long time.

25. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. His crossing, free kicking, is still excellent. But he doesn't have the speed and stamina needed anymore. Over a long season, I suspect his best role would be as "super sub" for 25-35 minute second half spells.