Levy having a bit of trouble

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by chriswalk27, Jan 20, 2004.

1. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
  2. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What makes me laugh is that one of the key opponents to the move is David Sullivan, who also happens to be owner of Birmingham City. Talk about a conflict of interest, he really shouldn't be allowed to own shares in another Premiership club, particularly when things like this may occur.

3. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    My eyebrows are furrowed

4. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://www.ananova.com/sport/soccer/story/sm_857992.html?menu=sport.football

Levy won.

Funnily enough I was reading an article in the evening standard today, which said the key figure for Levy to win was going to be Sam Hammam, another club chairman, as he owns a couple of percent in shares. Which in a tight vote was going to be crucial. Hammam is the former owner of Wimbledon and current owner of Cardiff City. Sugar tried to persuade him a few years ago to buy us, but Sam said no and only bought this small piece of the club.

5. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Here's some interesting quotes from Levy:

http://www.itv.com/news/1355195.html

6. chriswalk27

chriswalk27 New Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Dalton Georgia
    It doesn't look all that good for us bringing in anyone before the window closes. I guess we are playing better so I understand but I still think we need that ballwinner in the middle and maybe some backup for defense. Maybe if everyone gets healthy we can make a decent run and try for that last UEFA spot. I just don't think we should give up on this season like Levy and Pleat have done so far.

Chris Walker

7. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
  8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    didn't levy promise a major signing in january though? with all the 'facts' in the papers and people who 'know a guy down the essex road who's sisters, mothers, uncles, best mates, tennis ball' i could be well mistaken.