leverkusen and werder - probability of advancing

Discussion in 'Germany' started by tupak96, Dec 5, 2004.

1. tupak96

tupak96 New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Germany
    i really want at least 2 german teams to get out of the group stages, but i hope both werder an leverkusen can join bayern.
    valencia (at home) must beat bremen 1-0 or by 2 goals to make sure that they advance, and i think that game will end in a draw or a 2-1 result to valencia, meaning bremen will go through.
    the other has leverkusen pitted against dynamo kiev, leverkusen are playing at home, and if they win, they are guaranteed second place, however, if they do not win, they must only match real's score in their game with roma (assuming real dont win, which would make them second.)

what do u think of werder and leverkusen's chances of progressing to the knock-out stages of the cl?

2. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think Leverkusen will win comfortably and Bremen should be able to keep the margin down if they play like they did at the weekend and will also advance due to their strike force of Klose,Klasnic and now Charisteas being in great form.They are bound to score a goal or 2 so as long as they defend wisely they will go through.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Both teams have it in their own hands with Werder having the more difficult task.
    Leverkusen were absoultely atrocious on Saturday against Wolfsburg so beating Kiev will be no easy task for them.
    Werder were absolutely devasting on Saturday which is unusual as previously they have a habit of going into their Champions League week off a poor display.

I hope that Real Madrid end up in the UEFA Cup, would be hilarious.

4. Tai Ga Wutz

Tai Ga Wutz New Member

Jun 4, 2002
    Leverkusen's situation is a little bit like sometime late last century in CL when they were too inept to get a win at home against Maribor, which would've been enough. Though, they didn't score. Ball was in their hands all evening (proverbially), and they took corners left and right but Maribor goalie was good and Leverkusen attacks to unimaginative or careless when they somehow got in position. Beneficiary then was... Kiev. Tummy says history repeats.

5. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    You know, some peole call them "Loserkusen", it would be typical for them not to advance today.

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They are also know as "NeverKusen" after they made 3 finals and lost them all...never to win the titles.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I would say the chances are pretty good, how about all of you?

8. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    Actually it was Valdez who did it this time. It's amazing how fast he can adapt to the game when he comes in. The "Golf-play-celebration" was pretty funny.
    I loved his second goal which he scored right after he got fouled pretty bad and had to take a couple of hits by the Valencia players.

9. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    Yes, I enjoyed that one. It was like a second slap in the face for Valoserencia.