level of play in usa

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by redalert101, Mar 14, 2004.

1. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    how does the level of the youth teams in usa compare to other countries. the trainer from some of the local travel teams is from poland and used to play for the arsenal reserves and some other teams. he said that the players back in poland are much better than the players here. i asked him how my cousin who plays for blackwatch in tampa would rate there and he said average or maybe below average. im noy sure i believe him.

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey man. where u from in FL?
    anyhoo i graduated from western high school who is a school who always wins districts, does well in regionals, made states like 3 times in the last 6 yrs i think, and has been top 25-50 a couple of times in the last few yrs. i also regularly play with kids from cypress bay who made state finals this yr and i see kids play from other schools such as sunset who was #1 in the coutnry this yr.
    anyhoo, last september i went to ecuador for like 3 months n played soccer almost daily, the level of play there is much better than what i see here.

3. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    im just north of tampa. anyway that really sucks bcause tampa has some of the best players in the country. that really brings me down

4. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida
    how old is your cousin?i play around tampa but not for blackwatch but we play them saturday.

5. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does it? At least from a Texas and Southern California perspective, Blackwatch is just barely a blip on the youth soccer radar compared to the likes of Delco, La Jolla Nomads, Dallas Texans, CASL Elite, Irvine Strikers, and Chicago Sockers.

Whatever foreign coaches like to say about skill levels, youth teams in the US tend to be competitive with teams from other countries through U-17 or so. It's college soccer that hurts the level of play in the US at senior level.

6. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    hes 15his names nick sarabalis

7. beckham237

beckham237 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    lakeland florida
    does he play for the u 15s or 16s?i think i might play him this weekend.yhe name sounds familiar to me.

8. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    i didnt say theyre all from tampa but i know there are a coupleof kids from here that are going places. one kid that was on blackwatch last year has a chance to go to england. also i meant all of florida not just tampa my bad.

9. ghazi

ghazi Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Chicago
    . .. ask the coach what he thinks of the National Polish and USA team now. . . :D

10. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    true oh so true