Letting You Know About The BSML

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Pavel_Patton, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Pavel_Patton

Pavel_Patton New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Randalstown
    My local league (the Ballymena Saturday Morning League), is pretty obscure even in terms of the towns that the teams come from. To help this I've created a league forum; with areas specifically for each club.

Anyone interested; plays in the league; know's what I'm on about at all. Please feel free to add your voice and help the forum grow and create interest in the league. At the minute it's only starting off, and has only a few members from some of the teams.

The address is BSML Forum

The idea is to link all the clubs and fans of the clubs together and give them somewhere to chat about news, scores and anything else.

The only websites on the net about the league are
    Inver Athletic
    Braid United
    WestEnd Athletic
    And my site about my local club Randalstown Sky Blues

2. Gordon EF

Gordon EF Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Edinburgh
    That looks like a great wee league and site. Did you just set up the whole thing?

I wish there was something like that up here.:(

3. Pavel_Patton

Pavel_Patton New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Randalstown
    Only the Randalstown websites (Reds one will be up soon; still working on the SkyBlues one) and the BSML forum are my handywork. All the other ones are the hard work of fellow fans like myself.

I take it your Scottish? If not sorry for the mistake. We've (The Reds) got a lethally fast wee goalie called "Cas"; Alec McKay. He'd be up from your direction.

What kind of league are you on about? Scottish Saturday Morning? Maybe we could collaborate in the future on something. The potential for a massive online community serving the unknown grass roots football leagues is pretty good in my eye. All it takes is letting people know. At the minute all the clubs that I've talked to in the BSML have been pretty excited about the chance to talk somewhere to other clubs and fans about scores and such. It's just getting it off it's feet; that's the hard part.

My aim is to have roughly 10-20 members from each club, that works out as an online forum of maybe 600-800 people. It would create an amazing community. I'll be talking to the chairman of the league soon about gathering all the clubs together to let them know about the forum.

If you'd want to work on a forum for your local leagues sometime in the future; I would be happy to help out; make one big N. I // Scotland football connection.

4. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    I've often thought about doing something along similar lines to foster the adult football leagues in the midwestern USA. I think it is a fabulous idea. As they say over on the South Side of Chicago, "You go Boy!!"

5. CW1980

CW1980 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Belfast
    Good work, Pavel, long may it continue.

The Ballymena area is a hotbed for talented footballers, such as Chris Baird (from Rasharkin, I believe) and big Colin "Howling Mad" Murdock.

6. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    nigel worthington ;)