Letter from Oliver Luck to TA

Discussion in 'Houston Supporters Clubs' started by FuBoy, Jul 23, 2008.

1. FuBoy

FuBoy Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Houston, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just passing on some information - I think the letter applies to all Dynamo fans.

2. Gregmeister

Gregmeister New Member

May 29, 2007
    Section 213-214
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What a cool gimmick to get their stadium packed....even to the point were they would compare to Mexico's hinchadas.

3. houston_gunner

houston_gunner New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Houston
    hey they gotta do what they gotta do. I guess sending form letters to the SG's is part of their plan :confused:

4. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston
    Yeah, the whole thing seems kinda canned to me.

5. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don´t think they are worried about not having something near to a sell out, they will get a packed stadium, I think they are afraid of being outnumbered.

6. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston Member

Apr 8, 2005
    In your head!
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:
    out # by Pachuca? maybe by EL Tri colors
    But I think the FO wants to show the rest of Americas that we can bring it.

So if everyone waits around and doesn't buy tickets will they give them away ala Pachuca?

7. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don´t care if they have Pachuca jerseys or Monterrey jerseys or El Tri jerseys, Pachuca is capable of getting a lot of Mexicans that still don´t have a love for the Dynamo and that even tough have no loyalties for Pachuca either, they will root for a successful Mexican team.

Being outnumbered by Mexican teams and NT jerseys, not having orange as the predominant colors will not convince many of these fans to take that last step and share some of their loyalty with the Clockwork Orange.

We had a chance with Chivas, but we lost the game, and even tough many here went, "ja ja ja ja ja, you didn´t even get to the 2nd phase", the fact is that they made the same points as us and they defeated our team and had to go to a tie breaker, do you think Chivas fans respect us after SL?

We need to defeat Pachuca and show a great ambiance, we need an orange stadium and probably a couple of thousand new fans will be born.

8. KotWF

KotWF Member

Jun 13, 2003
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah it's canned, but a nice gesture to the supporters groups nonetheless. I have a really good feeling that Dynamo nation is gonna turn out big time for this game next Tuesday... and like the other two times we played Pachuca at home we won't be in any real danger of being outnumbered in our house. If Chivas (this season) and America (last season) couldn't outnumber us... I'm not too worried about the tuzos.

9. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's more about a packed stadium for a semifinal game. There hasn't been a game yet where there were more away fans than Dynamo fans.

The letter's just one of many ways the Dynamo are promoting the event. And at the price of tickets, it's a great game to take a first-timer to a soccer game.

10. Gregmeister

Gregmeister New Member

May 29, 2007
    Section 213-214
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    In all honesty, I hope we are outnumbered....It ain't like the diehard Tuzos are showing up. Just you're average beer bellied supporter who wants to get a chance to see his hometown/mexican team in action. I see these international competitions as an opportunity to show these dudes what MLS has to offer. Maybe even gain the respect of some of them old school peeps. So screw bringing in the brain dead coworker or school mate who will just take up space in the stadium. Besides MannieG will show his fellow Tuzos what were all about.

11. katom

katom New Member

Mar 15, 2007
    stuttgart
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm coming in from Austin for this game (although, that's not really anything new for me!)