Letter from a 6 year old USMNT fan.

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Ikari, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Ikari

Ikari Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Found this off the latest entry from the USA blog:
    Entry #71: June 14, 8:54 p.m. (2:54 p.m. ET)
    Sorry if you've been starved for updates: it's been a rather hectic day here. The media interest continues to be incredible, with everyone gearing up for the Italy game this Saturday. What's been gratifying to hear - along with the coverage of the team, positive or negative - is the amount of support the team is receiving back home. Despite the loss, we continue to have a mailbox full of e-mails offering support for the players and the coach, and telling stories of packed pubs and viewing parties across the country. Here's one e-mail that stuck out:

My son Alex (six years old), who loves soccer and the U.S. MNT, was devastated after the loss. After crying alone for awhile, he apparently sat down and wrote a letter which I found after he went to sleep. He is entering first grade, so he's just learning to spell. Below is what he wrote verbatim.

TO: U.S. Team
    Play good. have fun - it will make yuo play good. From: Alex

Thanks, Alex. Pretty sound advice. And thanks to everyone who has chimed in. We keep reading 'em, so please keep sending 'em.
    <><>

I wonder if Bruce will read the short and sweet letter to the team.

2. VBSoccerFan

VBSoccerFan New Member

May 2, 2006
    Virginia Beach
    The kid's right. From watching and coaching sports of all kinds for over 30 years, I have distilled athletic success into three rules:

1) Play hard
    2) Play smart
    3) Have fun

The team that does those three things will perform at its best. It takes all three.

3. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    Simple....yet brilliant.

4. Pandy Flapjack

Pandy Flapjack The Pompitous of Love

Aug 30, 2003
    Van by the River
    I think Alex wants exactly what we all want - for the USMNT to play with unbridled passion for the game.

5. Wile Coyote

Wile Coyote Red Card

Sep 21, 2000
    Punta del Este, Uru.
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    Here is a letter from LA12 Descontrolada The old "latin Suppoters" of the Now defunct MetroStars..For those that dont know LA12 was the group on the accross The ESC who Shook the club and players and front office down for trips tickets and Money and were all thrown out under Nick S..

Dear USA

PLAY HARD OR ELSE!!

WE DONT CARE IF WE LOSE WE CARE WHEN YOU SHAME YOURSELFS BY ACTING LIKE COWARDS!!! WE ACCEPT A DEFEAT WE CAN ACCEPT A WIN AND A TIE BUT WE WONT ACCEPT 11 COWARDS PLAYING AS IF THEY HAVE NEVER PLAYED INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL B-4!!!!

NOW GO OUT AND DESTROY ITALY NO RESPECT NO FAIR PLAY
    IF WE SEE YOU BEHAVE LIKE COWARDS AGAIN WE WILL SEE YOU ON YOUR QUICK RETURN IN NEWARK Y AHI COBRAN TODOS Y SE PUDRE TODO!!!!!!

6. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California

see BRAZIL!!!!
    i always smile when i see those guys smiling and laughing on the field