Let's Talk Strikers!

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by Blizzard, Apr 12, 2009.

1. toon_army

toon_army New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I know what you mean about the stepovers, all the games i saw him play in he used to do about 6 or 7 stepovers at a time, even when nobody was around him. He does have loads of pace though, and what i couldn't understand when i saw him play was why not do 1 stepover then take it down the line and out sprint the defender or just take a massive touch into the space and run on it because that would have been more effective.

2. Blizzard

Blizzard Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes, very good point.

This year, he seems to be bouncing it off opponants legs when he tries that. I don't know how much time he's going to be seeing this season so who knows if he's going to be able to work these things out.

His speed must be useful for something!!!

3. T red

T red New Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Club:
    RC Lens
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Carver has completely screwed the lad. He has not played him at all and when he does give him a few minutes it when the game is practically over. I have seen where Carver have the lad defending the opposing winger which completely takes him out of position.
    There is no question the lad is talented with loads of pace, and strong,however he can do nothin riding the pine.

4. toon_army

toon_army New Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Club:
    Chicago Fire

Yeah i can understand how since he isn't getting minutes when the game matters and not the last 5 minutes of a won or lost game. I read somewhere that he was meant to be going on trial to a croatian team i believe, so i am guessing that if he doesn't see more minutes with toronto he may head back over to europe if the croatian club was a real source.

5. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lets Talk Strikers

My vote: Kenny Cooper!

6. smenge

smenge New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Cooper is too good for MLS. He is clearly the best striker in the league, and will likely make a good living playing for a Euro team asap.

7. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I was shocked to see him back in Dallas, especially after the league ruled he couldn't be their DP.

8. bad tolz

bad tolz New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kenny made the choice to come over to the MLS. Some players make that choice for various reasons, its not that they do not have other opportunities in Europe.

9. smenge

smenge New Member

Apr 5, 2008
    toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I thought he tried to get out of his contract last season, and is expected to remain hear only until the july transfer window?