Let's talk Feyenoord [results]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by panicfc, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes I am :D, I'm very pesimistic and negative. I believe in Murphy's law, every thing that can go wrong, will go wrong :( (something like that).

Oh and now we only have 50 posts left in our thread :(.

2. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Ohhhh, the new BigSoccer shop is selling Feyenoord's home kit from last season on sale. They say it's from 2004, but the sponsor is wrong ;). I already have one from last season, but I would like to get a green-white kit, but I'll probably have to check Feyenoord's offical website......

3. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    According to Feyenoord.com it looks like Anthony Lurling has been loaned to NAC. Last year we loaned them Elmander and this year it's Lurling. Although they don't have a clause to buy him at the end of the season like Vitesse did so he will be returning to de Kuip. I'm surprised he is allowed to leave after the transfer deadline, but he's already training with NAC.

4. Red Star

Red Star Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Fayetteville, AR
    Like you I am surprised by this timing. I guess that I don't fully understand the transfer window limitations.

I see that our new defender is back in town.

5. shaquille

shaquille New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Nederland
    1 september is the deadline for foreign transfers. Thereafter i think a club can maximally have 2 transfers within the Netherlands.

6. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Interesting, but why would we waste one of our transfers for loaning someone out, we should save them in case we need players like last year bringing in Mtilga.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its two transfers in, plus it saves us salary.

8. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goltv is replaying the Kappa Cup final right now.

9. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    An interesting article about Feyenoord being interested in Trabelsi from Ajax.Link

All I can say is that it's never going to happen, there's no way Feyenoord could come up with enough money to get Ajax to sell him to us. And even if we do offer an enormous sum of money I doubt Ajax will sell him to their rival.

10. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way it happens. No way.

How is school going?

11. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    It's a nice dream though.

School starts tomorrow for me :(. Any new plans on getting to the AZ - Feyenoord match?

12. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not sure about the trip yet. The guys paying for the trip said they'd get back to me later this month.

Tough to plan ahead when they won't give you the itinerary.

13. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    At least you won't have to pay for it, too bad they can't give you a better time frame though.

14. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they let me know in a week or two - have to make arrangements. If they do as they usually do, I pay for my flight, but they reimburse me when I arrive. That works great so I can make my own flight plans.

15. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking at a couple of Icelanders

http://www.footballnl.com/news2004_5/1/news0296.htm

"KR director Siggi Helgasson said: "Our directors have agreed that (Celtic manager) Martin O'Neill can have a look at them. But Feyenoord want them on trial and a lot of other teams have expressed an interest in them, as well""

I met Siggi on a trip to Perugia back in 2002.

16. Red Star

Red Star Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Fayetteville, AR
    So what positions do these men from the land of fire and ice play? Iceland must be the most over represented country in terms of top players compared to population. They all seem like hardworking sensible players.

Besides we could probaly sell ten's of jerseys there. :)

17. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    A good day for our Feyenoord boys playing for their International Teams.

Kuyt was great for the Netherlands, and an old favorite P-Air scored two for them. Shinji Ono scored the second Japanese goal, in a 4-0 victory. Song Chong-gug played for Korea and they won, not too sure how well he played though. Not so good for Smolarek and Poland, they lost to England 1-2. I think it was Ebi, how many other Smolarek's make the Polish National Team? I don't believe he made it on the pitch though.

18. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not sure what to make of this. I just think they are watching him to see his potential, because I doubt he's going any where any time soon.

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.sportbusiness.com/news/index?news_item_id=155598

Not sure if you guys can open this, but we are the first club to sell tickets online.

Top Netherlands football club Feyenoord has welcomed a move from selling tickets over the counter to selling them on-line.

"The changeover, which happened in less than a week, is thanks to the web portal technology already built into its customer relationship management (CRM) solution, Relatis, from Glasgow-based Carnegie Information Systems.

The move makes Feyenoord the first Dutch football club with an e-business channel to its fans."

20. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    That's cool about the tickets, when I go to the website in Dutch I notice that I can buy tickets.

According the website, Hossam Ghaly was suspended for 3 matches for his elbowing incident. This will be interesting because he and Bosschaart make for one tough holding midfield.

21. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got a Dish last week, and they show goals from the N'lands on one show. I am hoping to see a few Feyenoord goals this week.

22. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Getting ESPN Deportes? I think they are showing the Feyenoord - Twente match tomorrow.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't get Deportes. Sucks.

24. Red Star

Red Star Member

Jan 10, 2002
    Fayetteville, AR
    I was pleased by all these reults, did Castelen play at all?

25. shaquille

shaquille New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Nederland
    Castelen played on the left, which is unusual for a mostly right-footed player. His actions were good. He had a few good passes, as well as some that went wrong. However still playing on that place, with good actions and 1 shot, he played sufficient enough to get a rating of 6 or higher.

Kuyt played on the right btw.