Let's talk Feyenoord [results]

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by panicfc, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good point. I think they need to welcome him with open arms, and look to a bigger year with him and Kuyt up front.

2. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Pi-Air says what he thinks and so do the supporters,but don´t take it out of proportion.That´s exactly what certain media want.
    I see a great future for Kuijt.

3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep Dirk is going to enjoy playing for a professional team, with a great supporting cast. He's going to be hell to contend with on that team.

As for P-air, as he gets older and younger players are coming on, it may be time to move him. I bet Baan was hoping to have Kuyt in the fold and then can determine the value of P-Air. Now that he has Dirty Dirk, P-Air's deal is not as crucial.

Baan's a smart guy, and Feyenoord is a well run club.

4. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    A Robin van Persie and Dirk Kuyt pairning should be good for years.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Baan is putting together a very talented team. Still needs a goalkeeper, but is making a long term strong team.

6. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Baan well he did good and bad buys.But looking good for next year.

7. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus he has a few boys doing well at Excelsior as well.

Also heard they unveiled the new kits today.

8. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Looking good,so do Utreg´s.;)

9. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you say that?

Basic red right?

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Cause you first supported them.

11. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But their chairman doesn't email me, nor does their technical director. In fact the FC U chairman never sent me the club's European shirt....another club's chairman did.

:D

The FC U commercial manager does.

12. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Isn´t it about the supporters,forget them directors.

13. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can anyone compare with the Feyenoord supporters?

Strange thing, when Feyenoord won the league a few years back, the US Media showed the riots in the streets. I was pissed off because the same crap happens when a team wins something in the US. Not all the time, but scenes from Detroit in the 80's were the worst ever.

Then in 2000 I was walking in that very same plaza, I had the most vivid images in my head. Almost scary.

I also have some great pictures from visiting the Feyenoord complex, if it was a woman, I'd have been in love.

Remember one thing that I like about Feyenoord is the professionalism, that's something FC U just doesn't have. Feyenoord might be the best run club in the world from top to bottom.

14. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    FC U has great support too.Changing clubs like that doesn´t seem right to me.But it´s up to you.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    I have read your posts and you seem very dissapointed in their management,being a smaller club in Holland,it´s normal not to be too focused on foreign supporters.Feyenoord is a well run club indeed.Both Feyenoord and Utreg are people´s club.
    You might think about what I said I heard the Bunnikside is looking for you.:eek::)

16. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well I only supported FC U for a couple of years. Not like West Ham who I've supported since 1995.

Long story: of course like all Americans we were first exposed to Ajax. The Euro champions team was fun to watch. I didn't care for the Kluivert mess and stuff. Then when John O'Brien went to FC U I started paying attention to them. I made friends with some of their fans, who themselves were converted from PSV and Feyenoord.

I began corresponding with the FC U commericial manager and we chatted about some things. He came out and said "We have no ambition" then he left the club. I came to visit the week after he left, and the FC U front office wasn't exactly receptive to having a Yank in their midst.

Then we went to see Rotterdam. It was like a trip to Mecca. The beautiful stadium, practice facility, mini-stadium, youth set up. I was in heaven.

No one was there except a couple of security guards, but they were so nice to have "American supporters", they showed us what they could and were good guys.

So I started following Feyenoord as my 2nd team for a year or so. Then doing more research on Feyenoord I learned more and more about them that impressed me.

I contacted the club back in October and they have been amazing in their response.

Now, I also know a few supporters from Feyenoord and they keep me up to date on what goes on. My old FC U fans have basically been too busy to follow their own team- and they live in Holland.

With Feyenoord's superior website, great business sense and apparent interest in Yanks, they are the club for me.

I could tell you more, but Freddy Adu is calling.

;)

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem is FC U doesn't have to be a small club, but they have the inferiority complex and they are afraid to step up.

The Bunnikside, great fans, crazy. I'd fit in well with them. Oh, when FC U dropped their English website, that was the final straw. I was pissed off. I still talk to their webmaster, and he just complains as much I do.

18. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    It would be good if the Dutch league got more competitive.FC U could be one of those clubs with some others,but it seems always the traditional top3.

19. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They could have been a big club, but poor decisions lead them to where they are.

I've got to go ride my bike, more later.

20. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another win for Feyenoord.

Scorpio did you go?

21. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Moderators' club??? Can I join??

22. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Nope,to be honest I have seen De Kuip just from the outside a few weeks ago.A friend showed me.Maybe moving closer next season.(or abroad)But that ain´t no excuse of not going.

23. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super Moderators Club to you.....

How far are you away from there? If I lived in the area, I'd be there.

I have to get back to Holland soon.

24. Scorpio

Scorpio Red Card

Aug 10, 2000
    Doetinchem,about 150km.

25. Korea_Fighting

Korea_Fighting Red Card

Jun 17, 2002
    Doetinchem?