Let's Scare the Soccer Moms!!

Discussion in 'Women's Fans and More' started by Anthony, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many of these soccer moms need to lighten up.

For the WWC, if you are attending, get loud, bring flags, point faces, bang drums, blow horns, put up signs, and did I say get loud!

(Though please get a little more creative than the "MIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAA! squeal, I still have nightmares about that!)

If your mom is a soccer mom, make sure to practice a few chants in the mini van on the way over. She will really like that.

For the US-PRK game, I am preparing a "Your Going to the Gulag" chant for whenever a North Korean player screws up.

Oh, and did I say get loud!!

2. LOL.

i suppose that's one of those things that's funny up till it actually happens. but still. :)

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    My mom is an old soccer mom.

4. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    And let's get the Federation to actually give us a section instead of sitting us with suburbanites who want to see a WUSA match ....

5. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said it! In 1999 I was lucky enough that a friend of my wife (who then was just some girl I occasionally went to soccer games with and hung out with) got a big group together for the DC games. It was the looks we got as we chanted, sang and cheered that began my life long obsession with soccer moms!

For the Cowlumbus game next week, I am palnning on throwing confetti at them and saying their name in a mocking tone of voice!

6. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Anthony, I am all set for this one. I've got the following stocked up:
    10 white streamers
    2 red streamers
    2 blue streamers
    2 bags of red balloons
    2 bags of white balloons

Are you going to be in 137? Is that where the USA supporters plan on being? I've heard these stories of what La Norte had to put up w/ at RFK, and they just said *#*#*#*#*# it and moved to the upper deck where the "PLEASE BE QUIET!" soccer moms couldn't hassle them. Stories like that make me sick to my stomch. If there's even an indication that we'll have to deal w/ that in 137 in Columbus, I'm set to move anywhere. You find me w/ your confetti, and whatever else you can buy, and we should have enough paper products to make the quite the mess on national tv;)

7. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normall, my wife is into standing and yelling. Usually not in Sams Army, but elsewhere in the stadium.

But my wife is short and very pregnent, so that is not an option this time. So we got tickets in the upper deck, along the rail. This way we could also hang our flag and maybe a banner ("THIS IS NOT 1966!")

We also figure this is a way to throw the confetti. We recently bought a shredder, and figure we can make our own confetti. Streamers we will buy in Cleveland.

It won't be as fun as in 1999, as we sat with the Choir behind a goal at the Cooke, and chanted funny things in German at the German keeper.

How do you say "You're going to the gulag" in Korean?

8. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    Anthony,

I understand your situation, with the pregnant wife and all(congrats by the way), so I trust that you will do your part from the first row of the upper deck. I've started another thread w/info about bringing bags in. I assume you're bringing bags of confetti, and I would tell you from experience to put the streamers in a plastic bag that can be easily inspected. Things may take a little longer, but since this is a WC, you can understand. I want to implore you to throw most/if not all of your streamers at the conclusion of the national anthem. That way we'll have them coming from different parts of the stadium and it will look better. Streamers are small/cheap so I would get a lot of them, and suggest passing them out to others in/around your section and tell them to throw 'em at the end of the anthem. If you do this is the upper deck, and I do it in 137, it should create a pretty good result. Remember, this is for the YCJ cameras, so don't be shy!:)

9. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    [​IMG]

Here's a good shot of me at work. This is from the US/Paraguay friendly on July 6. I'm at the very bottom of the pic, in the white t-shirt w/ the USA scarf and sunglasses, passing out the streamers to the masses. Every thing went great that day, here was the end result.......

10. gibby

gibby New Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Ohio, USA.
    [​IMG]

MEMO, for 9/28:
    BRING STREAMERS.
    You've been informed.

11. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go get 'em Anthony!

Yes to noise, flags, face paint, drums, signs, and great atmosphere.

But a big NO to those freakin' plastic horns. Please.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Man I hope you come to Dallas on Nov. 2. You are giving me some ideas and I'm standing with Sam's Army that day.

We need some serious chants for that game.