LETS PLAY BALL OR ......?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metz, Oct 6, 2012.

1. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Houston we have a problem.......

If we are serious and want to be a contenders in this play off, Backe and Co. have to fix the defense line, Holgerslush have to disappear, I don't know if play Marquez instead or what, but the true thing is, they have to do something about that if the team want to advance after the first round....

For me the best they can do is a formation of three backs: Barklage, Pearce and Conde,,,, Followed by a Sweeper kind of, by Lade playing at the right side and a little in front of the defenders, but behind our unique Destroyer McCarty. ....In this way, Lade will make when in defense mode the first line of defense after our stopper McCarty but covering the Right side that is the weak side of McCarty, the rest of the line up, could perfectly be filled by Lindpere, Cahill and Lloyd and on attacking Henry and Cooper...

The coach have to instruct Cooper the way to anticipate plays from Henry and Cahill and not only wait for the perfect pass to his feet.... But even believing that attack is the name of the game, with Cooper as a striker that isn't a alternative and we have to go for defense as the weapon that will help us get a better result in this play off....

2. Metrosuccess

Metrosuccess Member

Jan 6, 2000
    NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you saw second half with Rafa and Toast Lade I am sure you see Rafa should not be anywhere near our defense as well as Lade.

3. metz

metz Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Backe with all his army of first class players from Europe is in a big problem because have no body to use on the mid section....Lade is a good player, but Backe ask him to cover from one end to the other the whole side of the field and no body can do that, if he is used like I say a little to the right or left and in front or behind of McCarty will be a different history....
    ...................Gaudette
    Barka......Pearce.....Conde
    ..............................Lade
    ..............McCarty
    or Lade
    Lloyd....Cahill....Lindpere
    ........Cooper....Henry