Lets move on to Newcastle United~

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Sep 23, 2003.

1. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    okay, hearing the bickering back n forth with manyoo supporters is giving me (and im sure all of you) tiredhead... at any rate... we do have a massive match at home on friday~~

i think we will see aliadere, edu, and gallic bob all in the lineup to face the geordies... this game seems to be one where we might trip up as newcastle is DESPERATE for a win and our boys have gone thru this week of allegations/drama ect... does paddy miss this match due to the suspension? is sol going to be back? who plays the midfield vs the toons young/fast attack (jenas, dyer, bowyer, solano, speed, ect)?

really lookin forward to getting back on the trot!!

Phishy

2. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Everywhere I've looked it seems to say that PV4 will miss the Chelsea match. I guess that's due to the FA's timetable, perhaps they have to give a certain amount of notice for a suspension??

I'd like to see Edu and PV4 in the middle for this one, w/ Freddie and Wiltord out wide. Henry up front and DB10 serving him the ball (I haven't lost faith in Dennis yet!).

Sol should be back, so defensively it should be Cole, Toure, Campbell, and Lauren.

I hate to harken back to the "Darkest 10 minutes in Sport", but Lehman really impressed me the way he stood up for his team. He came out straight away and pleaded PV4's case. I know from reading other posts he had a few red cards in Germany, but I like to see a GK with some moxie, you know? He seems like he's pretty fearless back there, and that can only help us in the long run.

Excellent use of the term "tired-head", BTW.

baby arm right back at ya'

3. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    got to love a fellow P-1 coach!

corda snake corda snake

4. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Ugh!! I F-ing HATE the Snake! The Hardline gives me tired-head in the worst way.

I'm more a BaD Radio man, myself. At least soccer gets a mention now and then (Bob's a Scouser), plus you get the "Five Minute Major" everyday.

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like Phishy said, I think Newcastle will come out desperate for a win. Arsenal better not take them lightly. That being said, I expect 3 points when all this is over. Hopefully after Sunday's match against the Scum, this will really light Arsenal up and give the Magpies a thrashing.

Also agree with Coach about Lehmann. I was suprised that he came right out to defend Vieira. That one picture stands out in my mind where you see Lehmann screaming at Bennet while Vieira watches from behind him.

6. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Just play Henry up top, the rest behind the ball, and you'll win easily on counter attacks.

Newcastle still hasn't figured out how to score against bunkering....

this season already gone to hell for the Toon. :(

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jenas is killing me on my fantasy team.