Let's march in TOGETHER on Saturday!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by dfb547490, Aug 12, 2002.

1. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Every time I come to Spartan, there is no group effort to move inside the stadium, people just kind of trickle away from the tailgate and slowly fill up the Casbah section.

What we need to do is, 30-45 minutes before kickoff, get together and march into the stadium as one. We'll be in in time for the warm-ups, we can make our presence known both to our lads and to the enemy.

Who's with me?

Alex

2. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I would be...

...but I'm not going.

Sean

3. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya know, actually this is not a bad idea. It would be pretty cool to see ya'll as a group thumping on your drums chanting on your way to the North side.

4. Ramiros_Soccer_Chica

Jun 10, 2001
    Nor-Cal
    Do it Do it. That'd totally be cool. Very tribal and stuff. I say you Casbah folks should do it, and maybe ESPN will get wind of what's happening and film it.

TRANSFORM
    MARI

5. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can I just say, that I have done it before -- for USA games, not for Clash/Quake games -- and it feels ridiculous, when 20 or so Sam's Army people are marching into a stadium with 5000 or so Costa Rican fans and 15000 totally silent USA fans.
    Alex, this was before your time -- the USA-Costa Rica qualifiers in 1996 and 1997 at Stanford and Portland.

I notice that the people saying "do it" aren't in the Casbah. Why don't you join us, just for the march? It will certainly feel less ridiculous with more people.

Regardless, I will most likely still be cleaning up and putting stuff away at the tailgate so I probably won't have to participate in this.

6. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I'm in the Casbah.

Sean

7. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wasn't referring to you, and besides, you're not going to be at the game, right?

8. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    I said do it. Kind of.

Sean

9. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bill, I see your point. But remember you are at home and most all the fans are QUAKES fans, so what's the difference if you're making noise in your seats or making noise on the way. People look at you guys, they pay attention, and probably wish they had the balls the join you. Try not to project your "feeling redilucous" feelings onto the other fans because either they could care-less or are really appreciative of you guys...you do a nice job.

I personally would walk behind you guys, but sadly, I'm unable to make the game on Saturday due to a tournament in Tracy. Maybe next time? Pull in people on your way...it could be fun.

10. Ramiros_Soccer_Chica

Jun 10, 2001
    Nor-Cal
    I'm not in the Casbah..correct...I'd do it though..without hesitation.I do own a whistle and a batton and can be like the person in front..i'll "toot my own horn"...haha...

TRANSFORM
    MARI

11. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    But if there's 20 this week, maybe there will be 30 next week, 40 the week after that, 50 the week after that, and by then I doubt you'd feel ridiculous. It all has to start somewhere...

Alex

12. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alex is right. It does have to start somewhere. I'm in, if I can get some help cleaning up the tailgate and putting everything away.

13. Waldo41

Waldo41 New Member

Oct 22, 2001
    San Jose
    blah, blah, blah, blah and a bit more blah.

14. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the spirit ;)

Seriously, do it. You don't need to leave the tailgate that early. 20 minutes is good; you can hit the can, grab a brew, and stand for the anthem. Any opportunity to make noise should be siezed...

and pretty soon they'll think it's a Movement. And that's what it is, friends, the Alice's Restaurant Massacre Movement...

Some big things start small. Act like the defending champs. It's good to be the king.

dadman

15. Richter Boy

Richter Boy New Member

Mar 1, 2000
    Soulard, STL
    I think you should all goose step in. I mean agoos step.

16. ilovesjquakes13

ilovesjquakes13 New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Los Gatos/San Jose
    Here is a hint about getting your march public; go in through the North End. It will be open on Saturday and it is where all of the media people hang out. There was even a Veronica sighting on April 6th (for all of you that love her). The ESPN will probably be out talking to fans, like they did the last time the Quakes were on Soccer Saturday. This is just a bit of information to help you succeed on your march.

17. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If I was there I would laugh so hard while watching this spectacle.

Go for it!!!!

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This idea may have to wait until next Saturday.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G