Lets Make Sure Parkhurst Gets ROY!!!

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by IRguy, Sep 27, 2005.

1. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The mlsnets awards tracker is showing Parkhurst as #2 behind Scott Sealy who has not scored a goal in 5 games!! I know it's unofficial, but I’m pretty sure they take the feed back in consideration. So i think it would be good if those of us who feel he should win it take the time to email mlsnet and tell him that.

Email: awards@mlsnet.com

Site:http://www.mlsnet.com/MLS/mls/awards/2005/index.jsp?award=rookie

2. forum168

forum168 New Member

Apr 2, 2005
    I put in my two cents. Not voting for Parkhurst would be a crime against humanity.

3. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    They said a few weeks ago if Sealy stopped scoring he'd lose the top spot, so why hasn't he?

4. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what i don't understand is how Sealy has a "down" arrow next to his name, yet he's still number 1

5. goussoccer

goussoccer Member+

May 23, 2001
    Avon, CT
    Here's the note I sent:

It is always difficult to measure the impact of a forward versus a defender. A forward scoring is so much more direct than a defender thwarting a scoring chance. However, in the discussion of ROY, Michael Parkhurst should be considered well ahead of Scott Sealy.

Parkhurst has played almost 1,000 more minutes than Scott Sealy - the equivalent of over 10 full games! He has led a defense which, except for DC (which has played one less game), leads, by far, in letting up the least goals. He is anchoring a defensive line that includes Jay Heaps and Joe Franchino - two good defenders, but not ones usually placed in 'All-Star' status. His play in the pre-season allowed Steve Nicol, arguably one of the better defenders of his time, to release Carlos Llamosa and play a rookie instead. While Sealy has been scoring a lot of goals, it is quite clear that Parkhurst has been a more valuable player for his team, and has helped lead that team to the best record in the East and maybe all of MLS. (Achieving, at this point, 55 points in the East is by far a much tougher job than scoring 57 points in the West.)

6. IRguy

IRguy Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Vermont
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He must have been way up there in their mineds.

7. SJB

SJB BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2001
    Anyone who needs good materialon this debate should visit the Crew boards theads from about the time Dempsey beat out Marshall for the RotY last year, copy and paste to taste.

Of course, this is completly different... ;)

8. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suggest you don't visit the Crew Baord unless you like reading the material that you often see written on public bathroom walls. :rolleyes:

9. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cause, you know, Parkhurst's back line gave up a 5-spot last week? Yeah, that's not a great accomplishment for a ROTY wannabe.

10. Crewbasher

Crewbasher Member

Jul 7, 1999
    The Enemy Base
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wondering, b/c I frankly can't remember... was that 5-5 game between the Mutts and San Jose last year? B/c if so, then that didn't seem to harm Jeff Parke's RotY chances early on. Then, of course, the Metros' midfield decided to shut it down after the All-Star game, and Parke was dead to rights, but oh well...

Of course, if I remembered it incorrectly, then my argument is irrelevant. So carry on with the discussion.

11. congo2

congo2 New Member

Jan 31, 2005
    either way it goes, Sealy or Parky, it goes to a demon deacon...... :D

12. Biker Jim

Biker Jim Member

Apr 15, 2000
    Newton, MA
    Here's what I sent:

Sure the Revs have a good midfield, but I look to Parkhurst as the one who has made the difference to the team’s defense. He’s provided such a sense of calm and competence in the center that it’s helped Jay Heaps stay focused and effective. Even more remarkably, it’s as if his presence has helped Franchino run a little faster. Instead of being liabilities in a porous back three, Heaps and Franchino have suddenly become effective components in a great back three.

It’s been a remarkable season for someone so young, especially as he gets the job done by excellent judgment, not by fantastic physical gifts.

13. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    1 bad game and he's recovered nicely since then.

And Sealy hasn't scored or registered an assist in over a month (5 games), not a great accomplisment for a ROTY wannabe I'd say.

14. Sean Donahue

Sean Donahue Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Massachusetts
    Sealy was benched yesterday and came on and went scoreless in the last 19 minutes.

15. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SO the guy can't even start for a team desperate to keep their playoff heads above water... :rolleyes:

16. usasocer

usasocer New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    any way rolfe passes both parkhurst and sealy, given sealy doesn't score any more goals? Is sealy with T&T this weekend?

17. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parkhurst is the only rookie to play every minute of every game this year, 1 of only 5 people in the league to do so

18. jrkumor

jrkumor New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    H2O-Town, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know what time that actually will announce this today?