Lets Go Storm

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Capt. Chaos, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

Chicago Fire & Reno 1868 FC
    United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Way out in the land of the setting sun
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I finally want a forum dedicated solely for Storm info and such before I get a website and myspace up. (please bash any BS in another topic please)

This season is going to be interesting and we will already have more fans at the home opener than at any storm game in history. Pretty much tickets in the upper bowl have already been selling, so this season looks to be promising.

CALLING ALL STORM FANS! Since I am goign to put up a website for the supporters group and a myspace, will anyone wanna help out? I would like maybe game recaps, some articles, just ideas first however. PM me or just post right here.

take care for now

2. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Than we are taking a crowd near 5000 because the biggest crowd in Storm history was 4700 on Frank Klopas bobble head night in season # 1 . Good to hear.

3. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    well, remember that 4,700 was embellished, unlike last seasons crowd numbers. I think many knew there was never 4,700 when all the bobbleheads were not given away. The number was more in the range of 2800-3100.

I also want from storm fans, if any of you have any flag or banner designs (can be toward a certain player aswell, thats not bad like the mexican fans did in year one on the bed sheet for Byron and Jorge) to send to me and I can check those out to see if we can make um or not. I think proper decoration of the stadium is needed, for intimidation and to please us, since we are the best of the best.

Also, does anyone know where i can get a cheap domain name and cheap hosting service. And what I mean is really dirt cheap cause I dont have much money, but still a host that has good bandwith and space. We will want everyone to go there aswell as the Storm site for info.

I love that the Fire season is going so well as of late and what everything with the USOC, but after speakiing with the entire FO and others at the Dance team tryouts, I feel so giddy for this upcoming Storm season.

4. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.

What does that mean numbers-wise, Capt.?? Sounds like good news.

BTW, does Pudgy go to the games? ;)

5. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs
    Considering I live 5 miles North of the Sears Centre, I will be at many games this year. I already have season tickets for the Hounds, and most likely the Shamrox as well.

This will be my first time seeing the Storm. I absolutely refused to go to UIC for games.

6. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    Just too hard to get to from the suburbs? Just wondering.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Having come from the suburbs to UIC for every game the last two years, I can tell you that on Sunday afternoons, at least, it couldn't have been easier.

Friday nights - very difficult, just from the standpoint of traffic on 290.

8. greystreet15

greystreet15 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL, USA
  9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am looking foward to the new season and was the second person to sign up for season tickets. I think Morris will be a good coach. I wonder what kind of contract the storm got with sears centre and how much they will have to draw to break even.
    I don't know if Steve (pudgy) De Rose will make all games at the sears centre as he did at UIC. I don't think he is crazy about the move from downtown chicago.

10. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Attendence for Home Opener: There are already thousands of group tickets sold...this is not counting season tickets which well is already better than last years number....I think it was like 50 and year one of what...8?

MISL officials are in Chicago today. There might be a possible release of the schedule sometime in the next couple days. All i know is that opening weekend, plan on a road trip...DUH since our home opener is on Nov. 19th.

Pudgy did go to games. I dont know if it is out of his range to travel to the NW burbs.

For anyone that didn't go to the dance tryouts for the "Storm Chasers", there as a low turnout of girls, but was told there will be another tryout sometime in the coming weeks, so check the storm site for that.

11. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs

I 290 is a complete pain in the ass any other day than a Sunday. Secondly, I have played there and just hate that arena.

12. greystreet15

greystreet15 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL, USA

Were they hot? Quality not quantity my friend

13. greystreet15

greystreet15 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Hopefully they will have all of the home games Saturday/Sunday to avoid traffic on I-290 and I-90. This is a big move (37.7 miles from Pavilion to Sears Centre according to Yahoo Maps) and it sucks for people like me who were in the city and had a short commute to UIC.

I was a season ticket holder the first two years, but most likely will not renew because of the move.

Glad to hear that they have a big presale for the opener and are expecting large crowds. The Storm may outdraw the Blackhawks this year (Not Counting the Detroit Red Wings games)

14. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs

Would you like to place a wager on that one?

15. greystreet15

greystreet15 New Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Never said they would outdraw them, just that it's possible. Like the Storm/MISL in the past, the Blackhawks embellish their attendance figures as well, so there's really no way to tell.

I did go to a few Hawks games last year to see Detroit and Pittsburgh, but from what I heard on Chicago Sports Radio (Mike North 670 Score) many Blackhawks home games had only a couple thousand fans at the game.

There's no way to tell But if the figures that the Storm are giving Captain Chaos are true, then who knows. FYI - The Blackhawks and Bulls raised their ticket prices as well for the upcoming season, so it's not just the Storm.

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There've been some times when the Wolves have outdrawn the Hawks. That's certainly possible.

I'd think it's a longshot to believe the Storm could do it when the MISL's average over the last five seasons is around 5k announced. The Hawks would have to be really embellishing and the Storm would have to do really well to outdraw them.

17. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    A friend of mine went to 3 Hawk games last year and said no mayyer what they announced it to be , they had 3000 people at the most. I have been a Blackhawk fan since 1977 and it pains me to see what Wirtz has done to that team. The Blackhawks and the Sting ruled the winters in Chicago from 190 to 1984. Just think back to when you could not get a ticket to the staduima in the Savrad, Secord , Larmer days. People who really were into it will remember guys like Tim Higgins , Pter Maesh , Rick Patterson , Steve Ludzik , Greg Fox.

18. GOAL41

GOAL41 Member

Sep 7, 2006
    ChiTown Burbs
    Oh hell, if you can spit out a name like Greg Fox, you might as well say Pat Ribble, or Glen Sharpley.

There is nothing that can ever compare to watching a Sting indoor game at old Chicago Stadium with 15k fans. Watching people dropping confetti from the second balcony every time the Sting scored.

19. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Glen Sharply , I have not heard that name in years. He came to the Hawks in 1901 From Minnesota for Ken Solhiem.
    15.000 for Sting games were defening , when they got over 18,000 in there , you could not think.

I am hoping the Storm does not waint untill after opening day to print the roster like they did last year.

Anyone have any idea as to what the uniforms are going to be like and who will supply them?
    The must go back to black at home. wear yellow on the road , but it has to be black at home.

20. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    1981 is when Sharpley came to the hawks , sorry for the typo.
    Other forgotten Hawks from the great Savard , Secord , Larmer days of the early 1980s
    Randy Boyd ,
    Dave Feamster,
    Dennis Cyr ,
    Mike Fidler,
    Terry Ruskowski.

21. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Yeah, the Hawks are in the toilet, but you guys are REALLY drinking the Storm Kool-Aid if you think that the Storm will out draw the Hawks.

22. StingStorm

StingStorm New Member

Jul 10, 2005
    Too late , it looks like the bashing has already begun .
    The Hawks are not drawing well these days, so nothing is impossible.

23. mrstorm

mrstorm New Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I'm renewing my season tickets in October, as the White Sox wanted their $370 for postseason tickets, so I had to pay for those by the end of August. Midfield, just like at the Pavilion, club seating, VIP. Just as long as there is a club level seat at midfield, I'll be happy!!!

24. Capt. Chaos

Capt. Chaos Member

United States
    Nov 12, 2005
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    I really meant that for NON-Storm fans. But whatever.

I understood why the Bulls raised their prices because of Big Ben, but the BLACKHAWKS? I wonder really if anyone will care about them at all this season. Hell I really dont like the Hawks, only liked them for about?!? 2 seasons then the lockout and I became a Wolves fan.

However, the names I always remember from the Hawks are...Larmer, Roenick, Goulet, Chelios, Belfour, Steve Smith, well and then I do remember names that have been fed through ever since just because of the NHL video games and fantasy hockey. It seems the Hawks are the NHL version of the Cubs.

When I posted that the League is meeting in chicago thursday...I think it might be next thursday. But I dont remember, just putting this out there since I might have messed up.

25. zinsy2

zinsy2 New Member

Jan 9, 2006

please let us know when the website and myspace page go up..we want to be added as a friend immediately...

thanks,
    the zinsy! corps