Let's get to know each other (NSR)

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Mario, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    I like Ronnie
    [​IMG]

-N1

2. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    hi guys,
    i've been posting on this board for a few months now, but never got around to introducing myself. sorry about that.
    my name is allan, i'm not really evil, i'm pretty harmless actually... :p
    i'm 24 (25 on saturday, devil's night, and all i ask as a present is a win in bilbao).
    i'm a student living in toronto, canada. i'm studying art and
    philosophy (yawn). if anyone cares, you can see my paintings at: alissner.tripod.com (no www.)
    i became a barca fan sometime around 93-94 towards the end of the dream team. back then i would spend every free minute i had playing the beautiful game, at school, on the street, in my bedroom, it didn't matter. i was living in denmark at the time (right after DK wone the european cup, woohoo!). they would always show barca games at that time because of the danish player michael laudrup. and i was hooked. they played the game the way i thought it should be played, they made football beautiful...and they still do.
    the football is what got me hooked, but the more i found out about the club the more i liked them. i really admire the history and the politics of the club and what it means to the catalan people.

3. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Are you the guy who was sending me messages on MSN at 4 in the Morining?

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    WOW! That is just plain SICK! Totally amazing. Thanks for the clip.

I bought my 1st Barca kit today. Damn, does it look sweet!

5. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    If you like the clip so much HOOK UP THE REP!! :D . Oh and what colour Kit did you get? Im planning on getting the new blue one pretty soon.

-N1

6. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I just bought the home Burgundy and Blue kit less than an hour ago......a true classic!

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oddly enough, I still don't own a home shirt. The tan one from last year is great for everyday wear though.

8. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    It's great to know that my away shirt of last year is still used this year as the 3rd choice(the beige one, extremely classy). I'll get my 2004-2005 away tomorrow...just in time for The Match. :)

9. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Hi, Im NEO

[​IMG]

-N1

10. stuzinho

stuzinho New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    vancouver, bc
    hi hi... thought i'd bust my big soccer cherry in the best part of this massive forum! the barca section! man i really need to figure out how to do the cedille.. oh well...

some may know me here from the maxxed football forums, i been there from the forums beginning pretty much.. i was reading some of vipnerd's posts in this barca section and decided its high time i started discussing my favorite team with the likes of you footie intellectuals. wassup vipnerd! (its barcalove :D )

favorite team: barca
    favorite players: ronnie, robben, adriano

11. CrazyElBarca

CrazyElBarca New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    You are not alone. I am also from Denmark.

You are welcome to visit www.campnorth.dk a homepage for all Barca-fans.

Watching you www.bold.dk? It is a very good page about football and it best chat-forum. :D

12. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
  13. CrazyElBarca

CrazyElBarca New Member

Oct 27, 2004
  14. Lucho-the-Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    My name is Alex, I am 26 living in Philadelphia. going to graduate school First started to support Barca with my first ever kit (from a trip Barcelona) 1989, when i was 11. I would have to say I didn’t really start to follow Barca as closely as I do now until 1998, with the advent of the internet and satellite TV. Spanish background, family from Galicia, although I do like to see Deportivo play well, I am die hard Barcelona supporter. Not too much else about me.

Favorite Barcelona memory is Rivaldo's goal against Valencia in 2001, this may be the greatest goal I have ever seen(not technically, but more for the moment).

Favorite player of all time is Luis Enrique, i think he is the essence of what Barca is, but Puyol is not filling those shoes with the passion he plays with(XAVI will be great also). I was never skeptical about the Ronaldinho signing in 2003, just happy it wasn’t Beckham(he would be useless to the team, as Madrid is finding now with his time injured).

My dirty little secret is I enjoy harassing those who feel the need to wear Real Madrid shirts in public. Normally I will just heckle and ridicule them, but there are times where it may get confrotational, but it is all good fun.

15. Blaugrana

Blaugrana New Member

Nov 20, 2004
    Barcelona
    Hi, my name is David, 29 years old from Barcelona. I'm a Barça supporter since I can remember and that's why I'm writing this here. A few months ago I was surfing the web looking for opinions about Fabregas from Arsenal supporters and found this site. I loved the deep feelings coming from people living so far away from cules' "mother land" and ,minutes before "el clásico", I've decided to start writing here to share views with you all while I practice my horrible english.

16. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Blaugrana,

Great to have a fellow Cule from Barcelona! Please post here often, I know we would love to hear a 1st hand account of anything and everything Barca from the great city. After seeing your beautiful city in the Summer Olympics a while back, I was intrigued and entranced.

Again, welcome to Big Soccer and the FC Barcelona forum!!!

17. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blaugrana, your English is great.

Thanks for posting.

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Benviguts David

19. KingHenryXIV

KingHenryXIV New Member

Jan 31, 2004
    Univ. of Arkansas
    blaugrana i know a little castillano, but no catalan. however i am visiting Barcelona this Decmeber-Janurary

20. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

welcome, i hope you post often.

also, i know most non-english speakers love to say their english sucks, but i think they are just looking for compliments ;)
    your english is very good, besides that, many americans can't speak english all that well, so you will feel at home :p

21. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hi, Nate aka NattyBo here.

I started liking Barca when, after a few years of not watching any futbol, I got the fever again. Although a few years ago, Barca matches werent as easy to get here in the US, I always downloaded whatever highlights I could find. Ronaldinho, my favorite player, coming to the club, cemented the relationship. I originally started watching them because I hate Real Madrid and everything they stand for. Im a fanatic of DC United and a lot of that I owe to Barcelona for getting me back into Futbol.

Im 19 years old and Im currently saving money for a Futbol tour of Europe, which, if I plan it right, will put me in Barcelona in time for a Real/Barcelona match in the next two years or so.

Its so nice getting Gol TV now here in the US so I can catch most Barca matches live! Watching last weekends Real/Barca match in only highlights would've sucked!

As an interesting side note that Im also majoring in Spanish here in the states. I dont know as much as I like, but I think Im doing pretty well. And whoever said they were in Nicaragua with beautiful ladies, let me back him up. Ive been there, and the ladies are gorgeous!

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    welcome aboard Nate

23. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    happy belated hannukkah to everyone, happy christmas, and happy new year.

holla!

skeet skeet skeet

24. SangCule

SangCule New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm 32, married, no kids. I've been a Barça supporter since I was born :)

Originally from Spain, now living in Cincinnati and I just found this board... any cules around Cincy? I know there's a penya around here but I haven't been able to find any contact information anywhere.

Blau i Grana és un crit valent!
    Blau i Grana, Visca el Barça sempre cridarem!

25. Hristo Stoitchkov

Hristo Stoitchkov New Member

Jan 25, 2005
    NYC
    Hey, I'm 22 and been a Barca fan pretty much since birth. My dad's a lifelong Barca fan as well, so that's where I was able to avoid joining the dark side (real m.).

I was born in Newark, NJ, then we moved back to spain for five years, and ended up coming back to the States where I have lived since. I always love visiting my family back in spain so we can talk about soccer, religion, and politics (the only three topics of conversation in spain).

I was bored at work today, and somehow came across this forum, and started reading the various threads and was instantly hooked, because the members actually knew what they were talking about. It's kind of hard to find people who know anything about soccer-aside from the metrostars.

Now I have something to do at work!

Barca-Mes que un club.