Let's get to know each other (NSR)

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Mario, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ThomaGol and SB Cruyff,

Great to have you in this forum. Post often and enjoy!

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome Gary.

3. theheffe

theheffe New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Woodinville, WA, USA
    New Barca Fan

Hey all, I'm Jeff and a 22-year-old starving college student in Washington state. I live in Spokane now but will be moving to Woodinville (near Seattle) in two weeks.

I was searching for a European team to follow for a while (since there is no Seattle MLS team) and was turned on to Barca in a book "How Soccer Explains the World". When I was in Spain a few years ago I spent a week in Madrid and HATED it! I really liked that Barca had a mostly non-violent fan base and REALLY liked that they don't wear ads on their jerseys (though I hear that might be changing :( ) and REALLY REALLY liked that they hate Madrid as much as I do. Anyway, I've been actually living (a Barca fan) for about a year now.

I'm now hoping to find a few fellow la liga fans in the Seattle area to watch games with. And that's pretty much my life story.

4. sgraham322

sgraham322 New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Another good book on all of the political/historical rivalries in Spanish soccer
    is called Morbo. It has chapters on a number of the big rivalries in the
    country. I think it is an English publication, and I had to order it on Amazon.

Scott

5. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Re: New Barca Fan

Great to have you! Make sure to post often, always nice to get many points of view. Again welcome and yes "How Soccer Explains the World" was a very interesting book!

P.S. Why did you negative rep me?

6. theheffe

theheffe New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Woodinville, WA, USA
    Re: New Barca Fan

:confused:

No idea, I tried to POS rep you. I tried to click add to your rep again but it said something about needing to share the love first. Any idea on how to take back a negitive rep?

7. gio15

gio15 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    lincoln england
    hi all barca fans im gaz 30 years old act like im 10.i have a wife who's a liverpool fan :( we have no kids.i love the pride and passion of the barcelona people and love the way the team plays. i fall in love with fc barcelona when i was 8 the first time i put the shirt on.have been to the nou camp to watch barca vs real madrid it was 1all xavi hit the crossbar in the last minute he would have won it for us and a seen barca in england a few times. :)

8. theheffe

theheffe New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Woodinville, WA, USA
    Welcome gio.

9. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    welcome to the boards. where does the name gaz come from?

10. gio15

gio15 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    lincoln england
    my real name is gary but everybody calls me gaz it started when i was a kid even my mum calls me it :D

11. gio15

gio15 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    lincoln england
    thanks nice to be here.do you get to see many live barca games on tv? in the us :cool:

12. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    most barca games are shown on goltv, but that channel is only available on satellite and certain cable companies.

13. theheffe

theheffe New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Woodinville, WA, USA
    Nope. though if I stay away from the boards during and soon after the game I can watch a downloaded copy and pretend its live :)

The second Chelsea CL game was on TV though so I got to see that one.

14. gio15

gio15 New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    lincoln england
    Im lucky we get la liga saturday night and the sunday game live,and i got to see all of barca's CL game's this season thanks to sky sports. and if i feel very rich barcelona are less then 2 hour away on a plane not that i feel rich very oftern ;)

15. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great to have you.
    Post OFTEN!
    Have fun and remember, think before you post.

16. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    you should take your own advice. :rolleyes:

17. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Welcome Gio15.Looking forward to hear some of your ideas.
    In South Africa we also get the SKY La Liga coverage.

Cheers

18. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi fellow Barca fans.
    single
    no kids

Only really got into the sport during the last cup (sorry, but it's true about America and soccer). Like most newbies, follow(ed) several different teams but have decided on Barca for life. This might be a goofy reason, but the 'political' situation of Barcelona and Catalunya resonates with me somehow. Have friends who live there and this year I finally hope to visit the Nou Camp.

Anyway, I moved all of 10 miles from my old place and had to switch cable companies. Meaning, no Gol TV and following FCB is going to take much more effort this year-- thanks to this board, I've a good place to check in.

Wish list for the year:
    CL and La Liga
    the re-emergence of Larsson (but not at the expense of Etoo)
    Real handed two embarrasing losses

19. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Welcome to the board, you can download Barca games at ********.com.

20. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

welcome to the boards. i will try my best to get you some live streams of the game, but if not, you can catch highlights on websites we will provide or download the games on ftbz.

21. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks guys! Season's almost here, THANK GOD... I'm sick of having to hear about Terrell Owens (NFL player) all the time.

22. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    That alone would make your season. :)

Is it my turn? OK.....

Hi guys. Madridista 100%. My wife, my son and I are all Socios. Born in Spain. Raised in the states. LOVE to talk football, even with culés like you that don't extend invitations. I just moved back from Spain (I was there on assigment for 3 years). I lived in Madrid, had season tickets last year. I did get to go to the Camp Nou twice (one was for the 0-2 CL Semis win).

Once the season kicks off I'll be in here busting chops. However, I trust you will find that I really do try to be objective.

23. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just don't try to start trouble. :)

I'd say welcome, but you've been here for a while. Nice to learn more about you though. How old are you by the way?

24. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I won't start trouble. My closest cousin is a Barcelona fan and one of my best friends is an Atleti fan, so I'm used to taking a lot of abuse. I do have real good footy conversations with them though.

I'm 34 years old.

25. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

when i saw your that you had the most recent post, i thought to myself that you have been here for a while without coming to this thread. anyway, "welcome"