Lets Get the Excitement Back!!

Discussion in 'Milwaukee' started by wcssstar33, Mar 23, 2009.

1. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was no "buzz" around the all-star game at the Cell. The 2002 All-Star Game at the Bradley Center, on the other hand, created quite the buzz. And on a side note, what has really hurt the Wave's attendance was their move from the BC to the Cell. Going head-to-head with Bucks/Admirals/Marquette games is not a contest the Wave can ever hope to win....

2. MU88

MU88 New Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Not true. According to one of the members of the potential ownership group, the quote was from the Director of City development who indicated that a soccer stadium would be built in Milwaukee over his dead body.

According to a friend with the Bucks, they are actually not doing all that bad financially. Remember, the league is getting about $1 billion per year domestically, which translates into around $33 million per team. Toss in local revenue, ticket sales, concession sales for all BC events, and international revenue, and I would suspect the Bucks are close to breaking even. Bucks probably do great when they win.

MLS would have a chance if the team had a nice new stadium and were competitive right away. Fans will show up for an event in Milwaukee and winning will keep the fans coming. Remember, the Mustangs averages over 15,000 per game their first season and didn't win a game.

Admirals never made money under the Petits, even when attendance was decent. Minor league outdoor soccer is a niche sport with no fan base in the city. You really can't compare it to MLS. Same goes for the Wave. I may buy MLS tickets. I have gone to Bonecrusher games, but I have never gone to a Wave game. Indoor is about as interesting to me as indoor lacrosse.