Let's all laugh at Kansas

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by ratdog, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    LSU didn't have an offense and an AD with zero morale.. They now have both in Joe Brady whose just 30 years old and Woodward whose pretty much a win at any cost kind of guy unlike Alleva who ran a tight ship. Times have changed now and Ed O has a personnel that's reminiscent to Sabans during his time at LSU. You're talking about a team who possibly has the best offense to ever play CFB depending on the score against Clemson. Their numbers have already eclipsed the 04-05 Trojans and '14(?) Bama.. LSU's success will be predicated on how long they can keep Joe Brady that simple. Not a single defense has managed to figure this man out.. Kirby Smart even said it best after the SEC championship, "In my 10 years of coaching in the SEC I've never seen an offense as explosive as LSU's." It's now Sabans job to find a way to answer LSU and not the other way around cuz that Myles Brennan kid sitting behind Burrow is said to be a better QB... That says a lot.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Credit to you @Auriaprottu cuz you said Ed O was the perfect man for LSU because he embodies Louisiana.. He's going to do whatever's "best" for Louisiana on a football field. Geaux Tigahs baw.

Say hi to Phyllis from Alabama for me, now will ya Auria. Thanks ;)

Auriaprottu repped this.
  3. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Is Kansas still considered a state?

Perhaps we should have promotion and relegation for states!
    When a state becomes awful enough, it is relegated.
    When a territory becomes positive or needs help (like "Puerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrto Rico"-as stated by Donald J. Trump), it becomes a state.

Pro/Rel debate 2020! -the States Edition.

Edit:
    Oh, god, that is a terrible idea. Nevermind!

Kansas, you keep Kansasing your bad little self.
    The rest of country can still laugh at you, as needed.

As for you posters in this thread, I think you are commenting on college football or something. Carry on!

4. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    I pay this no more mind than I do to the poster who is posting scientific racism on another thread.

russ and xtomx repped this.
  5. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bret Stephens posts here? Awesome!

bigredfutbol repped this.
  6. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Posters in the USA Men's forum are concerned about the climate in Qatar for the next WC. Why should they be. It's not like any Americans will be there. :rolleyes:

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Funniest bit from the game besides OKs dbacks was a reporter who spoke with Orgeron's mameux. She said that he had the same voice as a child. :D

This guy said USC passed on him (he was an assistant then interim coach who went 6-2) because of his voice and being a Cajun character.

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  8. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    I have a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.

9. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nobody should be in Kansas, ever.

Hell, Dorothy had to move from black and white to Technicolor to escape that crap hole.

10. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't doubt it. That was the word back then when it all happened.

11. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We'd need four or five divisions for Ala-dama-BAMA to be as low as it deserves

12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The Story of (Ed) O... couldn't have happened to a nicer guy, or a more maligned one.

Congrats on the title. Maybe y'all can beat up on USC next year. Actually, probably not... they're gonna suck again.

My tastes in women will never drop to that level

Catracho_Azul repped this.
  13. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    OK, it's Kentucky, not Kansas. Close enough. You may have seen this, girl expelled from her private school for her birthday celebration -

[​IMG]

I suppose I can't fault the school. A student private school in Greenwich Village who came with an outfit and cake that suggested that only straight marriages were acceptable would be in hot water, too. So I will just say instead. ... the story is so very "K" state-ish.

This also points out the ridiculousness of gay Republicans, but we knew that already.

14. Funkfoot

Funkfoot Member+

May 18, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Her shirt isn't even a proper rainbow - it's missing red, green and violet.

xtomx repped this.
  15. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    Those are commie colors.

Auriaprottu, Dr. Wankler and fatbastard repped this.
  16. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Is there a link? I ask because it's tough to imagine this kid is implying that ONLY gay marriages are acceptable. It's not apparent from the image.

xtomx repped this.
  17. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm sure she wasn't implying that only gay marriages are acceptable. She might not have been implying anything about messages, and just being goofy. But the mere idea of gay marriages is a Whitfield School no-no.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/christian-school-expels-girl-rainbow-shirt-birthday-cake/story?id=68274078

Auriaprottu repped this.
  18. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Kid's mom says neither the cake nor the shirt are about gay pride, which ought not matter. Article doesn't say whether kid is gay or not, which ought not matter. The student was expelled because of an image taken off campus, outside school hours.

Cliff's Notes: White girl gets kicked out of school designed to protect her from a 15 year-old me. Color me only marginally sympathetic. If she truly loves all people, as Mom says, why is Mom paying money to send her to this kind of place to begin with? She belongs in public school, but of course there are Negroes there, being Louisville and all...

19. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Auria...thy name is "Trouble", with a capital "T", ain't got no "P", and you're not allowed in the "Pool"! :coffee:

Auriaprottu repped this.
  20. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    You seem to think it's okay to make outrageous assumptions about somebody you know absolutely nothing about. Do you think that's a healthy way to live?

superdave repped this.
  21. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I made no outrageous assumptions about her, or about her mother. I simply raised the possibility that the reason she's there is to avoid POCs.
    It is, at the end of the day, a private Christian (Protestant- the Catholics have been a bit better about this whole segregation thing) school in the South.

Just asking questions!

Are you sure you read the same post you're quoting?

Ending a post in this manner suggests a that certain level of accuracy exists in the first part.

22. raza_rebel

raza_rebel Member+

Dec 11, 2000
    Club:
    Univ de Chile
    Hey there...Kansas has less basketball titles

Other than that, you are spot on.

23. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of the Euro-snob Brits who, back in the day, referred to the Wiz as "Kansas." Sure, they are Kansas City, but it's not like there was another team across town called Kansas United...

Chesco United repped this.
  24. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Dr. Wankler repped this.