Let the west coast speculation begin...

Discussion in 'MLS: Expansion' started by metros11, Sep 7, 2007.

1. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, Portland Timbers WERE mentioned afterall on MLS programming last night. Yes indeed. (Yeah I know it has NOTHING to do with expansion, but I can pretend)

2. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Yawn.

3. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Please. You don't like anything about Seattle and you've made that perfectly clear.

No MLS?

We'd still live in the best city in the region.
    (How great,then, to have both...and soon!)

4. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The vast majority of Seattle fans would prefer to see the team play in an SSS. Beyond that, they see Qwest as a viable option. Does it have its "pitfalls"? Absolutely. However, Seattle fans can also argue that the rest of the nation refuses to acknowledge the good aspects of Qwest. (yes, they do exist).
    I personally hope that Qwest is not planned as a long term solution, but, I feel they can make it work in the interim.
    I also think Portland would be an outstanding market for MLS, and the franchises would be that much stronger if both (and hopefull Vancouver at some time) were in the league together.

5. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What? Are you kidding me? Are you one of those prawn eaters that sits on their a*s all game long with your thumb up your butt? You must be because im sure millions upon millions of true fans of any sport around the world have at some point felt the entire spectrum of emotion at some point of their support. You mean to tell me you have never been upset, disappointed, dismayed, angered, whatever, that your team has lost a game or not met expectations for the season? I have had many a day ruined because of the teams i support failed to meet expectations. As long as you dont let it effect you for the long term then you are fine. Other then that please everyone carry on being irrational, yelling, screaming, crying, telling people to f*ck off, whatever, and you can go play world of warcraft or something.

As long as you keep your emotions in check you are fine. People think anger is bad. It is when people act out on this anger but without it we would never know happiness either.

Woohoo a sensible response to my post. I thank you.

6. KnucklesBuchanan

Jul 12, 2007
    Section 149
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Again, the insecurity shows. Why you can't just be comfortable with your city the way it is is simply beyond me. Me, I like Seattle. But I don't need to pimp it. If you don't like it, fine by me. Stay home. One less car on the road, or one less pedestrian on the street.

7. jfranz

jfranz New Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Portland, OR
    I too would love it if all the Portland fans out there would just shut the hell up...

...because when I finally move there, I would love it if the superiority of life in Portland was still the best kept secret in America. If you're not careful, the uninformed dregs will stop choosing Seattle when they move to Cascadia. ;)

8. bomp

bomp New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Baltimore, MD.
    This is under serious consideration in NY HQ btw. I am betting that a move is coming in a few years out of LA.

9. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What kind of proof can you provide?

10. The Marquis

The Marquis Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Washougal, WA
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, point taken, and a great point it is. Shhhhh

I don't defend Portland I live it. You and your way of thinking are welcome here.