Less Than Half of all Published Scientists Endorse Global Warming Theory

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Matt in the Hat, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems fair. Im sorry I'm the only one here that finds it interesting that the consensus view of man made gloabal warming may be losing steam.

2. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    Also, I've noticed that far, far fewer medical research articles take a position on whether AIDS was created in a laboratory to destroy black men. Proof that the consensus on AIDS is vanishing!

3. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm going to need to see some peer-reviewed papers before I'm going to believe it.

4. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Actually, many here might be very interested in peer review articles. They are tired, perhaps, of people trying to force the issue with softshell hyperbole.

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, I though it was crack that was created at NIH to destroy black men? I can't keep up anymore...

6. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I once got kicked in the balls during an indoor game and they used leeches to bring the swelling down.

And since then, I have not been able to do my part as a man unless there is a jar of leeches in the room.

7. bojendyk

bojendyk New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    South Loop, Chicago
    In recent months, the global warming skeptics have been caught misrepresenting the findings of recent research, but as is always the case, the correction never gets as much attention as the headline. For example, Brit Hume just got nailed for doing this: he reported that a study from the Univeristy of Washington "revealed" that solar changes caused changes in the earth's climate, although the study's authors specifically noted in their own study that their findings supported the consensus on global warming.

It only seems like the consensus is being undermined.

8. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So once this is reviewed and accepted we can have a decent conversation about this?

9. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Perhaps you are right. We'll see.

10. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I find it entertaining how you demand to see the original and the proof in some instances (bad GAO report on Iraq) before you assign any credibility to a story in the post, but then you accept the findings and methodology of a study you haven't seen and that has not been picked up for publication by anyone and that on its face seems to contradict what we all thought was true.

Yes, to answer your latest question, I would be interested to see why scientific consensus is losing steam on global warming IF there were some credible evidence to base it on. This doesn't rise anywhere near that level. Certainly not yet.

11. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

[sarcasm]ah yes, history has shown that governments never do anything wrong especially when it comes to pollution.[/sarcasm]

*** goes back to burning books on the arial sea, that one about us governtment policies causing the oglala aquifer to be drained, the one on the tuscaloosa experiments, the one on all the pollution china's govt is churning out, those others on all the fun pollution the commies put out in the name of the hammer and sickle, et al. ***

12. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Maybe. Will there by sherry?

13. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin

Yeah, that was my point. That governments never do wrong. You are quick.

14. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnny Walker Green. Sherry is for **************

15. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Is there a difference in profit margin on flourescent and incandescent bulbs to dealers?

16. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are all maunfactured by the same 3 companies so not really.

17. John Kevin W. Desk

John Kevin W. Desk New Member

Mar 5, 2007
    By this same approach, the vast majority of soccer writers are neutral or have no opinion about whether the Galaxy suck this year.

18. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    It appears that the right has it's bugaboos to "scare" or "convince" people to follow them: (OBL, War on Terr, Iraq, etc) while the left has its own bugaboos. It is starting to feel like Global Warming is the left's version of OBL...

19. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No. Matt is a big fan of Rush Limbaugh. Rush, in his effort to partition the USA into Bushies and Liberals, is politicizing everything, including the weather. Matt is just going along with Rush. According to the Right, the number 1 bugaboo to Americans, is other Americans. Specifically, those that don't agree with Bush and are therefore "liberals." For some crazy reason, the Right does buy into the fact that climate change is happening, and it is happening as the result of human activity. Energy companies, utility companies, light bulb manufacturers, building supply companies, etc all buy into the consensus view.

BTW, the link to the article yields no article. They've removed it. Was it not factually correct? Did they use strange criteria to determine whether an article fit into the consensus view?

I'm with Knave. This is a stupid thread.

20. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't listened to him in months. My interest in Rush comes in fits and spurts. But good attempt at character assasination. Maybe next time you will do better.

21. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    I think that is pretty dumb, but if you want to explain, that might be kind of interesting.

1) Osama Bin Laden will eat your young, so let's attack Iraq

v.

2) Human's are responsible for global warming, so let's conserve and be good stewards of the earth.

Yeah, same coin different side.

22. Matt in the Hat

Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that's one way to look at it

23. Roel

Roel Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Santa Cruz mountains
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You are a bit soft and clueless about this climate change thingey. Rush's whole thing is to divide Americans between Bushies and Liberals, and he hopes that Americans will pit themselves against each other. Ever ask yourself, "why?" Proofpoint that Rush is successful in dividing Americans can be recognized in YankeeBlue's post.

It isn't character assassination. You simply have a blind spot. Rush contributed to creating it.

24. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone knows Terry Shiavo's opposition to gay marriage and support of the troops was the only thing keeping greenhouse gases under control.

Now that she's dead, of course global warming is a major problem.

Happy Now, Liberals! She's Dead! And soon the planet will be too!

25. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Perhaps? You haven't been paying attention during the entire Bush administration?