Les Bleus news and media gossip

Discussion in 'France: National Teams' started by N. Platini, Jun 15, 2010.

1. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    give him one chance whats the worst that could happen he sits on the bench ,he should be givin training time at Clairefontaine inf where he started

2. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter really who's going to be riding the pine for that game. But I would like to see the time and experience of being with the national setup go to someone young and promising, not a 29 year old with no future with les bleus

guignol and StarrMatthieu repped this.
  3. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A World Cup qualifier against Spain isn't a good time to be experimenting with any newcomers to the team! Perhaps vs. Georgia or the next friendly but CERTAINLY not against Spain in a huge match!!

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not certain this court date won't change again. this has the makings of an international incident which, if petty, is also avoidable.

5. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It sounds as if Ribery might miss the Georgia and Spain matches. I'm going to eat my words from my earlier post and suggest a newbie to the team as a replacement: Antoine Griezmann. He is very familiar with the Spain players and performs well for Real Sociedad against the likes of Real and Barca.

StarrMatthieu repped this.
  6. StarrMatthieu

StarrMatthieu Member+

Dec 15, 2007
    USA/FRANCE
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  7. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais

"At this time, Varane is the No.1 French central defender."

Yet, he's never played a game for Les Bleus. I highly doubt he will play against Spain.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    too bad umtiti is playing primarily on the left or he might be in the running too.

9. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Looks like I might have been wrong about this. I hope he has a good game today against Georgia.

10. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC

L'Equipe

11. YankBastard

YankBastard Na Na Na Na NANANANAAA!

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    StarrMatthieu repped this.
  13. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, mind you.

14. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Qatar: Fitting place for such a piece of crap. In 2022, people can look at it while they stand in the 122° heat.

15. YankBastard

Jun 18, 2005
    Estados Unidos
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Varane is inexperienced compared to others. But he's the most talented of his age group.

16. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Evra is at it again and right after the NT had two good performances but that's also probably why he feels legit to do so while his performances are still as pathetic as ever. The NT could have improved his image with the last games but unfortunately Evra had to say otherwise.

17. SuperSebGrimaldi

May 28, 2007
    Scarsdale, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    :unsure: I have no admiration for Evra as a person but his last 2 matches with the NT have actually been quite good I thought...

guignol repped this.
  18. CoDave

CoDave Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Colorado USA
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    The FFF should either let this slide or at least communicate with him in a more private manner rather than making this public. Just as France are playing good as a team and getting ready for the crucial WC playoffs, they have to turn this into front page news. This kind of crap is the last thing the team need hanging over their heads in November.

19. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    Funny how many of the French journalists feel they can say whatever they like about the players be it about football or about their personal lives, but start crying whenever the players responds in a way that doesn't please them.
    But with that been said, Evra's timing was wrong though imo

guignol repped this.
  20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not a big fan of evra in general. but i do feel his last couple of matches were pretty good. and i feell above all that him taking a big swipe at the four journalists he did is RIGHT ON!

CoDave repped this.
  21. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    #297 NicolasN., Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    The problem of his ITW is not the only the timing but also its content. In a well thought ITW, we can expect something else than physical threats toward Pierre Menes, mocking his obsesity, criticizing the career of Lizarazu while Evra's one with the NT is pathetic, wordsplay that would put the shame on any primary school kid. It's not because he is saying negative things that he's subversive, fair and even less intelligent. At the end of the day, his approach is extremely selfish : he's only talking himself, praises himself and lacks of lucidity when it comes to judge what he has shown under the jersey of the NT.

I have also plenty criticisms on the work of the journalists but there is no need of insults or threats when you know that your ITW will be seen by millions of people. For example :

- the format of the Canal football club and its lack of analysis. When the highlight is over, the pundits only have like 30 seconds to express themselves each therefore there is no time for a real analysis but rather to throw a punchline.

- the collusion between the journalists and some players, the journalists shouldn't be friends with any player or at least have the decency not express themselves about their friends. The best example being Pierre Menes who defended Gomis publicly and blamed Aulas for everything during the last summer transfer saga without ever questioning the behavior of Gomis and his agents which ends up hurting the image of Lyon.

- Their corporatism and the best example being Nasri insulted by a journalist who insulted him in return and yet there was barely any mention of the journalist insulting Nasri in the medias.

And list goes on...but there is no need insults or physical threats

What matters to Evra is not the quality of analysis but rather the fact that he has been criticized and that hurts his ego. Otherwise, he'd have answered Courbis on the technical field. What he has done is basically what Menes is doing in the Canal Football Club : throwing a punchline with ridiculous "jokes" made in Evra added to it.

22. the one and only

Jul 15, 2011
    I have absolutely no problem with anything Evra said, my only problem is the timing.

23. NicolasN.

NicolasN. Member

Oct 25, 2007
    France
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    I got it the first time you said it. Indeed a player making physical threats and all the rest is very good...

24. SoccerMIGermany

SoccerMIGermany Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    OC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I've been digging, but I have yet to find what Liza said initially to provoke Evra's temper. All I've found is Evra's angry shot at Liza and Lizarazu's and Liza's comment in return. What came before Evra's shot?