@ Lens (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Nov 27, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    So we visit Lens tom.
    The game will be shown live on Setanta Sports: 3 PM EST. :cool:

2. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Tough match to watch yesterday. I have noticed a trend lately in that we seem to dominate play in both possession and opportunities and end up with little (1pt) or nothing (a loss) to show for it. I know that many like to point the finger at the defence and it's shortcomings and while I do agree with that to an extent, I've been more concerned with the play up front.

I think that Brandao is a good player and he is a physical force when the ball is in the box. I also think that Niang shows flashes of brilliance on a match to match basis. However, I don't know the last time I saw two players miss more great opportunities. I mean Brandao put 2-3 sitters in row Z on Weds night and Niang seems to spend more time during a match with his hands on his head in grief than celebrating goals. I really think that if L'OM could splash some cash on a guy that they know will be able to finish off chances, we will see a huge improvement in this sqaud. Whether it be a veteran like Van Nistelroy or a younger dynamo like Gignac, something needs to be done.

While I'm making my L'OM wish list, I wish that DD would give Lucho off until January. Let him get fully fit, play with the reserve side and then have him come back and hopefully make a bigger impact. Everyone's complaining about Ben Arfa and while I agree he hasn't lived up to his potential, I see Lucho being a much bigger bust if things continue as is. He's constantly got some type of knock and just seems to be going through the motions. I've seen him play a fair amount of matches for Porto and the guy was top notch. Something is wrong there.