Lennon in the news again

Discussion in 'Scotland' started by Desigol, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Desigol

Desigol New Member

Jan 17, 2003
    County Tyrone, NI
  2. just Packrat

just Packrat New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Lawrence
    I find it extremely ironic that a portion of support lays into a player with the expressed intent of eliciting a negative response; yet when they receive that response, they cry foul.

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Exactly. It's not just to go after a player for things that the fans routinely do and get away with. Let the league deal with this as they see fit.

4. Parkhead_Faithful

Parkhead_Faithful New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Glasgow,Scotland
    Players get paid to be above this type of thing though, the supporters will always give you a hard time for any reason, its their job, but a player should be smarte enough not to react, if he does the crowd have won and the next time he'll get it 10 times worse.

That said hes only human, if a very rotund one.

I have heard a couple of conflicting reports, a few mates swear blind he didnt give them the middle finger at all and some are sure he did, i missed it myself so I cant really comment one way or the other.

5. just Packrat

just Packrat New Member

Jul 8, 2003
    Lawrence
    Unless it's stock footage, I saw a pic of Lennon on the BBC website VERY CLEARLY flipping it to the crowd. It's all about consistency. The counter example is Dailly not receiving anything. I hold my club to a very high standard, and I don't want anybody doing that type of thing. Out of all the Hoops, Lennon has far and away more right than anybody to do that. He's earned the right to run victory laps at Ibrox with his finger up for 90 minutes. That being said, I still wish he didn't do it.

6. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Dailly didn't openly criticise the Germans at all, in fact he didn't make any reference whatsoever to them in his outburst. Who's to say he was talking about the game? He could have been referring to a Scotland squad card pool, in which certain players were trying to sneakily gain the upper hand, or any other number of innocent reasons ;)