Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Steffi’s so biased I can’t. I know she’s a poor coach but I never thought she was that poor lol

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1202 Batfink, Nov 15, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
    No defense, no mid-field, no attack, no clear formation, no clear tactics, no direction; but at least Jones currently 18-20 games deep in to her role as senior coach, is 100% sure Goeßling's the main reason her defense doesn't work lol.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Laudehr's also injured too, so.. logic..

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am to some extend sure Goessling is one of those who want Jones be gone and Jones knows that. That is why Goessling talks about what is going on in the background. Jones cant let her play when Goessling could torpedo her NT coaching career entirely. E.g by causing a pen or stuff

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    But this is good, we want Steffi gone

5. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I don't hope she retires from the NT though, they need her experience and skills for the next world cup, as it's not really any great DM beside her in the German squad

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Major news outlets have picked up the story.

Even more pressure

7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    If the DFB keeps Jones beyond 2017, they honestly won't need to worry about the WC... as the German wnt won't even be there lol.

Plus I'm pretty confident under a competent coaching regime, the likes of Laudehr, Hendrich, Doorsoun, could all easily deputize as legit DM's in Goeßling's potential absence; it's just having to watch Jones waste her best options that provides the illusion of Germany not having any options at all.

I mean this is a coach who'd rather sacrifice Goeßling at CB, so Demann, Popp, Däbritz, Marozsan, can all fail to distinguish themselves as DM's, because... you know... reasons.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, I even read it on Bild today.

At least a player's finally voiced an opinion on how poor Steffi is, question is if Lena's gonna get any support from other players in the team?

9. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The situation is so suspensful batfink might even watch a NT game again. Of course just to see Jones failing

10. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    sorry, couldn't find anything on your link, but here's something
    http://www.sportbuzzer.de/artikel/d...n-vfl-wolfsburg-attackiert-die-bundestrainer/

from reading this with my poor, google translater; it sounds like, win or loose, Jones might resign on her own accord anyways(thus avoiding embarrassment by getting fired).

It actually be a good to switch coaches since the next qualifier is only in April, & don't think there's anything else schedules except the She Believes Cup(n March), which is non binding

Thomsen repped this.
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was an article on the main page. Welt.de and spiegel.de too. That's like New York Times and Washington Post reporting about it

Thomsen repped this.
  13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #1213 Batfink, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Hmmmm, this is starting to sound a little suspect now... it's as if Jones is creating the early narrative that she is 100% ready to fall on her own sword, potentially removing the DFB's gaze away from other key figures who should also be included within thoughts of a future reorganization of the women's program.

See, the DFB really needs to oversee a genuine reformation here, meaning by their decision, or her own, Jones should just be the first of a number of people leaving this program before the end of 2017, rendering her threats of leaving completely immaterial to the much bigger issues at stake.

The self-importance still showcased by Jones, after a series of horrible performances culminating in a eventual WC qualifying defeat to Iceland at home, says exactly why MAJOR changes to this program are so necessary right now.

14. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Unluckily, not always failure makes the people responsible of that accountable for the failure itself: it needs a strong political will to change things, or the failure just stagnate on itself, instead of being the push to a much-needed change.

I give you an example: although I don't follow much men's football (I virtually don't follow it at all), these days it was quite impossible for me, an Italian living in Italy, not to hear the loud echo of Italy's men's team being eliminated from WC 2018 in Russia (an event that was unheard of in the last 60 years, much more clamorous than USA's elimination: USA were not four times world champions). It was of course the final step of a trend that saw Italy being stopped at group stage in 2010 and 2014.
    Well, you want to know what's happening these days? Coach Ventura has been fired, but, in front of the biggest failure of the last 60 years for Italian football, the President of the Federation, Carlo Tavecchio (a walking disgrace of a man: even those who don't follow men's football heard of his racist, misogynistic and omophobic remarks in the past) is desperately clinging to his power and he doesn't seem to have any intention to refound Italian football from the ground, as it would be needed: he's only thinking at some kind of cosmetic make-up, that obviously will leave the situatuion in the current state, give or take a few.

So, if you managed to bear with me for all of this quite long post, the bottom line is: reaching the bottom of a football program and facing the ultimate failure is not enough if people in charge pretend not seeing and go on with business as usual. :coffee:

Batfink repped this.
  15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We were lucky the failure of German football in 2000 was big enough so that there had to be change. We understand this well. For the women's program crushing out in the quarter was seen as an accent and now they cant pretend any more it was one

16. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Gössling has my respect though, creds to her for doing this, probably risking her own future on the NT if the disaster of a coach actually gets to continue.

17. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im sure she has come out now knowing that if Jones stays her NT career would have been over anyways. Either cause Jones wouldnt call her up anymore(she didnt call her up now that she had fought back from injury after a year and is in top form) or she didnt wanna play for Jones anymore herself.

It probably was quite easy.

18. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I find it weird that Jones didn't call up Gössling, not only because she's a great player and way better than you know why, but I thought Steffi liked her. Calling her up to the Euro's when she had barely played anything that season, starting the games against Russia and Denmark...

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jones probably feels like goeßling let her down at the Euros and vs Iceland. Goeßling probably also doesnt fit into the team structure anymore. Meaning Goeßling was a leading figure und Neid and bringing in all the Essiens and other newbies changed the whole team structure. So leaving her out clearly has nothing to do with her qualities as a player but more like with the whole squad structure and who is supposed to call the shots in the team and if this who is loyal to Jones

20. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    And Peter and Blässe haven't lol? Mittag luckily retired after the Euro's. I can't take Steffi anymore. I got the feeling that Lena talked about Peter and Blässe when "looking at the squad" lol.

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Peter and Blässe are possibly loyal and two important for Jones. She cant leave them all out

22. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Well, of course they are, if Germany had a decent coach they wouldn't even be on the bench. See, Blässe is never in Wolfsburg's starting eleven anymore and Peter's benched from time to time now that Kellermann's gone. Steffi hugging Peter after subbing her out against Slovenia I think says it all...

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yeah.... and the women's scene may have an even bigger problem with this kind of institutional thinking, where amateurish tendencies can become the more common norms for a global sport themes of genuine professionalism still remain a rare find for many elite female athletes.

I mean I see a lot of the current German wnt issues connecting to Neid's post 2011 WC backing from Theo Zwanziger, which instantly created the perfect climate for the resulting stagnation and eventual decline of a senior team currently showcasing the worst grooming of it's most successful youth talent in the programs history.

So you see the early grumblings of discontent coming from senior club coaches like Bernd Schroeder, who calls out the DFB's apathy for keeping Neid, and then later Ralf Kellermann who feels the wnt in need of true modernization; but it's only now nearing the point of potential collapse, does anybody notice the long term failings of people who've become far to comfortable in positions they clearly assume tenure.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I think Mittag and Behringer retired at the right times to allow other players to finally step up and take over important roles on the national team.

But like everybody's witnessed with the German team over the past 5 years, the rejuvenation process of the senior squad has generally been conducted so poorly, the team has just stagnated into showcasing NO identity besides that of them simply being a bad team.

So no matter how well the junior teams have done, or the progression of club football continues to prove the valid improvement of other potential options, every time a senior player will step down it just exposes the minds overseeing the senior team for their negligent future planning/foresight.

25. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    good news, no Magull or Laudehr for the game against France