Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmm, I think your trying too hard lol. In a strong confederation based knock out competition like the Euro's, it's always whoever Germany has to play that becomes their main rival.

Yeah, historically speaking it's been epic tussles vs Norway, Sweden, and possibly Italy, who've been Germany toughest opponents biggest tests in the Euro's, but I can't ever remember the German women having a genuine antagonistic stance, or deep rivalry, develop between themselves and any other European wnt....:unsure:
    Meh, I still think the only reason the English wnt continue to be spoken about so positively around here, is down to their players, coaches, and FA's, completely unabashed love affair with all things related to US women's soccer....:rolleyes:

See, the football the English wnt actually use against anybody better than themselves, is the same game killing bunker-countering attacking style everybody wanted to denounce Sweden for using at the Olympics; but an up and coming Belgium side exposed them not so long ago, with England's head coach struggling with a game plan for an equally talented opponent, not really interested in dominating the ball of the flow of the game.

Germany have serious work ahead to construct a new championship level side for the Euro's, but I haven't seen England produce anything to stand out from a host of other nations who'll also be taking part in the next Euro's.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I don't know who's going to replace them, but Rauch and Bremer pull out of the next senior international squad due to muscle strains.

And after missing 6 players last time, I hope this injury stuff isn't going to effect the next U-20 WC either, as Meinert's clearly been building this latest side around her having the experience and extra quality of Bremer spearheading the attack...:unsure:

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Maier and Doorsun apparently

Batfink repped this.
  4. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, sorry... Maier and Doorsoun replace Rauch and Bremer.

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Rauch makes me mett. More injured than not it's a disgrace

6. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I would have preferred Simon brought in ahead of Maier, but I guess the coaching team are determined to start with the mid-field and attack now, and want to address the defense later.

Rauch's been surprisingly impressive at times for Potsdam, but players for that particular club seem to be ridiculously susceptible to injury, and unfortunately it seems it's continuing into this season too.

And with Demann sitting out Hoffenheim's first match of the season, I find it hard to believe Henning and Peter will continue being first choice past 2016...:cautious:

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  7. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

If this version was ever interested in coming back, I'd look forward to her return too; but she's never going to be like she was in this YT footage...:(, that players gone never to return.

8. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    How u know? :( just because of the pregnancy

9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    well our girls??? i would be happy for a semi final with that team.... hopefully with Caro on the pitch

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1) She's never been as focused as she was with Potsdam. Since then, she's seemed less and less interested in doing the things necessary to be that genuinely elite player again.

2) She'll be 29 having already won 1 WWC, 2 Euro's, 1 Olympic medal, 2 UEFA club trophy's with two different teams, 3 Bundesliga titles, 2 DFB cups, and taken third place on the FIFA POTY list.

3) If you've accomplished what she has so far, historically the WNT doesn't have much incentives to to stay around beyond 30.
    Didn't Norway just reach a Euro final with an even less experienced side...? Plus the tournament bracket will probably decide how far most teams will go anyway.

11. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #61 hotjam2, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    I preferred Norway's former coach, Pellourd. With a 4-3-3, he was more attacked minded than the current one, who's slowed things down quite a bit, which is a shame because of all the fire power that Norway's got up front. I mean with two of the best fwds in the world in Ada & Caro, you would want them to get the ball as much as possible, not slow it down to a crawl like the newbie's done.
    Only saw the highlights but it did seem like Norway got dominated by the upstart Austrians on the way to a 1-1 tie on their home field

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You are from Norwegen?

13. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yes, but I'm only following Bundesliga, La Liga and Premier League because norwegian soccer sucks, altought I do like our women's soccer team tho

our men soccer national team is.....

14. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yep we need to speed up our game.. With Ada and Caro we have the forwards, and also Thorsnes has pace and idk but I would love to see Haavi more.

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    OK, Islacker is the latest to fall out of Steffi Jones first two wnt camps, and this time I'm not seeing any other names being called in to replace anybody...:cautious:

All the U-20 forwards baring Bremer are being ignored for now too, but what's the harm in having Lea Schüller called up, or even having Lotzen join the squad for extra injury recuperation training...?

Anyway, Islacker's a decent goal poacher with solid if not spectacular technique, so she won't be missed; and her absence just guarantees Kayikci will see some game time too, with Mittag - Petermann - Huth, being the only other recognized FW's in the squad.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Interesting... at a time lower ranked wnt defenses are increasingly able to hold a deeper line and still counter attack effectively, you would still highlight pace as a main asset for a potentially effective forward within the elite competitions of women's football...:cautious:

See, for me it's going to be all about the AM's being the big factor in creating a winning formula for the next Euro-WC-Olympic cycle, with direct teams possessing limited FW's only having raw pace without brains or end product, becoming increasingly ineffectual at the top level of the game.

17. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    well I don't want our national team to play "boring" football, tho this sounds stupid.. idk i'm not sure on Finjord as a the head coach either... but are women's football going into a new era now where Portugal euro 2016 style will be the prefferable style to play? :///

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not stupid at all... witnessing quality/skilled play is the only way the much of the women's game globally receives any genuine credibility, outside of a few weeks of patronizing applause every two years from the main stream media...:rolleyes:

Plus who doesn't enjoy seeing their team/national team win in style..? Not only did we win, but we won also producing the extra flourishes that turn good teams into great ones.... who doesn't want to see that lol.
    The new era is having low ranking teams finally being able to defend deep/compact and still counter attack effectively; and while it can look boring/ugly now (recent WWC and Olympic's being prime examples of this), it will force higher ranking nations to improve their play, or continue to be exposed with an increasing and frustrating regularity.

19. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I believe Thorsnes has been turned into an fullback and the Norwegian fans keep picking on her for her supposedly poor. She played really good as a winger at some of the WC games last year. But she might of gotten placed there for the missing Caro.
    For a country with just a pop of 5 mill, Norway has proven more than enough as a woso power. It's just hard to have all the 'missing pieces of the puzzle' with such a small amount of players to choose from as woso becomes more popular around the world, and all the major tourney's lately have coincidently, been won by much bigger countries(US, Japan and Germany).

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For now, Lea needs to be well left alone. She's got a very busy schedule ahead allready with the u20 WC, and she's playing for a Essen, a team that's not jam packed with talent, so she wouldn't get the rest like others might.
    If Jones can't get the productivity she wants from her current forwards, than Lea would be a viable option later on.
    Right now, playing on a club that doesn't dominate the middle, most of her goals come from quick counter attacks. It's not always a smooth transition switching over to another like the senior NT which faces mostly bunkering opponents that will go to brutally chopping down any players that have momentum going for them.
    I would think also that especially NOT knowing if Bremer is going To be there for u20(she either might be in recurring injury mode, or Lyon might not release her at the very last moment) Lea's role will be ever so much more important to Meinert, as I don't think the only other viable youth forward, Egholz, had panned out yet as a major talent

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I agree, but given the superior talents who've also been pushed into the senior side at the same age, she's hardly a special case in the history of the German wnt.

Does the senior side need her now.. hell no, but it might do her some good to get a close up view of the level she needs to be at in order to take her game to another level and potentially break into senior team contention ahead of schedule.
    I think Meinert's built this next U-20 team around having Bremer, and not picking a regular front pairing since the U-19 qualification took place would suggest that even more, given the easier task it would be just to use Schüller as the #9.

Yeah, I've had French posters around BS getting all annoyed with me for highlighting the fact Bremer's still part of the German way of doing things...:rolleyes:, but if she like Kulig - Marozsan etc... is prepared to lead the next U-20 side for a second time, she'll be in... I don't know, (wherever this tournament is taking place) and attempt to win the golden ball she should have received last time.

Seriously, I could be very wrong on this, but from what little I've seen it's with Schüller rarely playing as a FW in Meinert's team when Freigang - Sanders are healthy; and now Meinert also using Freigang as a AM from time to time too, rotating others into the forward roles in likely expectation of Bremer spearheading the attack.

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Lina Magull's the latest name to drop out of the national team squad.

And in the latest interview with Jones, she mentions...
    • With other options missing, Anja Mittag is set to be captain for the first two internationals in the Jones era.
    • The extra experience of Peter and Henning see's them remain in the squad (for now..:cautious:), but the coaches are looking at new defensive names/options to bring in.
    • Certain players set to take part in the next U-20 WC are on the senior coaches radar, but are unlikely to be used prior to that event taking place.
    • Working with the clubs, key players will be allowed to take rests from senior team duty.
    • The team won't stick to any one rigid system, but instead try to be more fluid, changing between 4-4-2 through 3-4-3 and 4-3-3, all depending on the in game approach of opponents.
    • The philosophy of play will try to produce a more effective attack, playing quicker more precise football in the tight spaces that occur in the final third of the field, facing a new wave of defensively stubborn bunker based wnt's.

23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So they are reacting to the repetitive injuries due to the additional stress with CL and NT games. Nice. Magull is another mett case. And with all the kackboons playing I would expect us to run the scores high in qualification thats for sure

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With injuries rates gathering momentum with the national program, Silvia Neid and her coaches were still implementing players individual fitness plans to stick to, and this outside of the ones provided by their clubs, showcasing just how poor the past relationship was between the clubs and the wnt lol.

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I guess they thought and still think the training level of clubs wasnt high enough. And considering the fitness of the americans thats understandable. We can argue though if that gap is still the case and if the training plans can be coordinated better