Leicester - Leeds [R]

Discussion in 'Leeds' started by Own Goal Hat-Trick, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Own Goal Hat-Trick

Jul 28, 1999
    ColoRADo
    what the *#*#*#*#.

no, really, what the *#*#*#*#?

4:0? i know away and all... but away at leicester. lowly leicester, who had what, 1pt in all previous matches? horrific result, really, and certainly not what the club needs right now.

2. JoBeck

JoBeck New Member

Jul 24, 2000
    Wesschessduh
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it was 2 points. But it's 5 now, and that's what matters.

Leeds' problem was that they approached "lowly" Leicester City the way you did.

3. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Leicester are a better team than their "points total" would have some believe.
    They gave us great problems a few weeks ago and really were up for this game.
    Thouroughly deserved win.

*Never did understand judging a team on "points total"--and especially so at this early stage of the season.

4. Seedorf

Seedorf New Member

Aug 4, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN USA
    Yuck! What the hell happened? Who was that team? Leeds got completely crushed. Welcome to the EPL, Roque Junior! Things seem to move a little faster than in Serie A, eh? I hang my head in shame. I love Peter Reid's comment after the game:

"The better team won. Leicester deserve their victory, we were second best all over the pitch. We were really disappointing."

Nuff said!

5. J. Books

J. Books New Member

Oct 8, 2001
    Maryland
    Pathetic. Simply pathetic.
    But it's obvious everyone underestimated the Foxes.

Sahko and Pennant were the only players with any spark of imagination.

Viduka looked like molasses and Smith was absent for the majority of the match. Gary Kelly had the heart, but I think he's lacking in the skills department.

Loaning Mills out to Middlesborough was a mistake. He's our last international defender standing (next to Radebe) and Reid goes and dumps him off on a rival team.

My fear is that Reid will eventual alienate everyone of substance at the club into leaving before he gets canned himself...then where are we at?