Leicester City vs Chelsea FC

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Yahtzee, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wut.. the way they drew the lines and the camera angle made it look very much on..

2. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    But at least he took the chance, hopefully that will give him some confidence

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    disappointing

tepid performance from chels

4. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Looking like my next season ticket will be at London Irish

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I don't know what to say....I guess after that Fulham win, it's not surprising. I fear the writing is on the wall for Frank.

6. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lampard sent a team out with no plan or vision to be executed. As if they weren't prepared to go up against a LC team that presses and counters as a religion. It's reached the point where Frank is out of his depth and soon the players (if not already) will be losing their faith in him.

We looked shameful vs a bottom team as much as we do with a top one. Doesn't matter who we are up against. Its this that makes seeing Frank depart that much easier. The club comes first.

Yahtzee and Rman3349 repped this.
  7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His excuses are running out. It's mid-January and the players are still new?

‘I can’t get caught up in what the reaction will be. I took this job knowing there will be difficult times. We had a ban, we had young players, at the minute we have new players and we can see they are striving for form and to be settled into this team. We just have to fight. Everything was rosy in mid-November but it’s not so rosy now.

9. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    We need to give Lamps at least 3 seasons to build the squad. There's no way we're letting him go.

Klopp also had such a streak in his final season at Dortmund. We will come good.

11. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That Dortmund team got progressively better until they became champions before.. eventually.. having one season finish worse than those before it. He took a team languishing in 7th place and turned them into champions. There really is no comparison to be made here, imo.

While I'm not exactly a fan of the managerial merry-go-round, how do we reconcile getting so much worse? Lamps got his cherry picked transfers, added them to an already top 4 team, making us the best squad in the league personnel-wise. It's hard to look at that and accept current performance levels.

I can understand needing time but if that can't be backed up with anything beyond a surface level "he needs time" then that really isn't good enough. If I hired someone to build a house and they weren't even close to being done and I asked to see their blueprints and they didn't have any, then that would be a problem. Doesn't matter how much time you have if you don't have a plan or know what you want your team to look like.

Rman3349 and Dtrip77 repped this.
  12. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Jeez. Two analogies from a sport I know better than soccer. We look like a pick-up basketball game with a bunch of guys who don’t know each other. Lots of dudes standing around, waiting for their turn to do something, looking frustrated every time they don’t get a chance or anytime someone else tries something and fails. Pulisic looks like that guy who’s just a little better than everyone else, but not enough to dominate, so he ends up just dribbling around til he looses the ball.

During the NBCSN broadcast, they said someone from the Athletic reported Frank was a dead man walking. Still hope Roman is patient, but he’s making it hard to root for him. Agree with others we seem adrift and out of ideas. Seeing teams like West Ham, the Foxes, Southampton put out teams with organization and energy consistently is frustrating.