Lehmanns Dive

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by house18, Sep 26, 2003.

1. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    I just saw a wide angle view of the pk foul and the next 10 seconds or so and Lehmann went down like a sack of bricks when Fortune ran into him while trying to get the ball. First of all what was Fortune doing???? He should have gotten booked for that. Lehmann flew to the ground, rolled, grabbed what looked like his face and then when nobody came over to him he got up. Every time I saw this it was a tight angle on the ref, so you couldn't see Lehmann's reaction. Very funny! Perhaps Motterman can create some sort of visual for this?

2. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I didn't see it but I love your question "What was Fortune doing????"

Who the %$*& knows what Fortune is doing half the time...

3. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Look at the bright side of things. Lehmann is fitting in well with the rest of his teammates.

I have to commend Henry though. He seemed to have stayed clear of the crap at Old Trafford in that match.

4. footie guy

footie guy New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    London
    Yes, and there was nothing wrong with what Ruud did that match... Jumping on someone's face IS a normal part of football... then jumping away acting as if you were kicked is too. You're so right. But I like Man Utd just fine. Great squad, great talent, great manager, and a great stadium.