LEGIONARIOS Hondureños - Part II

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by letsplayfootball, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Osman Chavez deserves to be in a top league, i really hope he is at his best for the world cup he is a unsung hero for us (except the usa game he played poor). He is like the new Sammy Caballero :D

2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Re: Legionarios Hondureños

the people who look at talent in MLS are a joke! anyways maynor suazo played in europe a couple of years and i think he can stick around in Mexico...

3. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

The complaint from NY Red Bull about Maynor was not his lack of quality. In fact, the manager of NY knew Maynor well from Red Bull Salzburg...which is why he was interested in bringing Maynor to NY. The reason NY rejected Maynor was that he was not anywhere near match fitness, according to the NY manager. The season was starting soon and they needed a defensive midfielder to play immediately as the other defensive midfielder was/is out injured....hence they decided it was not worth it too wait for Maynor to get match fit.

Also, remember MLS teams have salary caps...so this may have played a factor as I imagine Maynor had a sizable salary demand, by MLS standards. Just a theory.

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Emil Martinez just scored his first goal with Indios :), i really believe that even though Indios has been relegated another mexican team will sign him because he has been 1 of the best players for Indios

5. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I love Wilson but does anyone think he needs to improve on his shooting, im probably better.

6. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Yeah, could be better no doubt. But I don't think he has ever tried to be a "complete" midfielder. He always has known his strengths (i.e. winning the ball in the middle and distributing). He is a role player...and he has excelled at his defensive midfield duties. I don't think Tottenham expect or want him to push forward much.

But with the national team, I do think we expect some more offensive involvement from him. Personally, I dont think we should though...I am happy with him focusing on disrupting Spanish, Swiss, and Chilean attack. If we want success in S. Africa we need everyone to play their role/position...an organized team will be key. My opinion.

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

I agree, and that is why Amado or Dani whomever starts next to Wilson will be so key. They will need to generate the game for Rambo, Edgar and the strikers.
    I also think Emilio has to be really smart of when to go up and attack, he will need to hold back at times, because if we get hit on the counter, we will probably get scored on.

8. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I think Emelio is probably the best out of any other Honduran when it comes to knowing when to Attack and defend, and he's probably the best one in Honduras on doing so both just as well.

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL

Did you see the Turkey game? He is great in La liga, but no one in our league is as fast as Alexis Sanchez, David Silva, or Barnetta.

10. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  11. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

i think emil in the NT sucked nads but i like the emil in indios! I like how his passing and distributing the ball....I think after the WC he should be back in the squad.

I think him and Ramon would make a nice duel.

12. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

The league's rating on Roger's weekend performance, see below. It seems they are playing him at outside back and switching the side he plays on (first game he was on left this game on the right). Also, they are giving him lots of liberty to make forward runs. It is nice to see his defensive game improving, could come in handy for World Cup.

Roger Espinoza (6.5)

Espinoza is still adjusting to his new role on the back line, but his defense seems to be coming along nicely. He won a handful of 50-50 balls in the first half, and Colorado manager Gary Smith eventually removed Medhi Ballouchy, the player Espinoza was marking for the most part, to give the Rapids a spark.
    http://www.kcwizards.com/news/2010/04/player-ratings-kansas-city-1-0-colorado

13. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  14. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  15. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California

Hopefully it happens but im suprised DIEZ hasnt said anything about this yet! bcuz they always bring the rumors before anyone and then just get us excited and nothing ends up happening in the end!!

Costly scores :)
    http://www.diez.hn/Legionarios/Ediciones/2010/04/15/Noticias/Costly-anota-y-es-finalista-en-Rumania

WOW! Thank God that the hondurenos in china are safe after a massive earthquake hit China yesterday
    http://www.diez.hn/Legionarios/Edic...as/Gracias-a-Dios-estamos-bien-Jerry-Palacios

16. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I've learn to not believe any rumor Diez.hn publishes.

17. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  18. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  19. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  20. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  21. honduran4life

honduran4life Member

Jul 2, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    CD Marathón
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

of course.

23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

they've always been open for selection lol

and Emil Martinez was subbed out last game against Jaguares for N'Kong. Emil had a bad game, but I don't judge his entire season on one bad game or a few. his good games outweight his bad games.

24. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/calcio/articoli/articolo31449.shtml

Alvarez 7 - Preaching in the desert. In the first 45 minutes is the only one who really tries, so that is constantly doubled by serious and Zuniga. In the second half does the same thing, but the team decided it supported only a quarter of an hour remaining. Too late.

seemed like mosky was the only threat on the field.

25. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

I saw Seattle play Kansas City this past weekend.
    I must say I was very impressed with Espinoza as a left back. He was marking Freddie Ljungberg and Montero most of the match and essentially shut them down. Also, he knew when to go forward. He brings a strong presence on the outside defense. I think he is better in that position than in midfield.
    In fact, I think he is good enough to go to South Africa at this position, perhaps not as a starter but his size and physical attributes might match up well against the European teams.

him talking about World Cup chances...
    http://www.kcwizards.com/news/2010/04/espinoza-keeping-world-cup-dream-alive