Legends Database

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by poetgooner, Mar 18, 2018.

1. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks for putting the work in to adjust things that I and others have picked out mate.

I haven't checked very much so far in terms of the changes, but will study them (as much as to familiarise myself with the 'approved versions' as try to argue or anything I guess!), but having not concentrated a lot on attributes of strikers I can add a few thoughts on those as we get close to the start of the draft:

Kempes looks one that could be a bit under-rated attribute wise to me compared to his status in the game and IMO prime abilities and impact. I'd consider increases in these as options (in priority order with the first potentially going up several): Agility, pace, acceleration, balance, dribbling, passing, heading, finishing (I considered teamwork too but maybe not and there are enough other options!)

Eusebio's physical attributes could certainly go up a bit I think - acceleration and pace are already very good but feasibly can go up, but I'd suggest agility and balance go up anyway.

Whether Law is under-rated I'm not hugely convinced (didn't spend time to compare to others in depth and would always be a matter of opinion/perception anyway I suppose) but he seems decently edited in terms of the better ratings he has etc, but he does still have static target man at the moment, even though his off the ball rating is really excellent (could be a bit wasted if he is deemed to 'prefer' not to use that talent though?; anyway even though off the ball looks at least good enough if not even slightly high, I'd still suggest taking away static target man as a trait myself).

Greaves can go up a bit for dribbling I'd say, and given his strength is not high at all (I don't necessarily argue with that) I think his balance getting a nice rise can be good since his natural balance seems actually very good to me, and without big strength of course he couldn't be resisting really aggressive challenges and pushes etc anyway.

I think Van Basten's first touch and technique can both be nudged up (not just because I'm worried you're being serious about Kane lol - you will give Puck a heart attack maybe though!) even if say long shots and anticipation were taken down a point (IMO in any hierarchy of main strikers he can be at the top anyway, but if necessary to keep him below Pele, Cruyff etc by a decisive amount in overall rating). But his acceleration at least slightly, and pace most definitely and not slightly, do need to go up IMHO. I did start to wonder if I went too far suggesting Rivaldo's go down a lot (I haven't checked what has changed yet though; I did also think that he could have lobs keeper as a preferred move if he doesn't already too though, even if dribbling does go slightly down also for the Brazilian which I'd probably agree with in the end, especially if Zidane's has indeed gone down) but I don't have doubts in saying that at the least it'd be more realistic to give Van Basten the pace stats Rivaldo originally had and vice versa (even if switched so acceleration was the higher one for him although I'm not sure about that). It is one of the clear and obvious things to me that Van Basten needs to be faster.

Rush, Lineker, Klinsmann and Riva also definitely need to be faster, and possibly Fontaine and Rossi I think. Romario slower (but acceleration being very good, even if not quite so high, and above pace by a few does make sense; I would take away tries to play way out of trouble also), and possibly Kocsis too by a little bit at least I think (maybe his teamwork and composure could go up to compensate). Muller also (but also with better/good acceleration, but just not a lot of pace at all). I'd say Van Nistelrooy down a bit on acceleration too probably at least.

I'll leave it there again for now, and maybe finally but I'll see!

2. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The database should be up to date now. I'll work on it later tonight.

3. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I think, as I've just been suggesting, we need to be careful re: pace. If we made several side-backs quicker generously and didn't make several of the speedy strikers quick enough it could be a major error I think.

I am fairly sure that if Lineker for example is being chased by Battiston (or Zambrotta, or probably Armfield as far as I know; Suurbier I hesitate to say the same about to the same extent though as by my observation and estimations he did seem a quick player certainly) then he should not be being caught if both are without the ball.

Gordillo I did agree with in terms of being a fast side-back though, and I've not checked Lizarazu just now (so will just state that IMO teamwork and positioning can both be very good for him, in comparison to R.Carlos for example) but he can be fairly fast (maybe 17 is ok, but I'd still suggest Lineker needs to be higher than that) I think too. Unless I'm mistaken Lizarazu would be faster than Battiston, although I don't rule out I'm under-estimating Battiston's pace slightly but I'm certainly not convinced about anything over 16 even if Lineker went up to 19, as he very feasibly could I think.

Composure is a good call for Battiston though mate I think, and well done on all the work you've put in (especially for side-backs in general, and also SA players).

4. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Going back to Lineker and Paolo Rossi, I suppose it does depend on the version created but assuming Lineker won't be from right at the end of his career I do think pace should be clearly higher for him (including acceleration). I would say one-twos for Lineker can be taken away as a true preferred move, and replaced by any or all of likes to beat offside trap, likes to round keeper, likes to lob keeper and places shots.

For Rossi I doubt he should really have the static target man trait, but in 1982 guise as opposed to 4 years earlier maybe it's not so bad (I still suggest it's removed though personally). I think his teamwork might be 1st option I'd pick out for a rise, other than crossing which I think could be switched with long shots (I'm not aware he was any good at those, from outside the box and especially from real long distance).

Looking at some of the older ones, I'm no expert on them but I would suggest Nordahl might go up for long shots and down for technique, while Riva could go up for agility and down for decisions.

5. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I won't have scanned the whole database, but have tried to look at a lot, and am probably finishing off with sweepers and maybe centre-backs a bit.

On that note I think Beckenbauer should go up on pace and acceleration, at least a couple of points (in his younger version I'd say at least 3 or 4 but I'm convinced it's too low at present anyway). I think the balance of what he's good at could be adjusted a bit - dribbling swapping with marking, and composure with positioning maybe (or dribbling and composure even going up more if for a defender they'd count for less towards overall rating - although as he's rightly a designated midfielder too then maybe that doesn't apply).

6. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    I read the first two, and I agree about Eusebio and Kempes (not sure about increasing heading) and in case of Kempes his 1st role, would be AM/FW

7. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel Member+

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    #282 PuckVanHeel, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    His prime was at Valencia. There he was predominantly a striker or very scoring oriented wing forward (a la Cristiano). Are three games for the national team enough to give him AM?

edit: Kempes had a fairly low amount of assists too. More than twice as low as 'real AM' Cruijff had in those same years. Also not as high as 'playmaking' strikers like for ex. George Weah.

8. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    I agree that both Lineker's attributes Pace/Acceleration can increase to 17.

For the Pace's SB, I read some articles saying they were fast, maybe in the cases that aren't so clear, they could have a 16.

9. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    #284 msioux75, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    At Valencia the forward line was: Rep-Diarte-Kempes, later Felman replaced Rep. The ones who played up-front were Diarte as CF and Rep/Felman as RW.

But Kempes was mainly a Left Wing that likes to track back to exploit his best Pace+Strenght, running with the ball at his feet, not a proper LW, but more like a Mediapunta, it's just that FW and AM are in the same list.

10. PDG1978

PDG1978 Member+

Mar 8, 2009
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Continuing with this a bit.....

I'd say tries long passes definitely needs taking off Beckenbauer, as firstly he did spread the ball around I know but I don't think went for a lot of back to front attempts, and secondly and most importantly it would really misrepresent his game overall. I'd say runs with ball through centre, plays one-twos and tries killer balls often could be possibilities though. For the same reason I think tries long passes should be taken off Scirea. I'm a bit in two minds about whether Bobby Moore could have it, and I think Krol could, and Koeman already does correctly I'd say, but it doesn't seem suitable for Scirea or Beckenbauer.

I'd definitely be under the impression that Blanc's speed should move closer to Moore's, and Scirea's might also do so (coming back down rather than going up in his case). I don't feel like Blanc should have shoots with power or marks opponents tightly, or that Moore should have dives into tackles to be honest. Dribbling up a few for Blanc (maybe a preferred move of runs with ball through centre is also ok for him), while maybe flair can go down slightly but at least I think dribbling should be above it for him. Marking down, and decisions up might be good too I think.

11. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Database updated

It's the last update. No more changes.

12. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Sorry, but Costacurta and Hulshoff aren't their profiles in the DB.

13. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They are. I see them there.

14. EnnatzIsTheMan

Meidericher Spielverein
    Mar 16, 2018
    I can't find Giresse on Google Drive.

15. msioux75

msioux75 Member+

Jan 8, 2006
    Lima, Peru
    Scan is the profiles from others

16. poetgooner

poetgooner Member+

Arsenal
    Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is it still a problem?

You're right! Not sure how I effed that up. Spent my time making his profile only to forget to upload it -*-

I'll do it next weekend! I highly doubt he's going to be picked in the first 3-4 rounds anyway.

msioux75 and EnnatzIsTheMan repped this.